It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween Mass Protests: What if Everyone Dressed as Riot Control Officers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Some could dress as police, while others dress as riot control or military. Although I think it would be awesome if everyone was just in full riot control gear so we would have protection.

Imagine the possibilities...

I wouldn't be suprised if toy weapons are banned within the next few Halloweens.

Discuss.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AliBruh

That's a great idea. Although i doubt it would be effective unless groups did it in a coordinated effort.

It does bring some questions to mind as to the legality of impersonating an officer of the law/civil protection/SWAT personnel but aside from those risks, if you get a large enough group of people doing that all together... well you've got yourself a civilian task force

I look forward to seeing swarms of faux SWAT personnel going door to door hunting down their next sugar fix this Halloween

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
well its illegal to impersonate a police officer, or someone in the army.

you could very easily spend the night in jail with your costume confiscated.
imagine that, in a cold cell on hallowen in your pants.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AliBruh

I would just stick to the normal, blood sucking vampire outfit or devil costume.

Actually, come to think of it, you might end up offered a job in politics.

Maybe best not too.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
does this count as riot gear?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/780e54601a14.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
does this count as riot gear?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/780e54601a14.jpg[/atsimg]

Add the lightsaber and everyones in with a chance.

Darth vader voices versus the robocop "unauthorised assembly"

Would make for an interesting Halloween.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm sure somewhere this is bound to happen. the world is still a wide open playground.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
That would be pretty epic. You can buy replica airsoft rifles, pistols for very little money ($30 - $1000) in the USA too! Screw toy guns.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Cool idea, but as the dictators are on the move, they slap you with an impersonating an officer, and you face life in jail..

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AliBruh

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/03536c807017.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/03536c807017.jpg[/atsimg]

My friends and I dressed up as Guy Fawkes for the past two years for Halloween and again on November 5th (And yes, we went to the Voting Booth dressed like that too!).

Last year we had about 30 of us dressed alike. We are hoping this year to get over a hundred of us dressed like that.

It gets the media's attention at least, even if no one else gets our point.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
How can you be arrested for impersonating an officer on Halloween if it's legal to sell officer Halloween costumes? I'm sure if enough people wore it, including kids, then they really can't do anything or else all of the parents would revolt (which is actually what we need). Add in my other idea of stomping along with the officers in the same direction and adding in claps and chants (and music for those who can bring instruments) and turn it into a march.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AliBruh

I would have to say, in my best Christian Bale voice, "I'm not wearing hockey pants!"

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Or better yet, we can all wear armor/protection batman suits. I mean, it is "The Joker" who is waging war on us.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AliBruh

As far as I'm aware - toy weapons are banned in the UK, if not, then certainly in Scotland.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think this is true...

KJ

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Police impersonation is an act of falsely portraying onself as a member of the police, for the purpose of deception. In the vast majority of countries the practice is illegal, and carries a custodial sentence.

Impersonating a police officer is sometimes committed in order to assert police-like authority in order to commit a crime. Posing as a police officer enables the offender to legitimise the appearance of an illegal act, such as; breaking and entry, making a traffic stop, or detaining.

Dressing up as a police officer in costume, or pretending to be a police officer for the purpose of play or a harmless prank toward an acquaintance is generally not considered a crime, provided that those involved recognize the imposter is not a real police officer, and the imposter is not trying to deceive those involved into thinking he/she is.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I am down!!

All we really need are;

Gas masks to protect from the tear-gas nades

Football pads to protect from them shooting us with rubber bullets

Cotton balls in our ears to protect from sound weapons

Replica air-soft guns, not loaded, just to prove that they will still fire on us during a peaceful protest, even though we have no ammo

OH and we can wear all green, the color of greed.

What would they have done at the G20 meeting if everyone protesting came prepared? Drop a huge net on everybody from an invisible helicopter?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Haha, I love the net idea, as if they are pirates capturing Peter pan and the lost boys. But the suits would have to be black in order to look just like the officers. Which if we really wanted to dress as their true selves, we would have to wear Nazi get-ups. Who knows, maybe they might just bow and worship us at that point.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Haha, I love the net idea, as if they are pirates capturing Peter pan and the lost boys. But the suits would have to be black in order to look just like the officers. Which if we really wanted to dress as their true selves, we would have to wear Nazi get-ups. Who knows, maybe they might just bow and worship us at that point.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
The answer is that if it were possible (which I do not believe it is), it would probably alert considerable attention. In a bad way, being as it would show a significant coordinated movement among citizens. People in power would probably devote more resources to researching ways of cutting down on that kind of threat to their "nwo". But I think they've already done a good enough job, seeing as this will not happen anyway

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join