It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA "Moon Bombing" mission -- DISAPPEARS

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

That's either a typo or an ambiguity in that mission summary. I've heard and read multiple other sources say "6 miles" and they have been saying that for a while.

I love it. I quote the official NASA mission summary and you say it might be a typo because other sources said something different?

I'm sure most would agree with me that they heard the plume was supposed to be 6 miles.

That's nice. And I heard the crater resulting from the impact was supposed to be five miles in diameter. I heard this repeatedly, and just a few days ago cited news sources making that claim. But when I checked, that claim did NOT appear on the NASA summary, so I dropped it.

it has already been established that the plume did not go as high as expected

Do you understand the magnitude of difference? It went from "visible from earth using hobbyist telescopes" to "hey...see those couple pixels that we took with our biggest and best technology from NASA formally and officially monitoring the event? We think those couple pixels are probably the event."

When the UFO crowd shows vague, unclear photos they're torn to pieces and told they're idiots for believing the pictures are of anything. And now NASA is giving us a "couple pixels" and you're buying it?

I don't see how that is evidence that the impact didn't happen.

Ok. So how about give me some evidence that it did?

and if you could see an (estimated) 20-meter crater prior to the 49 second mark, then you have good eyes.

I think you misunderstood my point. The image showed a very obvious crater in the center of the image. Ths image was described as "post impact crater." The implication was that the crater in the image was the result of the impact.

If you're now saying that the alleged impact-crater was not visible in the image, and that the visible crater was simply some random, unrelated crater...then WHY are people showing that image and saying "here's the impact crater!"

It just means that something unexpected happened.

Yes. It does.

But what?

[edit on 9-10-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Jim, are you posting in the right section on this "Aliens and UFOs"? I can't see you admitting this as a UFO/EBE subject, or are you?

Decoy

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So I guess no official pictures came out at 10am showing the impact?

I'm also disappointed in the lack of coverage on the news, 30 second blurbs this morning about NASA crashing a rocket into the moon and that was it. Maybe evening news will be more interested in this, but I doubt it.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Stop wasting your time by listening to them.
Open your eyes and see what's on the spoon for the love of monkeys.
Can't you recognise a distraction when you see one.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

speaking of "Phage or SGiP" .. where are they?

I have been waiting for some of the ATS experts to chime in but nary a peep yet

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

since these events do regularly occur, have
photographs been taken of natural impacts?

Here's an impact video of a 10-inch meteor hitting the moon from May, 2006. Note that they specify that the video was recorded using a 10-inch telescope.

-=Math people=-:

That event is reported as a 10-inch meteoriod colliding at 85,000 mph. The first LCROSS impact was supposed to be 4400 pounds at 5600mph. Can we get a comparitive estimate of impact energy? I realize we don't know the density of the 10-inch meteroid, but the article claims that its speed and dimensions were estimated from the brightness of the event. What I'd like to know is...if 10-inch object at 85,000mph is brightly and clearly visible from a 10-inch earthbound telescope, how unrealistic does it seem that a 4400 pound object impacting at 5600mph would not be visible from a 200-inch telescope.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by afterschoolfun
Ok... somethings going on. Something really strange:

SO this morning I looked at this and watched the video, hoping to see the big impact. But what one of the NASA people said on the video was very interesting, near the end of the video, a woman said something along the lines of "we're getting thermal readings from one of the craters". I thought the moon was inactive...

Not just that... the whole article has been changed. There was a whole paragraph with a heading something like "Roads on the moon". Apparently as the probe got closer, the NASA people remarked that there seemed to be a road system. Now, that part is gone.

Also, the impact "was expected to throw some 350 tonnes of debris up to altitudes of 10km (6.2 miles) or more." That could easily been seen by a home telescope, right? Especially a high-end one.

Anyone that read this before it got changed respond. I know what I read.

The larger impact (that of the Centaur rocket) had already occurred about 2-1/2 minutes before that linked video started (although even that impact was not visible to the eye).

