It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA "Moon Bombing" mission -- DISAPPEARS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
On Sky news now...

Science guy is saying first indications suggest the mission was a flop!

NO REALLY?

Apparently NASA will be making an announcement in the next few minutes.

IRM

[edit on 9/10/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
NASA's press conference is in 5 minutes (10:00 EDT).

They'll tell us if they got a lot of data (remember, a visible light camera is probably the least important of their instruments).

Watch it on NASA TV or NASA.gov

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Everybody was expecting a huge dust plume from the impacts, maybe there was no impacts onto dust, maybe NASA found the water it was looking for and the probes splashed down into moon ponds?
We certainly aint gonna see no huge dust plumes then are we?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If this mission was a flop, the worst thing about it will not be the flop in and of itself, but those who will use this as PROOF! that there are alien bases on the moon.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Everybody was expecting a huge dust plume from the impacts, maybe there was no impacts onto dust, maybe NASA found the water it was looking for and the probes splashed down into moon ponds?
We certainly aint gonna see no huge dust plumes then are we?

No -- the intsruments show that it made a crater the size that they expected. Therefore it seems it hit solid/dusty material.

They are not sure about the size of the plume, but Earth-based telescopes did collect data from the impact. Being able to see the plume is visible light is probably the least important aspect of the mission (especially since the impact site is in total darkness). Infrared and spectrometer data is much more important.

They are talking about this now (started at 10:00 AM EDT) in a press conference on NASA TV and NASA.gov

[edit on 10/9/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Actually, What I think is the worse thing about it all is how much money was spent on something so stupid!!! If it was a flop, that just adds insult to injury.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Is this like the emperor's new clothes? I mean, no one saw a thing but we all pretend like we did?

Okay... great job NASA!!! WTG! Woo hoo!!!

Ahem.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Listening to this women explain the findings is in itself entertainment,

Quote " here we have two squiggly lines, thats exciting, anyone can see that these two lines are different, We don't know what that means right now, but we are analyzing the data to find out. "

this is NASA. This is a Ball, Bounce the Ball, fun, yes Fun, what was I talking about again?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starseed32
Actually, What I think is the worse thing about it all is how much money was spent on something so stupid!!! If it was a flop, that just adds insult to injury.

Well, if we ever want to put bases on the Moon, the presence of a lot of water there would be very important. Water is very heavy, and humans need a lot of it, so it would be best it humans did not need to take their water with them on Moon missions.

...by the way, it doesn't seem like it was a "flop" whatsoever. NASA got loads of data from the impact. They said it appears they got enough data to answer their questions.

Remember -- being able to "see" the plume in visible light is not a crucial aspect of the mission. The most important science is done by other data (non-visible light).

[edit on 10/9/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I just wanted to point this out...

Richard Boylan held a worldwide telepathy/prayer session yesterday to try and get a bunch of people to 'think' the payload off course.

His assertion that Cabeus A is a home to Star Visitors aside, wouldn't it be interesting if they pulled it off?

edit to add link:

Boylan Psychic Exercise

[edit on 10/9/09 by emsed1]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hmmm, they are talking about everything except the plume! A lot of dry mouth syndrome from those NASA PR people too. lol!

I think this says it all...

Astronomers using the 5-meter Hale Telescope at Palomar Observatory near San Diego also saw no plume. By comparison, when the Japan Space Agency’s lunar-orbiting Kaguya spacecraft deliberately crashed into the unlit side of the moon last June, a 4-meter ground-based-telescope could see it.

www.sciencenews.org

IRM

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Well, if NASA can't hit the broad side of a moon with a shotgun maybe we don't need to be sending people up there.

HA HA!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
I just wanted to point this out...

Richard Boylan held a worldwide telepathy/prayer session yesterday to try and get a bunch of people to 'think' the payload off course.

His assertion that Cabeus A is a home to Star Visitors aside, wouldn't it be interesting if they pulled it off?

edit to add link:

Boylan Psychic Exercise

[edit on 10/9/09 by emsed1]

No -- they detected the flash of the impact exactly where they expected it, and they saw the crater in infrared exactly where they expected it (and also the size of the crater is what they expected...

...So, yes -- LCROSS did hit its target successfully.

link   
Why did the cameras go out approx 10 seconds before impact? Someone said that a heat plume was registered somewhere - that was the moonies blasting the LCROSS out of the sky before impact -

link   
Jeepers what a PR mess. The WWF 'flash the screen' trick or not? How long does it take to crop some photos?

Weird - this is all speculation however.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Well I took the time to read the link in your post,scary but what also intrigues me is the author is a free mason that's beyond weird

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Yeah that got loads of data that confirms nothing happened!

Seriously. They keepsaying the telescopes and what not recorded the event and were working fine, but that doesn't mean that the data shows that anything interesting happened. This is so obviously way less impressive than they were expecting.

Again just 'cause data was collected doesn't mean that data shows that anything happened.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

No -- they detected the flash of the impact exactly where they expected it, and they saw the crater in infrared exactly where they expected it (and also the size of the crater is what they expected...

...So, yes -- LCROSS did hit its target successfully.

Ummm... don't extraordinary claims deserve a little extraordinary proof? How about even a little proof?

Oh heck... I'll just believe on faith alone.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
Jeepers what a PR mess. The WWF 'flash the screen' trick or not? How long does it take to crop some photos?

Weird - this is all speculation however.

I don't understand what you mean by a PR mess. They hit their target and collect a lot of data. The plume was expected to be so small that I'm not surprised the ground-based photos have not detected them yet. I expect that the plume will be visible after the photos are further processed.

Even if the wasn't a plume -- that's very telling to the scientists. That means that LCROSS did not hit water ice but instead hit hard bedrock. Either way -- no plume or big plume -- the result would be telling to scientists (even though the common person may find the result boring).

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Why is that beyond weird? A lot of us are Freemasons.

--

On another point - Maybe NASA finally found Bin Laden's hiding spot?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join