It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What gives the US special status?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Obviously they've just chosen the small handful who answered wrong.

That's the point. The video that had American's being asked questions was used to make it seem like the entire country is full of nothing but idiots. They cherry picked the people who answered wrong. It's the same with this video. That would be why the text at the beginning of that video points out that a few people answering incorrectly doesn't make an entire country stupid.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I'm pretty impressed by the way Slayer69 pointed out the chauvenism inherent in the first video posted... then Kram09 jumped right in there to prove Slayer69's point.

Way to go, Kram09.

That's some impressive teamwork.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sharps
And C'MON nobody EVER calls the US in to sort out a problem somewhere. The US government can't wait to poke its beak in. It sees an opportunity to further its global corporative agenda and manufactures some false flag operation to get boots on the ground. We've never asked you to be the global police, you're the last people that should have that role. Just look at what your government does to you. Anyone who thinks America's foreign policy makes the world a happier safer place is delusional and should join up with the 1.4 million US military personnel currently abroad.
And you say that we "ride the short bus"? You are clearly ignorant when it comes to world affairs. The United States is routinely called upon to aid in disaster relief (the tsunami in S.E. Asia, for example) and to negotiate disputes (Honduras), among other things. To allege that we are never called upon or asked for help is a flat-out lie, and you know it. As an American, I will freely admit that there are times when we stick our nose where we shouldn't, but this is often done with the best of intentions. When we intervene, the world often complains. And when we don't intervene, the world often complains. We just cannot win. And it's because of ignorant individuals like yourself. Just look at your post as an example. You talk down to an entire country's population because you disagree with its foreign policy. Well, I happen to disagree with a lot of Iranian and North Korean foreign policy, but you will never see me accuse their populace of being mentally retarded. That would make me an ignorant, and extremely arrogant, fool much like yourself.

And if you really think that US foreign policy hasn't made the world a safer place, then you're more clueless than I thought. Can your little mind even comprehend what this world would be like had we not defeated Nazism, Communism and Totalitarianism over the last century? Do you know how many brave Americans gave their lives and limbs so that dopes like yourself could be free? Your arrogance is an insult to all who have sacrificed, as well as their families, for the sake of people like you who they would never even meet or know. That's the kind of selflessness and bravery that a shady individual like yourself will never know. The sad part is that most, if not all, of these brave individuals would do the same thing all over again even knowing that a tool like you would one day live in this free world and have the right to say the offensive and moronic things you say. The ATS Terms of Service prohibit me from truly expressing what an ******* you really are. Next time, crack open a few history books before you post something that allows you to make a complete fool of yourself.

Originally posted by sharps
I am really gutted that I will probably never get to set foot on US soil again.
Well we're certainly not! In fact, on behalf of the people of the United States of America, I implore you to never return. Someone as ignorant and arrogant as yourself does not deserve to enjoy all that this great nation has to offer. Please stay wherever you are, and should some horrible disaster or war befall your country, I pray that you hypocritically call on the United States to come and help.

The fact that your post wasn't removed by the Moderators is extremely disappointing. What you said about our country and its people is insulting and inflammatory, at the very least. But it did serve one good purpose, and that was to unveil to all who read it the fact that you're a moronic troll who is jealous of America's role in the world.

BTW... "corporative" isn't a word. If you're going to accuse 300+ million people of being mentally retarded, then at the very least you should use words that actually exist

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Rasputin13]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sharps

Right! After all that let me say I still love the USA, It's a fantastic country for all sorts of reasons not least the people, the country land and scenery, the big attractions, the cities, Frisco, Vegas, NY the pizzas, the keg parties. I used to live in the US. Two of my best friends live in the states. I am really gutted that I will probably never get to set foot on US soil again.

Funny how you criticize the US, but then go on to confess your love for her.You act as though the US is one sided. You forget to mention that every time the US gets involved, there are many other countries who are eagerly waiting to benefit from the actions they criticize.

America may yet win the war in Iraq, but France, which bitterly opposed the war, looks set to win the contracts. Foreign investment in Iraq rose 1,500 percent as stability returned last year, but U.S. firms are "negligible players," says a report from Dunia Frontier Consultants of Dubai. The French are likely to emerge the big winners from the West, building on political links that date to the era of Saddam Hussein, when France built much of the infrastructure that now needs replacing.

www.newsweek.com...

