It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep Your Doors Locked!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Okay, I'd like to share another one of my "ghostly" experiences with you guys.

This happened roughly 5 years ago at my ex's house. I had spent the night and woke up early in the morning to use the bathroom. I have a habit of checking the time as soon as I get out of bed, even if it's temporary, so I knew it was 6:15ish in the morning. Anyway, my ex was fast asleep. His mother always woke up at 4:30 for work (and was gone by 5-5:30), and his sister was at her fiance's house.

My ex's bedroom is one of three rooms at the end of a long hallway. I exited the room and proceeded down the hallway, through the bathroom and into the seperate room for the toilet. The toilet room itself has doors on both sides; one entering from the bathroom, the other entering from the open dining/kitchen area. So, from inside, you can hear any activity going on around the entire house.

Before entering the toilet room, I briefly checked my face (another habit, haha) in the mirror. It was one of those cabinet mirrors, and was closed. I then proceeded to do my business. However, from inside that small room, I could hear footsteps coming from the dining/kitchen to my left. I wondered if perhaps my ex's sister had arrived home earlier than expected.

Thinking nothing of it, I re-entered the bathroom to wash my hands, but nearly smacked my face into the now fully open mirror! Still not thinking much of anything, I shut the mirror and proceeded to wash my hands. Now, from the sink, the mirror was located on the wall behind my back to the right. When I turned around to leave, I almost walked into the again(!) wide open mirror. By this point, I started to freak out a little and didn't bother shutting it.

I hurried back to my ex's bedroom, locking the door behind me. I stood at the door, a little shaken, giving myself (in my head) logical explanations for what had just happened. Then, I heard footsteps in the hallway! At this point, I literally ran to the bed and covered myself with the blanket to my chin.

I am the kind of person who keeps their eyes open and holds their breath when something strange is happening. I kept my eyes glued to the door, which was directly in front of the bed. The footsteps, though quite slow, seemed to move closer and closer before stopping.

It felt like hours had passed, but barely a minute had gone by when suddenly the handle (which was round) started moving violently - as if someone were trying to open it with all their might. This made me pull the blanket completely over my head with my eyes shut tight.

Once it stopped, I shook my ex awake (to think he actually slept through all this, geez) and told him what had happened. We got up and searched the house together, but it was completely empty! Nobody was home.

Needless to say, I never wandered the house alone ever again without knowing 100% that someone else was awake.. and home!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well.... I have had my share of paranormal experiences. None with ghosts so perhaps that makes me unfairly skeptical/biased of the "ghost" angle on such incidents as you describe.

I'm leaning more towards you being a woman and there are those that.... well... abduct human females for reproductive purposes.

Do you feel/believe what you encountered was a "ghost"?

Or... were you about to be "abducted"?

Any missing time episodes in your past?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
That's why I said "ghostly" with quotation marks. I was using the term loosely as I wasn't quite sure how else to categorize it. It was indeed an odd event.

To answer your questions directly:

1) As mentioned above, I can only feel/believe that what I encountered was out-of-the-ordinary. Nothing more, nothing less.

2) A solid no.

3) Missing time is a concept I only became familiar with recently. Therefore, my judgement on such in relation to my past isn't valid. So, my answer would be not to my knowledge.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Did you ever go back and examine the mirror cabinet door? Check and see if it opens up by itself due to uneven hinges or the like?
The doorknob thing. Definately weird, but, the mirror issue speaks louder to me.

Interesting.

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Well, it was a rather solid cabinet mirror that literally "clasped" into place when shut. When left open, it would swing as wide as possible (almost leaning against the wall) due to its amateurish craftsmanship, which is why you'd have to keep hold of it when the cabinet was in use. It was never possible to manually leave it open the way I had seen it that morning.

top topics

join