It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What gives the US special status?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

That gray-haired little old lady who turned her nose up and walked away when she found out you were American?

Likely given a high, hard one during the war by an American soldier, and contrary to his promise, he never returned.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

In fact, just between us, that's the exact same reason I don't open my door to women I don't readily recognize.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
or maybe she just remembered how much you actually helped us out and how hard she had to work for the rest of her life to repay you for your generosity.

we dont have any natural rescources for you to steal thats why you have never heard of us here on the island.

were we sitting on 20 years worth of oil you would have thats a racing certainty.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by manxman2]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by manxman2

I'm sure that BP would be all over that.

And I don't have a damn clue about this debt thing you're talking about.

Did you borrow some money?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
and thats just it you really do have no idea.

thats because you live in your bubbles of self delusion.

i can understand your urge to shoot the messenger as the message is delivered as is, without the sugar coating you people are so used to it must actually seem rude .. thats because again you never actually take in others opinion as ultimately you dont care you placate or attack rather god forbid you look inwards.

and just every now and then you wonder for a second or 2 .. it makes you think .. thinking disturbs you .. so you retreat back to your security blanket of america the land of the free the land of plenty.
not daring to even contemplate why the other 95% of the planets population might find it offensive that the 5% that live in your country think its only fair you use a disproportunate % of the worlds rescource .. and if we wont sell you our rescources at a price YOU can live with .. you will just destabilise and rape the country concerned regardless and spout some bulls# excuse for the history books .. then apologise 100 years later because its the moral thing to do. .. after 2 or 3 million no bodies have died during your pilaging of another country.

you are inherently a selfish people by action so if you want to shoot the messenger go right a. its water of a ducks back to me as i live outside of your bubbles.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Hey, if you want to burn more gasoline, don't let anything but funding stop you.

You want an all steel house? Knock yourself out.

You can get whatever you want, and no one in the US will say diddly squat.

Last weekend, I took the Ferrari out, filled it with Premium fuel, and ran the living **** out of it.

It was FUN.

With the Spyder, you can hear that powerful, fuel-eating, thrumming engine right behind you, and it will scream. I only got it up to 110mph, but cops were really out that day.

Two weeks ago, we took out my nephew's big Sport fisherman, and it cost some $1,120 to fill it up for the day's fishing.

I don't tell you how to live, I don't care how you live, and it's none of your business what we consume, how we live, or how often we do things.

I'm leaving to go cross country in a few weeks, and I'll likely use my brother's King Air.

You tend your sheep, and we'll tend ours.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by manxman2

you are inherently a selfish people by action so if you want to shoot the messenger go right a. its water of a ducks back to me as i live outside of your bubbles.

as do you, on a tiny british governed island nonetheless....how fitting

[edit on 10/10/2009 by Remixtup]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Hey everyone look at this guy, he has a ferrari and his brother has his own private jet!

And?

Seriously what was this thread about again?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
no i didnt think for one minute you would stop to think how many iraqi childrens lives fuelling the boat and cars for a year has cost.

you sound almost proud of the fact you waste so much that has cost so much in real terms to real people.

are you still wondering why americans are dispised around the world.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Remixtup

Originally posted by manxman2

as do you, on a tiny british governed island nonetheless....how fitting

[edit on 10/10/2009 by Remixtup]

clueless.

british governed you reckon

try a thousand years of self rule my friend.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

We have someone whining about what we in the US NEED.

I have a 427 Corvette in the shop. It gets about 8 miles to the gallon.

I don't NEED it.

But I WANT it.

And how I spend my time, my money, or my resources is nobody's damned business.

The desire for social or economic unfortunates to criticize those who maybe busted their asses to get some things that are nice to have is complete BS.

You want to bust your ass, spend years of your life to get an advanced education, work 12-16 hours a day to succeed, you sure don't have a lot of patience to listen to a bunch of whiney-babies who maybe didn't put forth much effort, and feel sorry for themselves.