Because so many of you have no idea that there are good and valid societal alternatives to what you have at present. It's not just corporatism versus communism, theres an absolutely massive area in between.

This is where you are wrong. We do have an idea. We just prefer our way over all the other ways.

And C'MON nobody EVER calls the US in to sort out a problem somewhere.

Ask Saudi Arabia who they invited in in 1990? Ask the world if they had a problem with the US intervening in the Kosovo/Yugoslavia mess? Ask Taiwan if they want our help? Ask Darfur if they want our help?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by sharps

Right! After all that let me say I still love the USA, It's a fantastic country for all sorts of reasons not least the people, the country land and scenery, the big attractions, the cities, Frisco, Vegas, NY the pizzas, the keg parties. I used to live in the US. Two of my best friends live in the states. I am really gutted that I will probably never get to set foot on US soil again.

Funny how you criticize the US, but then go on to confess your love for her.You act as though the US is one sided. You forget to mention that every time the US gets involved, there are many other countries who are eagerly waiting to benefit from the actions they criticize.

America may yet win the war in Iraq, but France, which bitterly opposed the war, looks set to win the contracts. Foreign investment in Iraq rose 1,500 percent as stability returned last year, but U.S. firms are "negligible players," says a report from Dunia Frontier Consultants of Dubai. The French are likely to emerge the big winners from the West, building on political links that date to the era of Saddam Hussein, when France built much of the infrastructure that now needs replacing.

www.newsweek.com...

Because so many of you have no idea that there are good and valid societal alternatives to what you have at present. It's not just corporatism versus communism, theres an absolutely massive area in between.

This is where you are wrong. We do have an idea. We just prefer our way over all the other ways.

And C'MON nobody EVER calls the US in to sort out a problem somewhere.

Ask Saudi Arabia who they invited in in 1990? Ask the world if they had a problem with the US intervening in the Kosovo/Yugoslavia mess? Ask Taiwan if they want our help? Ask Darfur if they want our help?

how very noble of you .. when its your own drug dealing money laundering C.I.A. who are the main cause of rescource rich countries problems to start with .. what about rescource poor countries..??

be a very short list indeed .. not the list of poor countries youve promised to help with a fanfare of publicity as your promises are not worth the paper they are written on .. but the ACTUAL poor places you have aided no strings attached places like zimbabwe when mugabes opposition implored you for help etc. etc.

and you dont choose to live the way you live .. you are sold an illusion .. the american populace are powless to change anything they dont like .. prove me wrong what legislation have any of you been able to change or block .. bush and his masters royally screwed you .. how have the people fought back.

by annonamously ranting on forums.

they steal by the trillion now not the billion anymore and how do you stop them .. by ranting on a forum .. well atleast a few of you can actually see whats becoming of a once noble constitution so theres always hope.

but your arrogance as a people is constantly being re-eforced by your media .. which in turn blinds you to criticism .. critism then puts you on the defensive .. and bingo your playing uncle sams game god bless america.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by manxman2]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think it's odd that no one has mentioned that we live in a very small sliver of time in human history where morality and war are trying to be combined. There has never been another time in 'civilized' human history when a victorious nation hasn't, from then on, ruled over the losers, at least until the victors themselves are toppled.

I'm saddened to see such blind ignorance against America, pretending that we're not responsible for the relative stability of most of the world today. Why is it that America is always blamed? We either get blamed for putting our nose where it doesn't belong or taking too passive a stance on a situation, while Europe sits on a pedestal pointing at us saying we've done wrong while they don't even try.

Face it, America isn't perfect, but we're still responsible for more good than any European country can even pretend to be attempting to match.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I was responding in kind to another poster.

If you're going to live in Australia, you really should improve your English comprehension skills, so you don't go barking up the wrong tree.

It's not about inventions.

Read the post I was responding to, and then read mine.

I wasn't talking to you.

If I need you, I'll reach around and scratch.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by manxman2
by annonamously ranting on forums.

Isn't that what you're doing? Anonymously ranting on a forum? I have to wonder how you know what any of us do when we're not posting here. For all you know there could be posters in this thread who are actively trying to change our country.

