It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In letter, Iran urges UN to stand up to Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

In letter, Iran urges UN to stand up to Israel

www.presstv.ir

In the face of resumed military threats by Israeli leaders, Iran's ambassador to the UN, calls on the world body to put a stop to such 'irresponsible behaviors'.

“There is absolutely no sense in the ongoing Israeli threats against the Tehran government,” said Iranian ambassador to the UN Mohammad Khazaei in a letter of protest to Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iran to 'blow up heart' of Israel if attacked

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Just few important highlights from the article:

In the face of resumed military threats by Israeli leaders, Iran's ambassador to the UN, calls on the world body to put a stop to such 'irresponsible behaviors'.

“There is absolutely no sense in the ongoing Israeli threats against the Tehran government,” said Iranian ambassador to the UN Mohammad Khazaei in a letter of protest to Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.

Khazaei pointed to claims made by Ephraim Sneh, a former Israeli deputy defense minister, earlier last week. Sneh had told the Sunday Times that time was running out for action against Tehran's enrichment activities.

“If no crippling sanctions are introduced by Christmas, Israel will strike,” he had said. “If we are left alone, we will act alone.”

Khazaei said that considering Israel's trigger-happy attitude in the past, the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) should take necessary action against these “irresponsible comments”.

“Such remarks, which are occasionally made by Tel Aviv leaders, are nothing but lame excuses to fudge the issue over Israel's nuclear arsenal and divert attention from its criminal and terrorist activities in the region,” he added.

Khazaei assured that Iran's nuclear activities are peaceful. “The only threat in the region is the existence of Israel's nuclear arsenal, which has so far remained unsupervised and undeclared.”

and

Tel Aviv, which houses an arsenal of 200 nuclear warheads, views Tehran's nuclear program as a mortal threat. Israeli leaders repeatedly warned to bomb Iranian nuclear facilities out of existence.

This is while the Islamic Republic, since its establishment in 1979, has never committed a single act of invasion. Iran has gone to war only once, to defend itself against the Iraq-imposed war in 1980, whereas Israel has invaded Lebanon twice, bombed Syria once, and attacked Gaza many times.

If anyone could find a link or copy to the letter it would be great.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I laughed out loud at the headline. Iran is literally snickering in the face of the UN, knowing full well that the UN would never do anything more than...sanctions.

The fact that Iran would do something like this is, first of all, a sign of how useless the UN is, feared by no one.

Second, Iran is not worried about any sort of military action against them by anyone but Israel.

The implications of both of the above points should be sobering.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
“If no crippling sanctions are introduced by Christmas, Israel will strike,” he had said. “If we are left alone, we will act alone.” [/v]

Just imagin if Iran made such a statement, oooweee the world would go crazy because Iran wants to wipeout Israel, we have eaten so many lies that if I personally try to swollow anymore it will all come back out. Wouldn't that be a good thing though?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Yep lol @ if Iran would have said that it would have been allover MSM for coming years and many thread on ATS to show to evil Iran is.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I believe this will all culminate in something huge. It will likely be the start of the third world war. Look at how many countries are involved. This is going to be a big turning point in our world. It is coming soon to a planet near you.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hopefully Iran will keep publicly stating its peaceful intentions and protesting Israel’s behavior to the United Nations and the International Press.

The real danger here is Israel and it’s Zionists politics and it’s leader Benjamin Netanyahu who stated in his recent speech to the U.N. General Assembly “That you are either with Israel or you are with the terrorists”.

Sorry but the choice between Democrats and Republicans sucks enough in its own right for me to want any logical part of a statement like that. People should recognize clear statements like Netanyahu’s for what they are ‘A declaration of war’ upon us all, and free will, and liberty and the right to self determination. You are either with us or with our enemy are nothing but a third rate intimidation tactics designed to cower people into submission.

Israel and it’s Zionist Politicians and Zionist supporters are so out of control and out of touch with reality and most especially the American spirit it is no longer funny and we need to stop humoring Israel and if need be take collective military action against them to force them to start abiding by the U.N. Treaties and International Law and stop allowing them the privilege of abusing the United Nations for it’s own purposes while ignoring the spirit of it’s charter, it’s sanctions and findings and resolutions and it’s subordinate agencies.

I do not believe Iran is a threat to Israel or any other nation and the only people terrorizing anyone is the U.S. and Israeli governments. Mostly who they are terrorizing is their own citizens.

[edit on 10/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I do not believe Iran is a threat to Israel or any other nation and the only people terrorizing anyone is the U.S. and Israeli governments. Mostly who they are terrorizing is their own citizens.

[edit on 10/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

That is just simply not true. With that logic it would be fair for me to state the opposite and say that the only people terrorizing anyone is Iran. That would be through the underground support of extremists against Israel and their support of the insurgency in Iraq.

I am certainly not just going to take the Iranian governments word for it when they say they are not attempting to develop nuclear weapons. The Iranian people may be alright but why should I trust some other countries government over my own (for this site I have to point out that they are both governments capable of corruption)?

I also find the part about the US and Israel terrorizing their own citizens funny. I'm not going to say for certain that I know where you are from but I find funny when citizens from countries on the level of the US or UK think they are terrorized or mistreated. It's really just a case of being spoiled.

Humanity is not granted natural rights. That's something a few people made up which the rest of the world does not share.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Iran has not started any war in the last 1000 years and wont start the next one - its not part of the `game plan`

but then again this is just same old same old - pick a year going back the last 5 and the same thing is said.

www.antiwar.com...

2001/2002 - they were working together and could have run the taliban out far quicker - but `someone` didnt want that to happen

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

I am certainly not just going to take the Iranian governments word for it when they say they are not attempting to develop nuclear weapons. The Iranian people may be alright but why should I trust some other countries government over my own (for this site I have to point out that they are both governments capable of corruption)?

Because your government have been exposed lying. Look at the record, who lies more, politicians?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
I laughed out loud at the headline. Iran is literally snickering in the face of the UN, knowing full well that the UN would never do anything more than...sanctions.

Man, it almost sounds like some kind of cool video game to you.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
“If no crippling sanctions are introduced by Christmas, Israel will strike,” he had said. “If we are left alone, we will act alone.” [/v]

Just imagin if Iran made such a statement, oooweee the world would go crazy because Iran wants to wipeout Israel, we have eaten so many lies that if I personally try to swollow anymore it will all come back out. Wouldn't that be a good thing though?

Yeah.. apparently Israel is the only country in the middle east that is allowed to threaten war and death to other nations. Also they must be the only country in the middle east that has a right to protect it's citizens. Pardon me if I get the impression that somehow they believe their lives are more important than say... a Muslims. Speaks volumes doesn't it!

IRM

[edit on 11/10/09 by InfaRedMan]

new topics

top topics

join