It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What gives the US special status?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by manxman2

probably coz the grass is greener . eee orr eee orr [boom boom assuming a jackass is a donkey] i had already assumed your woman would have 4 legs.

Nah, she's only got 3. Lawnmower accident

guess you didnt bother to read the later posting then heh..??

Yup. Read it. Just don't BELIEVE it.

your reply is just so macho .. yep no doubt about it you guys are so butch .. why didnt you shoot him and save on the divorce costs.

Why waste a bullet when it's not necessary? Also, I'd have had to clean my gun then. That's such a pain, I reserve it for range time.

typical american macho cr@p that makes the world love you even more so.

I should care that "the world" loves me... why? Understand, whether or not the world loves me didn't even make the top 500 on my priority list.

its been noted how well you yanks have avoided eye contact on the cia drugs issue ..
so how can any society claim to be role model to the world that has passively let their security services deal drugs and death on a world wide basis for atleast 3 decades.

CIA drugs issue? I haven't answered because it's a non-issue to me. My time in that area was before Iran-Contra, so I wasn't there for the alleged incident you speak of, so I can't say for 100% certain yeah or nay, but I do know folks who WERE there at the time, and they say there wasn't any drug issue. Apparently, and according to them, they were too busy killing off Sandinistas, and training and equipping Contras, to take time out to sign for any drug shipments.

Now these same people are not NICE people, by ANY stretch of the imagination. Not even YOUR imagination. I do know enough about them to know they've got no reason to lie to me about a piddlin' thing like that, especially considering the things they HAVE told me.

and indeed stood by whilst said security services have murdered real patriots in the d.e.a. and others who have tried to expose them.

Yeah, DEA is a dangerous job. I wouldn't do it. Too little reward in it.

To be quite honest, I don't really give a warm and fuzzy rat's ass about a "drug issue" anyhow. Not my problem how other folks decide to ruin their own lives.

[edit on 2009/10/12 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

im not a brit i am manx .. however our native language is still spoken locally .. i speak english however what is the language you speak again and does that also then make you british.

Shawnee, English, Spanish, Arabic, and a smattering of just a couple others, not enough to be conversational. I've always wanted to pick up enough Irish Gaelic to converse, but never had the opportunity. No, it doesn't make me British, it makes me a mongrel. Aren't ALL of us multigenerational Americans supposed to be mongrels?

I was referring specifically to what a big deal you made out of being a Manx, and how Man was an entirely separate entity, then falling back to a defense of "that's just British humor"

now if i may ask again.

how can any society claim to be role model to the world that has passively let their security services deal drugs and death on a world wide basis for decades.

I believe I've already answered that, just above. I'll only add here that I don't care if the world models itself after the US or not. What's wrong with their own cultures?

[edit on 2009/10/12 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by manxman2

the u.s only did what we would of done had we been in the same position.the u.s is not the u.k.
They made sure their own national interest came first before Britains, and quite right, its what our idiotic leaders should be doing now.And the sceptics still managed to do the right thing and join the fray.They are still an anglo-saxon country and im sure they will always eventually side with their cousins.even if they are a couple of years late

lets stop the criticism before it starts turning into jingoistic chest thumping.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hans kammler

Yeah. We make a lot of mistakes, that's for certain.

But we're trying. We're in there swinging.

We must be the only country in the world with dumbass leaders.

If we could just start over . . .

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
OK, I give up. The ants have swarmed and their opinion has been blanketed over all others. The US DOES deserve "Special" status because of the following:

1. The election, by the people, of the worst political leader in your history,
2. The War for Oil aka Iraq,
3. The collapse of the world economy starting with the US dollar,
4. The deprivation of liberty for your freedom,
5. The destructive political climate that is occurring now that threatens to tear apart your whole country.

Based on those reasons alone, I advocate the US retaining it's "Special" status as I believe they have proven themselves to be reliable in maintaining the reasons mentioned above.

[edit on 13/10/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
self explanetary.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Well that was a bit overly dramatic..

You complain that no one can say anything criticizing the US, but when I point out they can when it's actually valid criticism and not just insults and hate you come back with "the ants are swarming"? There were five posts between yours and only mine was in response to you, so how on earth is that a swarm of anything?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by manxman2

Ok, so a beauty pageant contestant shows she's not the brightest crayon in the box. What's that got to do with anything?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm amazed at some of the stuff I've read in this thread...

