It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOIRP Releases Restored Lunar Orbiter IV Image of the Lunar South Pole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Lets take a journey to the South Pole of the moon as it was photographed in 1967 and faithfully restored for public viewing

This image of the Moon's south pole was taken by Lunar Orbiter IV on 16 May 1967 at 16:00:08 GMT. This image is identified as Frame 4094,high resolution subframe h1. Large craters visible in this image include Shackleton, Amundsen, and Scott.

*Images are all courtesy of the dedicated work from the folk at Moonviews which can be found here:

www.moonviews.com...

You can view the South Pole Moon Image which is more friendly to older Computers here:

images.spaceref.com...

OR you can view the High Resolution .tif image which weighs in at 698 mega-bytes from the link below (and be warned that if you click this link it is a direct download!)

lunarscience.arc.nasa.gov...

*** One very important note here regarding this post is not to get the Location mixed up with "The NASA" activities in the coming hours.. but as you will see its quite relevant and in the "Neighbour Hood"

Lets take a journey to the South Pole

Crater Amundsen at 100% scaling from the .tif image mentioned above:

Close to Shackleton Crater we can find this:

I hope they have a written contract for tonight's happenings

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Something went worng with the amundsen image so here it is :

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Somamech

wtf is that huge thing casting the shadow in this picture? kinda looks like a space shuttle but our shuttles are no where near that big....

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisd250

Well like anyone I do not know for 100% until I have been invited to the moon for a tour but for me right now I believe that the highlighted areas could possibly be air brushed to hide the "rectangular structure".

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

See that big white thing next to the shadow? That means light is hitting it. Logic would tell me that light on one side means shadow on the other, but that is just me.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Yes true and it could be one of these depending on how we interpret the Moon.

wasm.curtin.edu.au...

www.acarp.com.au...

www.miningcoal.com.au...

Disregard that those links are primarily discussing coal mining and look at an early Radar. (I'm still looking for a company i did work for earlier this year related to this image)

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Somamech]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

See that big white thing next to the shadow? That means light is hitting it. Logic would tell me that light on one side means shadow on the other, but that is just me.

thank u for treating me like a retard....ill go bang my head against the wall now

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Here is the image of an early generation mining radar I posted above.

Now if one was to take into account the Shadows and highlights then it would look very similar to one of these radars on a MUCH larger scale

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somamech
Here is the image of an early generation mining radar I posted above.

Now if one was to take into account the Shadows and highlights then it would look very similar to one of these radars on a MUCH larger scale

it does kind of look like that....if it were 100 times bigger....u never know tho

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So the photo of the Amundsen crater was taken in 1967 by Lunar orbiter IV.. and we see sitting in the center of the crater an object that looks to be of intelligent design?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

It certainty appears that way. A rectangular structure is not what we have been led to believe as the the norm on the Moon.

There is also a distinct tower in the other image

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The big bulky thing in the Amundsen crater is its central peak. Often in larger craters the central area is uplifted during the formation of the crater. A nice example is the Tycho crater:

I'm not sure what to look at in the other picture, but I'm not seeing anything that couldn't be geological structures of the Moon.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cnuum

I will work on providing a more clear image regarding the second image.. sleep beckons right now

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
So the photo of the Amundsen crater was taken in 1967 by Lunar orbiter IV.. and we see sitting in the center of the crater an object that looks to be of intelligent design?

What are you all referring to? If you and everyone is talking about that imperfect white triangle let me know and I'll explain it. If it's something else, please specify.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I will appreciate someone explaining how I can upload photos from my hard drive as one can do over at Unexplained Mysteries without any problems or searching.

If someone will help me I can show you a very interesting image connected with Crater Tycho and what's "resting" on its central peak.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
I will appreciate someone explaining how I can upload photos from my hard drive as one can do over at Unexplained Mysteries without any problems or searching.

If someone will help me I can show you a very interesting image connected with Crater Tycho and what's "resting" on its central peak.

I'm pretty sure Eddie has me on ignore, but if he doesn't:

Tutorial: Using the My Pictures section

That's the second time I've posted a link to the tutorial that's located right here on ATS. You have also been sent a U2U by another member explaining how to upload images.

You make it sound like it's impossible to understand how to do this. You keep saying you have your own evidence in images and video and offer to upload stuff and never do it when you've had people offer help numerous times already in other threads. IMHO you have nothing to offer. You make it sound like you have all this great image and video evidence and want to show it badly. If that were true you would have figured out how to do it by now.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by nightmare_david]

top topics

join