Edit: quote tags

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by manxman2

but your arrogance as a people is constantly being re-eforced by your media .. which in turn blinds you to criticism .. critism then puts you on the defensive .. and bingo your playing uncle sams game god bless america.

Yea, blame the CIA, blame our media, blame our politicians, blame our President, blame America. It all has the same theme line.

While your busy blaming the US, why don't you point out the leadership role that Asia, Europe, and the rest of the world has played in helping those poor nations you say we ignore? Show me how much aid without strings the rest of the world provide.

Our arrogance arises from people who want to slam America for butting in, yet criticizes America when we don't butt in.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It's like most things.

You've got people who can, and those who can't.

Those who can't don't like the way those who can, do.

So they complain, criticize, belly-ache, bitch, whine, deride, murmur, protest, and find fault at every opportunity.

Yet when you offer to let them take a swing at it, they can't even pick up the load, much less carry it.

That makes them even madder, and more frustrated, which feeds their circle of whining.

Hey.

If you don't like the US doing something - get your own nation in there and you try it.

If you don't like the WAY the US is doing something, get in there and do it the right way.

But if you can't - or won't - then just please, sit back down and shut up.

Because the next time you find your butt in a crack, we just might decide you know how to do things so well, that we should let you handle it.

We can't help it here in the US.

We are special.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Okay then, many of us don't like the way the U.S government is running your country.

Seen as none of you can or won't do anything about it, please can we come and sort the mess out for you?

Or maybe seen as your all fantastic you can sort it all out yourselves.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Yea, blame the CIA, blame our media, blame our politicians, blame our President, blame America. It all has the same theme line.

While your busy blaming the US, why don't you point out the leadership role that Asia, Europe, and the rest of the world has played in helping those poor nations you say we ignore? Show me how much aid without strings the rest of the world provide.

Our arrogance arises from people who want to slam America for butting in, yet criticizes America when we don't butt in.

you wont find many europeans that hate americans .. not white europeans anyway.

you will find an overwhelming majoririty dispise america and that will be due to her actions not her people.

i didnt even hate the guy than ran off with my first wife.
i didnt like him for it mind.
once i got over feeling inadequate about it i re-alised i had already had the best years out of her and he had done me a favour.
so i got a 10 younger model and rode that for the next 25 years.
and i didnt have to slap her about like the first either she knows her place.

see theres a moral in there .. you yanks need to know your place as it will eventually save you from our european alliance having to slap you about abit sooner or later its envitable..

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Was the man who ran off with your first wife American?

If so that explains a lot about your posts. No offense intended.

But i was about to ask whether you had some bad personal experience with an American.

If i am mistaken then i apologise.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
your american arent you kramm.

link   

Wow slapping women about?

You sound like a great guy....my respect for your posts has just suddenly gone wayyyy down.

link   

No sir i am not.

But all i will say is i am not American.

[edit on 11/10/09 by Kram09]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

you yanks need to know your place as it will eventually save you from our european alliance having to slap you about abit sooner or later its envitable..

If the European alliance feels the need to slap us into our place, so be it.

I just want to warn them that it won't be so easy as you slapping your wives in place.

so i got a 10 younger model and rode that for the next 25 years.
and i didnt have to slap her about like the first either she knows her place.

You have nerves to talk about morals considering the morals you display upon your wives.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Kram, we really, honestly, truthfully, and sincerely, don't give a fuzzy rat's ass whether you like our government or not.

It's not important what you think of our government.

It's only important what WE think of our government.

And I think it sucks.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
its called extracting the urine kram.

how anyone can call a system they live under the best in the world .. when that system openly acknowledges that there security services are the largest drug runners and money airers on the planet and do nothing whatsoever about it.
tolerating the problems caused to them by it but turning a blind eye so it could carry on for 3 decades or more .. why because its america man god bless america more importantly her freedoms.

especially the governments freedom to do virtually what they like to americans with impunity 911 anyone.

any of you ranters here would be labelled a terrorist is speaking in public thats how free you are.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

jam, there's a bit of a joke around here about how men treat their women.

The question is, "what do you tell a woman with two black eyes?"

Nothing. You done told her twice.

I like the way Sean Connery answered that subject when questioned about it by Barbara Waters.

Classic.

Absolutely classic.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join