It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What gives the US special status?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
atleast google a second time rather than repeat your mistake over again.

heres a clue tynwald.

then try the governors duties.

we pay the brits a pitance to use their embassies and thats it.

and no-one asked me if i wanted to donate to their embassies either mind .. the only difference between government here and anywhere else are the figures squandered and the corruption is just as rife in government here as anywhere else the masons rule ,, simple as that only the amounts of money differ .. still millions just not billions as in the states.

by theway did cheney ever find that 2.5 trillion he mislaid..??

or was that forgotten about after that fortuitous event of the airliner crashing into the newly set up accounting department that was investigating it in the pentagon.

you people only have to look at your tv screens to see whats rotten too the core about america as a nation.

The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer.
Henry Kissinger, New York Times, Oct. 28, 1973

not much longer henry .. not once you have a regime as corrupt as you are part of.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by manxman2]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by manxman2

You don't really think Cheney mislaid those trillions, do you?

Remember the B2?

You won't believe what we have now.

We're saving it for now.

Going to be a surprise.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
yes i think he just made a mistake tallying the check book.

to ere is human you know besides in his defense he isnt an accountant.

the sooner the bushes chenney kissenger blair et al are up infront of a war crimes tribunal the better as far as this poster is concerned.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Why does the USA have special status?

You don't we just let you think you do

Why the special status?

It's because you're special ed and ride on the short bus. Apparently over 40% of Americans don't know how long it takes the Earth to travel around the sun! And a higher percentage can not explain why the sky is blue.

Why the special status?

Because as a country you're still in early childhood. You want to possess and control every toy in the play room. Woe betide anyone who brings their own toys to the party because the US will make whatever promises are needed to possess these new toys. Then they'll renage on whatever deal was done and screw over everone else.

Why the Special status?

Because of a lot of the insular, ignorant, naive, ill informed, and poorly thought out posts on this thread.

Because these posts reveal how little so many of you understand how the world works.

Because so many of you have no idea that there are good and valid societal alternatives to what you have at present. It's not just corporatism versus communism, theres an absolutely massive area in between.

And C'MON nobody EVER calls the US in to sort out a problem somewhere. The US government can't wait to poke its beak in. It sees an opportunity to further its global corporative agenda and manufactures some false flag operation to get boots on the ground. We've never asked you to be the global police, you're the last people that should have that role. Just look at what your government does to you. Anyone who thinks America's foreign policy makes the world a happier safer place is delusional and should join up with the 1.4 million US military personnel currently abroad.

Here's a list and discussion of the countries USA has invaded/attacked in the last 100+ years. The USA is THE most agressive warmongering nation this planet has ever seen, yes EVER.

academic.evergreen.edu...

Right! After all that let me say I still love the USA, It's a fantastic country for all sorts of reasons not least the people, the country land and scenery, the big attractions, the cities, Frisco, Vegas, NY the pizzas, the keg parties. I used to live in the US. Two of my best friends live in the states. I am really gutted that I will probably never get to set foot on US soil again.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sharps

Wow. After that rant, and reading all those interventions, boy, do I feel bad. I think you're right. We should have just left you to your own devices. After seeing all the bloodbaths we've interfered in on your list, I've come to the conclusion that had we not interfered and kept your world liveable, you'd have long ago exterminated each other.

We could have owned the entire world by now, if we'd just left you all alone to kill each other off.

we're really tired of being the world police. We wish you'd just develop the ability to look after yourselves.

Edit: I HAD to change my sig, just for you. Do ya feel "special" now?

[edit on 2009/10/11 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sharps

Why does the US have special status?

Because we can drive ourselves where we want, when we want, in what we want, to do what we want.

Why the special status?

Because the homelands of our ancestors are used up, falling apart, old, tired, locked into a spiral of degredation, and are only skeletons of what they once were.

We in the US bring our own toys because we built them, we can afford them, and they're so good, that other nations buy our best toys, i.e. F-35.

Why the special status?

Because others are tired, worn out, used up, jealous, infested with non-compatable foreign cultures, artificially indignant, narrow-minded, on their last legs, and have no real argument in this thread.

We may not know how the world works, but we didn't rapidly lose some 40-odd colonies, territories, and commonwealth nations as some have, which would indicate they REALLY don't have a clue.

Why the special status?

Older, used-up, bankrupt, socially deteriorated nations don't call us for help as it's embarrassing to have to turn to their younger cousins who have done so much better, especially since they were the ones who left the old countries.

Because they FORCED us to be the global police TWICE when they were about to be overrun by other nations, when at the time we were perfectly comfortable to sit them out and stay home.

We would have - except for the pleading.

And of course everyone loves us.

Just to know us is to love us.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sharps

And C'MON nobody EVER calls the US in to sort out a problem somewhere.

