It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Back Yard Sunset UFO! -PHOTO's (or just contrails?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Greetings ATS'er...

OK... This is a UFO. This is real and these are photo's I took. This is a UFO to me. Perhaps, however it should be called a Unidentified FALLING Object. As the sun set, it showed up pretty clear as seen in the pictures. As the sky darkened, so did the object, then disappeared.

Any thoughts as to what this is?

Space Junk?

Comet?

These were taken last evening:

EDITED TITLE .. Thanks MOD!

[edit on 9-10-2009 by ImAPepper]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Wow, those are some pretty cool pictures. How fast was it falling?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Thanks... it was very slow. It was in the sky a good 10-15 minutes.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but it looks like plane contrails lit up by the sun...not a UFO

Google Image Search of "Contrails sun setting"

More images of contrails while the sun set

and some more...

Thanks for sharing! Keep looking up

[edit on October 9th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I hate to say it, but it looks like plane contrails lit up by the sun...not a UFO

I was thinking the same thing as I watched. The contrails typically break up much quicker than this one that I witnessed. The direction was not of any flight path that I have seen. I never seen them vertically however. They usually form across my back yard horizontally.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
That would be what we call an "plane"

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdebz
That would be what we call an "plane"

No, that is what we could call "a plane". Does that sound right when you read it back to yourself? Proofread your own words before posting them for the world to see.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I was gonna say maybe this is like the phenomenon we discussed in a thread I started last week, but you said it was in the sky for 10-15min. Any chance you live around where they shoot up rockets?

[edit on 9-10-2009 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAPepper

Contrails last based on temperatures/weather conditions waaay up there in the atmosphere. And they can last for very very long periods of time. Or sometimes less than a minute. Please read this thread Contrail Science on the formation of contrails.

Also, planes sometimes do change paths and flight patterns. Depends on traffic, weather, etc.

So with all that said, based on your pictures, there is no reason for me (and others) to believe it is anything but contrail being lit up by the sun.

If someone can provide evidence that shows this is wrong, I welcome it

[edit on October 9th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

No, but there is an active flight pattern for flights on approach. Not that high though.

I am quite certain it is a contrail. But, it was very cool to watch. I will say though, I have watched sunsets from my backyard for 5 years now. This was a first.

new topics

top topics

join