It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When a Thread gets moved to RATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
For those of us not deemed worthy of entrance into RATS, when a thread dissappears into the void that you have been following and contributing to, is that it? No notice, no more listings that you you were even there, not even a thanks we'll take it from here?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The starter of the post will receive an email that the thread has been moved, but I do understand the frustration of some because of this.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Just be patient, young grass hopers. You will one day have access to RATS too. Just earn your points, but earn them wisely.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The creator of the Thread requested in no uncertain terms that the Thread be moved to RATS.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Do not start posting mad so that you can gain access to RATs. As mOrbid said, when you get into RATs, post wisely

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Frustrated and somewhat discouraged, I know I'm a newbee and have not proved myself yet, but now do I want to get involved in any type of meaningful research or discussion if the next time I log on it's gone.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well, I know of the thread you are talking about. It is locked now, I just spent like an hour reading it all. To find out it was locked and ONLY ONE was banned?

Can some one U2U me with the out come of that, I am wondering if it was fake, and how was is it found out? I honestly think three people in the thread are the same person. Thanks in advance.

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yes, I spent some time reading the thread too. An explanation upon closure would really be helpful...in the future!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm a little miffed because, probably we're talking about the same thread here, the one I was following got moved to RATS and well... I've been here for a while, but I don't post a whole lot, so no RATS access for me.
Maybe we could have some public explanation please, or just idea of what happened.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDead
I'm a little miffed because, probably we're talking about the same thread here, the one I was following got moved to RATS and well... I've been here for a while, but I don't post a whole lot, so no RATS access for me.
Maybe we could have some public explanation please, or just idea of what happened.

I'm sure we are talking about the same thread, and even here, not talking about the thread title, even though a google shows it. Maybe I should put this in a rant but I feel liked I've been slapped down as a newbee again. I know, just wait, you'll get there, it's just the way it's done leaves me discouraged and hurt that once again a newbee doesn't count.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
You guys, the thread was moved and locked. RATS access or no RATS access, you're not missing out.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
You guys, the thread was moved and locked. RATS access or no RATS access, you're not missing out.

At this point if not for this post I would not know that, my main point is still the same. What's to stop something like this from happening again. When something goes into RATS that you have been participating in is that it. If this had been a valid topic would I get any feed back, or would I have to wait until I could gain access to find out anything. I don't see how this encourages me to try and find research information when after I post it I'm out of the loop.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well, guys, since I missed all the excitement, I decided to go and read it. I was about halfway through, and it is now gone.
So, whatever you thought you were deprived of due to RATS, is no longer.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thanks DontTreadOnMe for the info.
I've never been in a thread that was moved to RATS before, and I'm really not criticizing anyone for the choice to move it, it just does suck when you can't see the thread any longer.
But it seems like nobody can see the thread any longer, unless you have access to the trash. So we're all in the same boat, huh?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Maybe, just maybe the ATS conspiracy theory is on to something......

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
YES I KNOW THAT THREAD WAS TRASH.

What I would like answered is: How was I supposed to find out about it, if not for this post.

If it had turned out to be valid or any other thread that I may contribute to, what happens? Am I just SOL, thanks we'll take it from here, WHAT HAPPENS.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Sensitive information was accidentally posted to that thread... as a result, we moved it to RATS to sort things out. It may return soon. Sorry for the confusion.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
So I take the lack of any response to be my answer, Thank You.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Peeps don't let your mistrust get ahead of you. Think. Who was all in that thread. Would they appreciate a u2u about some things that went on that thread. Oh yeah and *cough* google cannot spider u2u *cough*
I hope. Also if you are in chat couldn't you just *whisper* to them when you find something of interest?
Let's get creative, we *are* ATS members, we *are* the ones who got the *wakeup call from the nintendo generation (lol lol)*. There are still plenty of ways to do things. I really hope this helps people out in the long run. just my 2�

Afterthought:In a way this is kinda like our own ring hunt. Think about what the ring hunt is or should be showing people.

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by Crysstaafur]

new topics

top topics

join