The only ones who believe (out of free will?) that the US has any kind of special status are US citizens. Others are forced through war, political bullying or indoctrinated through the media in an attempt to have them adopt that illusion (which appears to be working for some)

Just like the Chinese believe they are superior.... and the Russians think they are.... etc etc...

Special status in an illusion only exisiting in the minds of people who strive for superiority over others or fear of being dominated. Most civilised and educated people stopped caring about that kind of thing a long time ago.

We are all equal. We are all special. Humans and animals and plants alike. We should feel blessed that we get to walk this Earth. It's time everyone adopted that idea and then the world would be a much better place.

Special status.... pfffffft

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
so what exactly are you saying moko .. should we nuke the yanks and then we are all equal .. well atleast japan will be.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

self explanetary.

www.youtube.com...

self explanatory.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
the brits are thick right enough.

the ones we get in general over here are the smarter end of the scale with it all being in the financial sector.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mokoman

The only ones who believe (out of free will?) that the US has any kind of special status are US citizens.

The US does not hold a unique place in the affairs of the world? Not so. You or people like you will be complaining 20 years from now, 50 years from now. Nothing will change. The US is in the position in the world because of history going back to WWI.

Americans didn't want it that way, most still do not accept it still and the world complains, always will.

You might read some history (written from an honest perspective)!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
one day you will re-alise that its only american history.

the rest of the world have been taught the truth.

but your a perfect specimen of your production .. stamped right thru with made in america.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by hans kammler

Yeah. We make a lot of mistakes, that's for certain.

But we're trying. We're in there swinging.

We must be the only country in the world with dumbass leaders.

If we could just start over . . .

I wonder how many stars were given to you by people that didn't understand that you were being sarcastic about the U.S. being the only country in the world with dumbass leaders?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I was doing real good on that one until you blew me out of my gig.

Of course it was tongue-in-cheek. The US with the only dumb leaders?

I still say we deserve special status because of our brilliant, creative, hard-working, good-looking women.

Some will say, "Oh! But Irish women are hot!" I agree.

Or "Italian beauties are hot!" I agree.

Or (fill in the blank.) And I agree.

Here's my point: Here in the US, we are a melting pot. We have citizens from every nation, every point of the compass. You have a preference for long legs/brunettes/blondes/petite/tall/ from any nationality - we got it!

And that should just about end this thread.

Because that is what is known as irrefutable evidence!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

so what exactly are you saying moko .. should we nuke the yanks and then we are all equal .. well atleast japan will be.

The last thing I would want is to nuke anyone, and I apologise if my what I said makes you think that (can't figure out how it would, though)

What I mean is : we should let go of the idea that one country (whatever country it may be) is special and just treat eachother as equal, which I believe we are. No matter what has happened in the past, it's time to move beyond that. We should learn from it and aim to make things better. The way to do that is not by forcing our own values and beliefs on others, but to just respect everyone's way of life.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Pale Ebenezar thought it wrong to fight.

But Roaring Bill, who killed him, thought it right.

We just try to keep a handle on the Roaring Bills.

For the Pale Ebenezars.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by Mokoman

The only ones who believe (out of free will?) that the US has any kind of special status are US citizens.

The US does not hold a unique place in the affairs of the world? Not so. You or people like you will be complaining 20 years from now, 50 years from now. Nothing will change. The US is in the position in the world because of history going back to WWI.

Americans didn't want it that way, most still do not accept it still and the world complains, always will.

You might read some history (written from an honest perspective)!

I'm not complaining about anything, just stating my mind. Though if you really believe that nothing will change then you can't be helped I'm afraid...

One thing unique about US is that it's the only country in the west where the indigenous inhabitants live in fenced reservations. You talk about Americans like it's a race of people. Seems to me like there's enough domestic issues to resolve before involving with foreign afairs... let alone claim to have special status.

It's all about respect.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mokoman

Though if you really believe that nothing will change then you can't be helped I'm afraid...

Oh, there will be lots of changes in 20 years but the overall position and stattus of the US in world affairs won't.

Seems to me like there's enough domestic issues to resolve before involving with foreign afairs...

There will be plenty of domestic issues to deal with then as now. Since when does that prevent the US from involvement in foreign affairs except maybe in your mind?

we should let go of the idea that one country (whatever country it may be) is special and just treat eachother as equal, which I believe we are. No matter what has happened in the past, it's time to move beyond that.

And since when are countries in the world equal? They aren't, get over it. You go ahead and "move beyond that" and the rest of us will face reality!

For example, the UN general council gives equal status to countries but the UN security council gives special privileges to select members.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join