Consumption!

It's all relative, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by dooper

Hey everyone look at this guy, he has a ferrari and his brother has his own private jet!

And?

Seriously what was this thread about again?

an american asking for an inward look at america.

which he is getting.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Our 50,000 nukes do.
Sorry to say, but that's the way it goes.
Enjoy.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by Kram09

We have someone whining about what we in the US NEED.

I have a 427 Corvette in the shop. It gets about 8 miles to the gallon.

I don't NEED it.

But I WANT it.

And how I spend my time, my money, or my resources is nobody's damned business.

The desire for social or economic unfortunates to criticize those who maybe busted their asses to get some things that are nice to have is complete BS.

You want to bust your ass, spend years of your life to get an advanced education, work 12-16 hours a day to succeed, you sure don't have a lot of patience to listen to a bunch of whiney-babies who maybe didn't put forth much effort, and feel sorry for themselves.

Consumption!

It's all relative, isn't it?

in your case your waste only partially exceeds the excrement that you produce.

have you anything constructive to say or are you determined
to keep on trying to derail the thread with your obvious baiting.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

My driving habits and fishing habits did not take one, single, Iraqi child's life.

Their lives are currently being expended by their father's religion. It's a religious war that's been going on since Muhammed died.

Take it up with those who are responsible.

Besides.

The US provides almost half of it's own fuel. So, I can always say I burned American fuel!

Doesn't that just piss you off!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
America stinks.

And everyone else knows it except them.

Okay yes a rather immature comment.

Sure many Americans are brash and arrogant, but others are some of the most hospitable, kind people you'll meet. Judging from my experience's anyway.

It's the American government that gets up everyone's nose and their hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Hey, slick. I was just replying to direct questions and comments.

If you don't like them, quit asking.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Wow you really believe the garbage you've been fed don't you? The people of Iraq are far better off now then under Saddam.Ive talked with Iraqis have you? I spent 18 months helping them to build there society. I killed people trying to stop them oh shock. Do you know who is trying to stop the Iraqis from having freedom to live a life without terrorists trying to kill there kids. Theres 3 countries that share the blame for the problems that remain 1st is Iran yes that poor little country everyone picks on. They ship explosives across the border and teach cowards to use them.Then theres Syria and Saudi Arabia.The problem there dealing with is back wards religions not liking the idea of a democracy in the middle east.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

But do the ends justify the means?

How many deaths does it take to make them "safe"?

Fifty thousand?

Five hundred thousand?

A million?

Just how many people does it take to be slaughtered whether they be terrorists or not, so that the Iraqi people can be safe? Please tell me, because American troops are rapidly giving Saddam a run for his money.

How much American blood and treasure are you willing to expend?

What is it?

Just kill em' all and have done with it?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
you dont get it kram your ordinary joe just blocks the human toll out of his/her mind if indeed it ever crosses their minds at all.

well i am sure they will never be able to thank you enough dragonridr.

you boys will probably make a film about your iraqi heroes now.

a right backslapping ripper that should be.

i can see arnie now leading by example.

the story can start in 92 with arnie saying those immortal words ill be back..

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
clueless.

british governed you reckon

try a thousand years of self rule my friend.

self rule you say? rubbish

POSTING AGAIN The Isle of Man (pronounced /ˈmæn/; Manx: Ellan Vannin,[1] pronounced [ˈɛlʲən ˈvanɪn]), or Mann (Manx: Mannin, [ˈmanɪn]), is a self-governing British Crown dependency, located in the Irish Sea between of the islands of Britain and Ireland. The . of state is Queen Elizabeth II, who holds the title of Lord of Mann. The Crown is represented by a Lieutenant Governor. The island is not part of the United Kingdom but foreign relations, defence, and ultimate good governance of the Isle of Man are the responsibility of the government of the United Kingdom......self rule???? Truly epic lulz

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join