Except for WWI and WWII and many other conflicts the US didn't want to get involved in!

And when practically the entire Western World was beaten, starved, devastated and begging after WWII the US came to their aid with the Marshall Plan to revive their people and their economies. 12.7 billion was transfered to various nations. The intent was a loan but much of the money was never repaid.

The Marshall Plan has much to do with why the US is in the position it's in today. The world owes a great debt to the US for what was done in 1947.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The thing about threads like this is that it will go nowhere - the Americans tend to swarm all over threads critical of them like ants blindly protecting their nest - and brand the OP a USA-hater, even when he/she actually IS American.

There are a few facts which American's refuse to accept - even if it's written on a big neon sign flashing above our heads:

1. The rest of the world does not want you policing us. PERIOD. You can excuse, deflect and make up patriotic rants all you want but NOTHING can change this fact. Nobody cares that you saved this country or that - many countries have also saved YOUR asses yet we don't stomp around with our chests out declaring that to everyone and anyone who can hear.

2. WE DON'T CARE that you have invented this or come up with a breakthrough for that - so have many other countries, and again we don't stomp around, chests out, declaring it as if we should bow down and worship you for it.

It's the ATTITUDES you guys take that annoys the people of the rest of the world. The whole "AMERICA - F*** YEAH" attitude, the "we can do no wrong" attitude, the "well if we hadn't have done this then you would have been invaded" attitude - WE DON'T CARE. Stop telling us about these things like we should be washing your feet and making you into a God for it. Have you not noticed an Aussie or Pole or Ukrainian or a Brit or whoever rolling their eyes at you when you get all puffed up like that? TAKE THE HINT.

[edit on 11/10/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by sharps

Why does the US have special status?

Because we can drive ourselves where we want, when we want, in what we want, to do what we want.

Are you kidding me? I am in Australia and last time I checked I can do that too - go wherever I want, when I want, in what I want and do what I want. Also, last time I checked, so can the majority of the countries in the Western world, in fact the world as a whole. You should really get out more.

Why the special status?

Because the homelands of our ancestors are used up, falling apart, old, tired, locked into a spiral of degredation, and are only skeletons of what they once were.

We in the US bring our own toys because we built them, we can afford them, and they're so good, that other nations buy our best toys, i.e. F-35.

LOL. So the atrocities committed in your country in the last 400 years are to be ignored when they don't fit your argument? Typical really.

So the US is the only country that builds good "toys" eh? Lets have a look at some of the " toys" another country, not the US, has built - I'll use Australia as this example but you can find info from any country in the world if you look (PS the list was too long to paste in this post so I picked some of the better known ones....)

inventors.com...

1843 Grain stripper - John Ridley and John Bull of South Australia developed the world's first grain stripper that cut the crop then removed and placed the grain into bins.

1856 Refrigerator - Using the principal of vapour compression, James Harrison produced the world's first practical refrigerator. He was commissioned by a brewery to build a machine that cooled beer.

1858 Football - In 1858 Tom Will and Henry Harrison wrote the first ten rules of Football, thus becoming the first people in the world to codify a kicking-ball game. These rules predate those of Rugby, Soccer and Gridiron. Football may have been inspired by the Aboriginal jumping/kicking game of Marn Grook.

1874 The underwater torpedo - Invented by Louis Brennan, the torpedo had two propellers, rotated by wires which were attached to winding engines on the shore station. By varying the speed at which the two wires were extracted, the torpedo could be steered to the left or right by an operator on the shore.

1879 Refrigeration - Credited with the manufacture of the first artificial ice, Eugene Nicolle and Thomas Sutcliffe Mort developed shipboard refrigeration that resulted in the export of meat from Australia to Great Britain.

1900s - The 'Australian Crawl' - For most of human history, humans didn't know how to swim effectively. In the 1900s, Australians invented the Australian Crawl that has since become known as 'overarm' or 'freestyle' swimming stroke.

1902 Notepad -For 500 years, paper had been supplied in loose sheets. J A Birchall decided that it would be a good idea to cut the sheets into half, back them with cardboard and glue them together at the top.

1912 The tank - A South Australian named Lance de Mole submitted a proposal, to the British War Office, for a 'chain-rail vehicle which could be easily steered and carry heavy loads over rough ground and trenches'. The British war office liked the idea but then developed the tank themselves without paying royalties.

1917 Aspro - A pain reliever based on aspirin was developed in Melbourne by George Nicholas. By 1940 it had become the world's most widely used headache and pain treatment.

1930s - Nuclear Fusion - In the early 20th century, Mark Oliphant worked on the artificial disintegration of the atomic nucleus and positive ions, and designed complex particle accelerators. He discovered helium 3 and tritium, and also discovered that heavy hydrogen nuclei could be made to react with each other. This fusion reaction formed the basis of a hydrogen bomb.

