It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(SUBMISSION) Ukraine Says It Seized 'Red Mercury' (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This was posted on yahoo about an hour ago. I searched, but it doesn't appear this has been submitted. Has anyone heard any more of this?

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040517/ap_on_re_eu/ukraine_red_mercury

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I remember hearing about the Cesium incident a ways back.

This "red mercury" thing seems pretty bunkola. Mercury isn't radioactive: The reason it harms a person is because the mercury vapours will embed themselves in your lungs. Build-up in a body system will kill the body, eventually.

All in all, I think it's just the former Communist bloc's black market attempt to rake in some extra dough: I seriously doubt there will be anything done about this "red mercury."

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Another find was a bottle of Red Mercury. Now this was a big deal for me. In order for a nuclear bomb to created fusion, you need fission, which is why nuclear missles are so complex. Back in the peak of the Cold War, the USSR came out with a story that stated they developed a chemical that could create fusion WITHOUT fission, thus creating the capabilites for the possibility of a small, cheap nuclear mega-ton bomb. It was called Red Mercury. Most people say it was just some urban legend that was whipped up by the Soviets to sell some crap on the black market for $200K-$300K per ounce (which they did). No tests have ever proved that this substance actually worked. It was produced on the USSR and Eat Germany, from what I know. It just goes to show what extent Iraq was taking to create something for mass destruction.

www.ricekiller.com...

new topics

join