It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What gives the US special status?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Okay then, many of us don't like the way the U.S government is running your country.

Seen as none of you can or won't do anything about it, please can we come and sort the mess out for you?

If you look around, many Americans don't agree with many things our government is doing either.

Are you 100% satisfied with what your government is doing?

Would you like Americans to tell you how to run your government? Likewise, Americans would not like others to come to our country to sort out our mess.

No country is perfect.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I presume manxman was making a point [by way of a crude example] but read a bit deeper, it will perhaps, be more clear...

Looks like this thread is devolving a bit - I'm waiting for it to hit a bit lower and if it does, I have a fabulous example to bring forth... Hey, the at-risk teens (the stereotyped "gang" members "thugs" "dissidents" and our "angry" youth) that I work with are able to understand a bigger picture, I'm sure those intelligent folks on this forum can... we shall see if it gets that far...

And don't get me wrong, one possible bigger picture [IMO] is that the large majority of "the rest of the world", claim not to like or want US involvement, yet "seem" more than willing to sit on the "sidelines" and watch what happens, more than likely expecting an outcome that will benefit them. Very easy to cry foul against US injustice, and there are some, while not "appearing" to be actively involved, and while certainly having a lot to gain.

ed: to re-word

[edit on 11-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by manxman2
once i got over feeling inadequate about it i re-alised i had already had the best years out of her and he had done me a favour.
so i got a 10 younger model and rode that for the next 25 years.
and i didnt have to slap her about like the first either she knows her place.

Perhaps she ran off with him because, oh I don't know, you were slapping her around? Seems like the perfect reason for her to run off to me. Sure does explain a lot about your mentality though if you think the above is acceptable behavior.

see theres a moral in there

Yep sure is. Slap your wife around and she'll eventually stop taking your crap and leave you to rot. The US is pretty much the same way. Keep looking down on us and talking about how horrible we all are because you don't like the way we get things done when no one else is willing to do anything, and we're eventually going to leave you to take care of yourself without giving a rat's behind if you make it or not.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

My wife told me that if I ever hit her, she would wait and pick her time.

Wait for me to fall asleep, duct tape me under the sheets, get a boat oar or baseball bat, and beat me until the sun came up.

We, me and her, get along pretty good.

Seems we have an understanding.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Kram09

manxman was making a point, I presume, by way of crude example, but the point was the point - read a bit deeper, it will be more clear...

Looks like this thread is devolving a bit - I'm waiting for it to hit teen-angst/high school status and when it does, I have a fabulous example to bring forth...

Hey, the at-risk teens (the stereotyped "gang" members "thugs" "dissidents" and our "angry" youth) that I work with are able to understand the big picture, I'm sure those intelligent folks on this forum can... we shall see if it gets that far...

[edit on 11-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

exactly lady i was proving my point about how ironic it was a yank telling a yank about a non yank not getting sarcasm.

keep on with the !!crude!! thingy .. been years since a womans talked dirty to me.

whu is the little jewish comedian .. the old guy .. he is the only truly funny yank comic ive ever listened too.

and i dont mean larry silverstein with his pull it line.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by manxman2]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sharps
Here's a list and discussion of the countries USA has invaded/attacked in the last 100+ years. The USA is THE most agressive warmongering nation this planet has ever seen, yes EVER.

academic.evergreen.edu...

Yeah, big deal. So it's a list of countries that the US "invaded", and invaded is used pretty loosely. I gave it a quick scan (yawn). One of those horrible "invasions" is the evac foreigners from Egypt in 1956 by US Marines. Terrible!!!

My fav, tho, has to be the "Invasion of Detriot" in 1967 where the US Army was battling African Americans.
Talk about reaching!

Now, where's the list of other countries that have had invasions? Oh, yeah, that list doesn't exist!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
My wife told me that if I ever hit her, she would wait and pick her time.

Wait for me to fall asleep, duct tape me under the sheets, get a boat oar or baseball bat, and beat me until the sun came up.

That's almost the exact same thing I told my husband, minus the boat oar and the sun coming up. My threat was that it would continue till the bat breaks.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

once i got over feeling inadequate about it i re-alised i had already had the best years out of her and he had done me a favour.
so i got a 10 younger model and rode that for the next 25 years.
and i didnt have to slap her about like the first either she knows her place.

