It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the upcoming Tv series "V" preparing us for disclosure?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge
Is Lost preparing us for time travel and complex TV show plots? Was Baywatch preparing us for unrealistically hot lifeguards?

oooh i sure hope sliders was preparing us to leap between dimensions!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hey guys - let's try to stay on topic without resorting to personal attacks.

(With that out of the way....)

I'm actually looking forward to the new interpretation.

Television series aren't really my thing, but I remember how profoundly captivated I was by the original 1980's series when I was younger.

While I doubt it's a premise for "official" disclosure, it will undoubtably have a profound effect on the viewers to take that personal step forward and contemplate the "what if" scenario.

[edit on 10/9/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
no ... I wont even say why, just use your brain and try to understand why a series that shows aliens that look like human but they arent and want to take over the world wouldnt be a good idea for disclosure

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Faiol]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The TOPIC is the upcoming TV show, NOT your fellow member..

Stay on topic please...

Springer.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I don't like the idea of being eaten by a big lizard in a human body at all.

If this is where we are headed I officially surrender (along with the entire country of France of course).

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Looks interesting, may watch the first two episodes since it's been a good while since I've actually sat down and watched TV. If I don't like it after that or so, then I may not watch. Sitting down and watching TV isn't really my thing anymore but I will make exceptions...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocket_Aces
Because as I remember the visitors used the human race as part of their food chain.

They wanted to use us as food stock and grunt soldiers in their wars to conquer the galaxy.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Well, that would be what "portrayed" means, now wouldn't it?

Maybe Wilcock was talking about this show? That way, when it comes on, but no real disclosure happens, he can use it as an excuse.

Edit: Spelling.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by dwiggen]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I got to admit, when I first saw this post I immediately thought it was a retarded idea. Recently however I've been noticing quite a bit of advertising for V. An unusual amount in fact, I am going to do a comparison to other shows but as of now I have done an informal personal survey and V is advertised way more than any other show, including Gray' anatomy.

Now this could add evidence to that point, or it might just mean they wish for people to watch their show. But from what I've seen they are advertising an abnormal amount.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge
Is Lost preparing us for time travel and complex TV show plots? Was Baywatch preparing us for unrealistically hot lifeguards?

Don't you dare crush my dreams.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
A remake of 'V', eh?

I seriously doubt if the new series will be as 'good' as the original but preparing the human race for an encounter with lizard-like aliens?

Next "they'l" be remaking Blakes 7 and that WAS better than 'V' any day!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
reply to post by genma

YES!

And Sponge Bob was a preparation for the Bush administration!

OMG i fell out of my chair on that one. WOOOW

I think V is just going to be another series..... but, yea hoping for disclosure because of a TV series sounds a bit... looney IMO.

I think ET in the 80's was a good time to have disclosure...

BTW this series will mainly air in the USA... why not the rest of the world?

my 2 cents...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I used to watch the original back in the days. I was in love with the white shuttle craft that the resistance always seemed to steal from the visitors. This show though, based on the trailer, seems to have more conspiracy topics in it. Someone has done their homework.

I don't think this is getting us ready for disclosure though in a peaceful way. I think it is a way for the power elite to have you reject any mass showing, and not trust the "visitors" intentions. It could be just a movie but the timing is so right on for this show to be reworked for today's audience. We need to have a remake of "red dawn." It would be an instant blockbuster.

Anyhow, I'm Tivo'ing it and will watch. One crazy thought I had was, what if this V show was the "timedslot" for disclosure talked about by David Wilcock.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
if you wanted to, you could apply this to practically everything you see on television if you wanted to.

right and by knowing that mentality is used, that whenever a TV program IS actually used to acclimate the population to the images and concepts, it goes without question.

this thinking is to say that television has never been used to sway the ideology or understanding or comprehension or acceptance of the public.....

NEVER.. in all of TV's history.. NEVER has that been done... not in ANY country of the world... /sarcasm

//scoff//

right so when it IS done... say.. it's been done blatantly but only ONCE...

if someone were to suspect it that time... the others discussing it with them would scoff it off and think that it is a paranoid idea and is impossible and isn't happening... and miss the ONE time it was done..

(this is considering that it's only been done ONCE as opposed to thousands if not millions of times)

never say never?

which is the wiser path? to completely 100% eliminate it as a potential reality...

or to understand that it is a very useful method.. necessary in many respects.. and well protected in absurdity as nobody DARES expect the absurd for fear of ostrisization from peers for holding a "woo woo" idea, or fear of considering it may shatter their security-blanket reality they hold where "it could never happen...."

ATS readership disappoint me with their lack of critical absolute level analysis.. and over confident knee jerk attestations of denial.

-

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by genma
www.youtube.com...

It's premiering in the U.S and Canada in early November of this year. I started thinking about this when the respectable David Wilcock came forth and proclaimed that disclosure would occur before the year's end. What if "V" was revived to aid in this process? And here's the kicker - Wilcock said the aliens would look like us humans. This is exactly how they're portrayed in "V"! Coincidence or grandly schemed by the higher ups within our governments?

[edit on 9-10-2009 by genma]

[edit on 9-10-2009 by genma]

It is just propaganda.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Just watched the new episode of 'V' it was powerful and quite captivating and really adapted the conspiracies of the reptilian agenda forward. I have not watched the original and if anyone wants a link to watch it online just private message me and i'll be happy to oblige.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ya, I just got through watching the show, it was good or at least I thought it was.

SPOILER ALERT

As soon as they started talking about reptilians in human disguise I immediately thought of ATS, lol. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

As far as preparing us for disclosure, unless the coming disclosure has to do with aliens who are here to do us harm, I don't think that is the purpose of the show. Though I guess one can never be sure...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join