1944 Antibiotic penicillin- Produced by Howard Florey with help from a Pome named Ernst Chain.

1958 Black box flight recorder - The 'black box' voice and instrument data recorder was invented by Dr David Warren in Melbourne.

1961 Ultrasound - David Robinson and George Kossoff's work at the Australian Department of Health, resulted in the first commercially practical water path ultrasonic scanner in 1961.

1965 Inflatable escape slide - The inflatable aircraft escape slide which doubles as a raft was invented by Jack Grant of Qantas.

1965 Wine cask -Invented by Thomas Angrove, the wine cask is a cardboard box housing a plastic container which collapses as the wine is drawn off, thus preventing contact with air.

1979 Bionic ear - The cochlear implant was invented by Professor Graeme Clark of the University of Melbourne.

1984 Baby Safety Capsule - Babies in a car crash used to bounce around like a soccer ball. In 1984, for the first time babies had a harness for their safe transportation in cars.

1992 Supersonic combustion - The University of Queensland demonstrated the world's first supersonic combustion in an atmospheric flight test at Woomera on July 30, 2002. The craft reached speeds of more than Mach 8, or 8 times the speed of sound.

1993 Scramjet - The University of Queensland reported for the first time the development of a scramjet that achieved more thrust than drag.

1995 - Jindalee Radar System - The United States of America spent $11 billion developing an aeroplane that could not be detected by radar. Scientists at the CSIRO then concluded that if the plane could not be detected, perhaps the turbulance it makes passing through air could be. $1.5 million later, the Jindalee Radar system had transformed the stealth bomber into nothing more than an unusual looking aircraft.

Hyshot Scramjet Engine - a very high speed air-breathing jet engine currently in the testing stage developed by a team from the University of Queensland led by Professor Allan Paull. In June 2007, it was successfully used to boost a test vehicle to hypersonic speeds.

So, as you can see America, nor the rest of the world for that matter, would not be where it is today without things that ANOTHER COUNTRY OTHER THAN THE US invented. Where would you be without grain strippers? Quite hungry I would imagine. Remember us Aussies next time you grab a bite to eat from your fridge., or see your navy fire a torpedo. Next time you go for a swim, remember that someone else not American invented the most commonly used swimming style. Next time you see one of your precious "toys" flying at supersonic speeds, remember that the propulsion for that wouldn't be possible without a foreigner's help, nor would the deaf be able to hear - you can thank a foreigner for the fact your grandmother can actually hear you. Flight crash data would not be possible without a foreigners invention of the Black Box, and you and your wife/husband/partner would never be able to see your baby and check it's health before it was born without the inventive mind of a foreigner. Where would your armed forces be without tanks?

There are many many more examples on that web page of inventions and "toys" NOT made in or by Americans that have literally changed our way of doing things and our way of life. Please, before you be so arrogant as to claim that America is special because you build and invent all the good "toys", check your bloody facts.

Why the special status?

Because others are tired, worn out, used up, jealous, infested with non-compatable foreign cultures, artificially indignant, narrow-minded, on their last legs, and have no real argument in this thread.

We may not know how the world works, but we didn't rapidly lose some 40-odd colonies, territories, and commonwealth nations as some have, which would indicate they REALLY don't have a clue.

That is simply the most arrogant, ignorant, close-minded and stupid statement I have ever seen made by an American about the rest of the world. You are completely clueless as to what exists past your own borders.

Why the special status?

Older, used-up, bankrupt, socially deteriorated nations don't call us for help as it's embarrassing to have to turn to their younger cousins who have done so much better, especially since they were the ones who left the old countries.

Used up, socially deteriorated? Have you ever been to ANY of these countries you speak of? I am sure the Brits would have something nasty to say to you about that, or anyone in Europe or Africa for that matter. You get more ignorant and close-minded with every word I read of your arrogant posts...

Because they FORCED us to be the global police TWICE when they were about to be overrun by other nations, when at the time we were perfectly comfortable to sit them out and stay home.

You wouldn't have helped unless there was something in it for you, whether that be money or power or something similar. Don't give me that ignorant crap that you did it because you are nice people - that is not ignorant that is an outright lie.

And the part about the world police, well - I don't know how many times you have to be told by THE REST OF THE WORLD that you aren't wanted to police us, yet you still fight back with patriotic crap and ignorant nonsense. GET THE HINT.

And of course everyone loves us.
Just to know us is to love us.

Newsflash: Whenever someone from another country other than the US sees an American spouting off about how good America is, how you are the best and are so special, I advise you to look at their eyes rolling - and no it's not something in their eye.

