It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA "Moon Bombing" mission -- DISAPPEARS

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I just want to know what happened to "mission control"? Has it now been confined to a tiny office?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The budget cuts have been murder. I hear they have uni-sex bathrooms too!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People There was still some long-duration exploration of the Moon as part of NASA's general plan to eventually go to Mars when this mission was launched (and I know you know that.
)

What I KNOW is the NAVY is already on the Moon and on MARS and NASA was told to get off with Apollo...

Just can't prove it yet

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

lol that's sad... I mean seriously!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Wookiep

The budget cuts have been murder. I hear they have uni-sex bathrooms too!

Their cuts have been murder indeed! To the point where NASA is becoming a flag waiver and little more.

Very sad.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by mckyle]

[edit on 9-10-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
i might be wrong! as allways i did read that it shall create a 5 mile crator somewhere, i cant remember where now. But your comment was well uncalled for, and for the record i have much respect for phage i read many of his posts. But as i said ATS is getting lame nowadays its not possible to have the discussions like back in the day on these forums because its over run with big mouthed morons! im logging out now! Bye

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People There was still some long-duration exploration of the Moon as part of NASA's general plan to eventually go to Mars when this mission was launched (and I know you know that.
)

What I KNOW is the NAVY is already on the Moon and on MARS and NASA was told to get off with Apollo...

Just can't prove it yet

Dang! I knew I should have joined the Navy. LOL I wonder which ones get to go?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by theflashor
reply to post by mckyle

hmm do your research mate

What don't you get about 5 mile wide deep craters with 40 mile debris clouds? (thats their words)

They are YOUR words and you have really no idea.

Whew, I heard them nasaz are gunna blow the sunz up next !! woo, git them pitchforkzz boyz, we gots a hanging to git..

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Just for the record the Moon base is still on at this point! I don't know where Zorgon got those dates and times but they aren't legit. As far as I know the pannel Obama has set up has said that we don't have enough money to do anything interesting in space. (Those are their words not mine)

While this is what they are reccomending in the preliminary report the final report was delayed until a week or two from now (I don't think it's a coincidence that they are waiting till after the results of LCROSS come in).

Even after that Obama will actually have to make some sort of a decision and anounce some sort of direction.

So although the signs aren't good at all at this point the return to the Moon is still on autopilot.

Of course if you guys know otherwise then please provide a link. I got my fingers crossed for a Moon base. I'm really hoping something interesting happens in my lifetime.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

But where is the data i want to see it!!!

You do the mission next time and you can demand it then.

and no need to be patronising, i could learn how to read it. The internet is a great thing you know!

Edumacations for books thing dont arent on the interweb, it are at school!!11

WTF? Really?? lmao

Your opinion is as valid as the expletive you used often in your post.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Ok so the mission was a success - it proves the moon is a hard rock.

To be honest I think I could have probably done that a bit cheaper than NASA.

I mean for a start I would only have had to ask my 4 year old cousin.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

I believe you got it right...President Obama has said that the present Moon program (including long-duration stays and bases) is too expensive, but he hasn't officially cut the funding.

The funding is still in place for the general plan that included Moon bases, but even if he doesn't cut the funding, perhaps the money in place won't be enough to build bases.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
I just want to know what happened to "mission control"? Has it now been confined to a tiny office?

That's exactly what my husband and I were wondering. That place almost looked like a school. I think they used whatever that place was on purpose so that we couldn't get a clear shot of their screens. In regular Mission Control, we usually get a real-time shot of what they see like those little amoeba-shaped objects that pop up every now and then and cause them to stammer and go 'ummm...er'
If you'll notice, every shot we saw today was either an extremely close shot of the 'moon' or either a computer graphic. Since today was such a heavily-hyped, globally-watched event, maybe they didn't want to take any chances on the world seeing the little flying amoebas and going WTF? Hold up! What if a space amoeba got curious and hit it? You know from the STS videos how they get curious and hover around our stuff. J/K

[edit on 10-10-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Too funny Ha`la`tha

Good to see you on the boards mate

[edit on 10-10-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

reply to post by mckyle

hmm do your research mate

What don't you get about 5 mile wide deep craters with 40 mile debris clouds? (thats their words)

They are YOUR words and you have really no idea.

Whew, I heard them nasaz are gunna blow the sunz up next !! woo, git them pitchforkzz boyz, we gots a hanging to git..

Not all rednecks are like that. I don't appreciate the prejudice.

Second line.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
Edumacations for books thing dont arent on the interweb, it are at school!!11

That is probably the dumbest comment I have EVER seen on ATS. The best universities have their libraries online and you can take college courses at accredited online universities like Devry Tech

Then there is the Vatican Library, Gutenberg Project and millions of others you would never find at school... including NASA's own technical library

Also he said English was not his first language...

What is YOUR excuse? No wonder ATS is slipping downhill

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gazerstar

lol yeah it was definately pretty weird... I've never seen such an amateur video from Nasa before...then again I could be mis-informed. :p

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon,

I think to be fair to Ha`la`tha, he was ticked off at the impetuous and rather denigrating comment initially posted by that other bloke.

Did you read his response to my initial post where he accused me of not knowing what I was talking about?

BTW: he never said English was not his first language. Read the post dear boy.

CleverNameHere: if you mean "redneck" as from the south of the US, or the hills, he is not! He is a native of England.

I don't even know why I am bothering to explain this. It's a non-issue! Lets get back on track.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by humanalien2

Hi, can you please summarize that in like say...2 or 3 sentences? Some people here might consider this spam and/or off-topic gibberish. Thanks!

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join