Perhaps she ran off with him because, oh I don't know, you were slapping her around? Seems like the perfect reason for her to run off to me. Sure does explain a lot about your mentality though if you think the above is acceptable behavior.

see theres a moral in there

Yep sure is. Slap your wife around and she'll eventually stop taking your crap and leave you to rot. The US is pretty much the same way. Keep looking down on us and talking about how horrible we all are because you don't like the way we get things done when no one else is willing to do anything, and we're eventually going to leave you to take care of yourself without giving a rat's behind if you make it or not.

take a deep breath jenna.

i bet your a blonde american lass aint ya.

have i proved my point yet about americans not understanding british humour.

by the way she wudda cut my nuts off in my sleep had i raised a hand to her .. mind you i conned her out of half the house and got custody of the full mortgage .. she only got cash .

why are all you yanks that reply swerving the racketeering by the cia topic is it fine to sell your children drugs just as long as some of the money trickles back down yourway.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by manxman2

I'll be honest, i have no idea what you're talking about now.

Are you somehow suggesting that the post about slapping your former wife around was meant to be a joke?

If that's your idea of humour, then forgive me but....you have problems.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i do so hope your not british cram even tho i had high hopes for you at first.

the thoughts of seasoul an american from another thread.

Who are the “terrorists?”

After reviewing the facts as outlined on ATS over the years following 911, it’s sad to think that one of America’s “closest allies,” stabbed the American people in their back.

The way I see it, with “friends” like the Israeli government, who needs enemies?

Not to mention, distorted elements of the U.S. government who willfully supported this selfish effort, that is, the wholesale slaughter of thousands of innocent Americans.

Let's justify warfare, by carrying out and attempting to disguise the cold-blooded murder of our own brothers.

How degenerate is that?

some eyes over the pond are opening,

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

i bet your a blonde american lass aint ya.

Blonde? Only if I dye my hair. American lass? Absolutely, which is obvious based on my posts through out the board.

have i proved my point yet about americans not understanding british humour.

Seeing as how we're on a forum, it would be rather useful to give some type of indication when you are joking and when you are not. Whether it's a smiley, making use of a [/sarcasm] or saying that you're not being serious. Humor doesn't come across well in print, especially not here.

Some British humor is rather amusing, some is childish, and some makes absolutely no sense. Just like American humor. Saying you don't hate the guy your wife ran off with, but it's ok cause you found one 10 years younger that you don't have to slap around falls in the latter category.

by the way she wudda cut my nuts off in my sleep had i raised a hand to her .. mind you i conned her out of half the house and got custody of the full mortgage .. she only got cash .

So she got cash and you got a bill. Who conned who?

why are all you yanks that reply swerving the racketeering by the cia topic is it fine to sell your children drugs just as long as some of the money trickles back down yourway.

If you want an answer to that question I'm afraid you'll have to provide some sort of proof that the CIA is selling drugs to kids.

edit: added a forgotten word

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Off topic post - methinks you and she would get along greatly.

Truly a woman to walk beside a man.

Not behind him.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
feel free to quote where i use the word hate jenna.

google iran contra .. only the venues have changed jenna.

look i will make it easier for you ive been married to the same old bag for 32 years i think.

the story was just that .. including the slap bait.

now we manx we dont like to take sides .. we pretty neutral.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Jenna

Not behind him.

hey dooper be sure to let us know when she finds one wont ya.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Typo on my part.

As I said before, humor doesn't come across well in print. And now that several people have pointed out that slapping your wife around isn't acceptable you say it was just a story. What else are you going to say was just a story?

And where is your proof that the CIA is selling drugs to children?

Not behind him.

My hubby and I have decided I wouldn't last long in a country that expected me to walk behind anyone. Have too many opinions and I'm not quiet about it.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

That was a very good shot! Star for you.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

So who are we trading arms to for hostages now, and what does that have to do with the CIA selling drugs to kids?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

That was a very good shot! Star for you.

my first one ta.

your growing on me lad.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

So who are we trading arms to for hostages now, and what does that have to do with the CIA selling drugs to kids?

please feel free to do alittle research before getting back to me.

i will gladly steer you in the right direction tho as its far too complex otherwise.

you could start with their banking laundering front .. or one of them atleast BCCI.

or if you would rather view than read a mike ruppert presentation will get you on the right track.
video.google.com...#

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

please feel free to do alittle research before getting back to me.

i will gladly steer you in the right direction tho as its far too complex otherwise.

you could start with their banking laundering front .. or one of them atleast BCCI.

or if you would rather view than read a mike ruppert presentation will get you on the right track.
video.google.com...#

once you start digging jenna you will find it very disturbing and indeed it may very well damage your perception of your cotton candy life.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join