[edit on 11/10/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I couldn't agree more with your post.

The idea that America "polices" the world is a complete and utter joke.

Americans just say it to makes themselves feel better and to somehow justify their interference in world affairs where it isn't wanted, while upon closer scrutiny the idea of being world policemen doesn't stand up.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Every country has special status,every country brings their own uniqueness...United states may be good at winning wars (but is that because it knows no boundaries?)and mainstream film but why would that mean it has special status?You think the United States is the best, i think the United Kingdom is the best, which c'mon it blatently is-the arts,the cult films,music and comedy! and Borat thinks Kazakhstan is the best..Whatever country you are from you will think its the best...! but to keep you guys happy...okay..yes you do have special status

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
atleast listening/reading these americans views shows us one thing loud and clear .. and that is .. how its so easy for their security services, their alphabet agencies to remain the worlds largest killing machine whilst remaining the worlds largest drug runners[billion dollar deliveries by herculese] and money launders .. but we will just skip over that little detail .. but how anyone can be proud about that is beyond me.

ive found it funny for years the demonisation of russia by them .. whilst slowly but surely they have been corraled in .. slowly entwinned by legislation until the coupe de grace of 911 .. how could anyone think modern russia was worse than that .. i think dooper is baiting us to an extent, however it just shows the rest of the world how unimportant we are to even your average joe never mind tptb.

if it aint on tv it doesnt happen its just a conspiracy against america
god bless america the home of truth and enlightenment.

the kind of enlightenment that lets them kill joes kids with streets awash with hard drugs and machine guns.

america the land of the free .. free that is if you pick very very seriously the streets you walk on as one wrong turn could mean death in a country that has well over 50% of the worlds most deadly streets to walk on.

keep watching tv for your views on the outside world folks they will make sure you never see the sight of kids lying with their entrails hanging out in a street that your hero flyboys have just levelled from a safe distance to make it easier for the 100,000 uniformed peace advisers on the ground to negotiate with the locals ..

the funniest line to ever come out of america is !!the land of the free!!

as dooper says free to go where he wants .. when he wants .. how he wants.

what he doesnt say is free to go where he wants as long as its safe .. when he wants just as long as it isnt during his 60 hour working week .. how he wants just as llong as its big and butch.

and thats only on home soil
on foriegn soil its.

go where he wants in the world .. sure he can .. however he wouldnt ever be seen again if he visited atleast a third of the globe.
when he wants .. sure .. when he goes makes no difference a third
of the world will still want to kill him simply because he is american only the geographic locations change over the years.

how he wants .. sure .. going .. just that if its to the wrong place returning will be in a pine overcoat.

god bless america

[edit on 11-10-2009 by manxman2]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Invention: Mechanical Reaper in 1831.

Function: noun / reap-er
Definition: A horse drawn mechanical machine used for harvesting grain or other small crops. Designed to cut down wheat much more quickly and more efficiently.
Patent: X8277 (US) Patent issued June 21, 1834

Inventor: Cyrus Hall McCormick

Criteria; First to patent. Entrepreneur
Birth: Feb 15 1809 in Rockbridge County, Virginia
Death: May 13 1884
Nationality: American

Sorry couldnt resist the pissing contest!

PS dooper you have to understand they dont understand sarcasm in other countries guy they cant tell when were serious!

[edit on 10/11/09 by dragonridr]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

In regards to sarcasm i think many non-Americans would say it is the other way around.

But then again it can be difficult to tell if someone is being sarcastic over the internet.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
man thats even funnier yanks talking about non yanks not understanding humour.

which would you guys think is most popular to other cultures.
american football for an hour or a yank comedian.

it would be football and that sucks b0ll0cks.

or put anotherway .. why when your tv producers buy - in a british commedy series .. they only buy the rights to produce it themselves instead of just buying the ready made series..??

clue
it has too be simplified for you yanks as the humour/sarcasm is too deep and you just wouldnt get it.

the genuinely funny american commedian/s whose humour does travel are few and far between and their humour is based on a wider variety of subjects and not the insular dumbed down material your mainstream dumbed nation understands.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

alittle humour that may enlighten you too how america is seen.

the parts where the audience laugh are the funny bits.
[thats sarcasm]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
as members can see , more proof that 'manifest destiny' is true colour of USa and that they believe gives them power to rule,rape andd murder millions of innocent people

hopefully, Russia will put a end to democidal satanic american menace and free the world from the clutches of the satanic evil 'USA' or 'throne of satan'=US empire

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by manxman2

Haha thats a funny video, but true at the same time.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AalphaA

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Those videos, as their titles suggests are stupid.

How many people who they asked answered correctly?

Obviously they've just chosen the small handful who answered wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join