The thermal reading you talked about was probably the thermal reading from the Centaur impact that had already occurred.

What that video showed was the final minute before the second impact of the "shepherding spacecraft".

...and yes -- they were wrong about the visible plume. It did not reach 6 miles (10 km), nor did it seem to reach out of the shadow of Cabeus Crater. Something unexpected happened to create a smaller plume, such as the spacecraft impact hard bedrock instead of icy soil -- or perhaps the impacting angle was more oblique than expected.

Therefore the plume could not be seen as they originally expected. Science experiments can be like that. The "expected" result is not always guaranteed.

[edit on 10/9/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exemplar

Originally posted by atlasastro
Mark my words people, you may all laugh now.
But when it rains cheese tomorrow, you'll all know the truth.
Bring the rain, cheese rain.

I hope its Mozzarella cheese. I love that stuff.

I've got it covered folks.
I put bowls of nachos all over my lawn.... BYOB.

I hear FEMA is doing a 6 month study on which nachos go the best with moon cheese before they make a decision.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
BUT, did they take out the aliens?

If the main crater is about 98 KM diameter, and the two large craters near by are 41 and 61 KM in diameter, we are looking at a very large areas. This being in a dark region, or semi-dark region, I guess it makes sense that a plume might not be visible, without good lighting, the just might not be visible, even it if was there.

en.wikipedia.org...

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Apparently it was supposed to carve a new crater approx 60 feet in diameter and 13ft deep. That is a pretty big hole. Think of a mobile home as a good approximation of the diameter.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

I wonder if the probe taking all the instrumentation after the initial two crashes, before crashing itself into the moon, was taking any video footage. Something should be available if there is video signals from the probe.

I guess so far it looks like there have not been any retaliation attacks.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Nasa is saying they will not be publishing any pictures or data at this time. Many people are saying it was a hoax because nothing happen, no explosion, no debree, nothing. I say give them time to look over the data and they will release information! However some in the ufo community are saying we just started a war on the aliens and their moon base, so we''l wait and see whos right. I know who my moneys on!

[edit on 09/16/2009 by Mr_XIM]

link   
reply to post by wakinup13

speaking of "Phage or SGiP" .. where are they?

Has Phage ever really" chimed in" about them bombing the moon. I mean in a serious way? I doubt it very much.
Altough I must admit I can"t know for sure.
Duped that's what I'd say.

link   
tonight when the sky is real clear ,and the stats are all bright, better check and see if the moon is still even there..lol

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I was not going to say anything about this, but if you watch the lead up on the NASA TV video, you can see them moving a mouse on the screen. It looked to me like they were drag-dropping images of craters on the main crater before the impact. Maybe 10-15 minutes before the supposed strike. This might have been done to clarify the terrain for the home audience, but who knows at this point.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Well I'll be the first to say that it just went straight through the shell of the hollow moon and is now floating aimlessly about in the alien's recreation room.

Brilliant!!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by oakwood54

If the moon was gone we would know by now -_-
tides would be going craazzyy

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

To questions: From where did the image from AFTER the supposed impact originate?

And, is any of the Moon's seismograph instruments still recording?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I believe there something fishy here, this mission was recorded with data and camera in second stage of the craft down here on planet earth, they have a recording,and backup recordings,,,

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by superdebz

If the moon was gone we would know by now -_-

This isn't for real right? sarcasm?
Oh God I'm outta here.
Why did it take them so long to pull this hoax off?
As in When did they say they launched this mission?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It hit inside a crater that is 2 miles deep, this is why u did not see anything .. Lcross detected the debris up to 6 miles high.

But it was not usual Debris ......

now lets speculate for a moment .. what happens if it hit a massive chunk of ice at the bottom of the crater ? water vapour would be kicked up and NOT visible with the average telescope. but Lcross will detect if this is the case .. fingers crossed.

the only debris would be minute amounts contained in the ice .. and thus not very visible.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This was total rubbish, ( as usual) and can someone please ask NASA to ditch the cameras they have been using since 1969. The world has moved on.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join