It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA "Moon Bombing" mission -- DISAPPEARS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
No joke -- NASA's 'LCROSS' bomb the moon mission arrived on schedule this morning, and disappeared.

No flash.

No plume.

Nothing seen from Earth.

Some official 'splainin' gonna be required, fer shoor.

Here's one possible explanation, a prediction published a few days ago:

Adios, Star People // by Dwayne Day // Monday, October 5, 2009
www.thespacereview.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
the Aliens on the Moon Zapped it !

here is the picture yahoo has up and supposedly it was taken right after the ?

AP – This image provided by NASA shows an image taken shortly after the Centaur rocket impacted the moon taken

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73a65cd97a9b.png[/atsimg]

news.yahoo.com...

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I though the LCROSS "shepherding" probe detected a heat signature from the impact.

I realize there wasn't a huge plume that was able to be detected from Earth-based telescopes -- or even seen in visible light from the shepherding probe -- but that doesn't mean it "disappeared". It only means that the plume was not as large as expected (in fact, minuscule), which itself tells something about the material make-up of the impact site.

[edit on 10/9/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Jim... you seem disappointed mate! Personally, I can't wait for those HOLLOW MOON threads to start up now!

IRM :shk:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Oh great, don't get them started.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Seriously though Jim, what do you think happened?

This is just weird.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Well I'll be the first to say that it just went straight through the shell of the hollow moon and is now floating aimlessly about in the alien's recreation room.

link   
i was right all along, this was a bad idea

it was a waste of money

[edit on 9-10-2009 by easynow]

link   
The impact should have been easily seen, especially from the orbiter that was snapping the images.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Even if they didn't see what they expected to see, hopefully they still got data.

The jury is still out, though as to whether or not it went as expected.
Don't forget, the primary science is not done by "looking at the plume in visible light". There are many other scientific instruments on board to collect data other than what can be seen.

But even if they didn't get the result they expected, in science it's not important to get the result you expect -- in fact many scientific breakthroughs come from getting unexpected results. The DATA is more important. As long as they got data to analyze, the "result" will be discerned from that data...

...however, if they didn't get good data, someone will be in trouble.

EDIT: Spelllling

[edit on 10/9/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

its bouncing around the insides right now. If you put your ear to the telescope you might hear it!

Times Online
Went pretty much according to plan.
Why was the previous impacts (e.g. Chandrayaan I) not as hyped as this one?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Yep...I woke up for it too...

My question is why is 97% of the media this morning is on circus news or either Baracks Nobel peace Prize and 3% on something of this scale?

weird...

and why did the screens just go all white at impact? I serioulsy doubt that they were going to show us what they REALLY hit ( ET colony?)

This made me think back to earlier this week on the Science channel where they were discussing and showing weapons for space.....

+30 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Mark my words people, you may all laugh now.

But when it rains cheese tomorrow, you'll all know the truth.

Bring the rain, cheese rain.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
How much of a plume would expect if you fire a bullet into mud!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
WOW......Simply wow,

Im just...... lost without words to describe it. maybe this will work.

Ricky Ricardo: NASA, you got some 'splainin' to do!

link   
Someone posted this video in another thread. Check out the infrared images. There appears to be flashing in the dark red areas. Check the video around these two times 0:43 (top left) and 3:57 (top middle)

[edit on 9-10-2009 by HrdCorHillbilly]

link   
where are you guys watching this??? no news is covering it...not even the NASA channel....??? (believe me , I looked, I wanted to see this!)

link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
...and why did the screens just go all white at impact? I serioulsy doubt that they were going to show us what they REALLY hit ( ET colony?)...

If they wanted to hit an ET colony, why even tell us that they are doing it (ostensibly under the guise of a science mission)? Why not just send the "impactor" there without telling us?

Only sharp-eyed astronomers would have noticed, and even if they did notice, it could be explained away as a meteor impact.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This report from the AP seems a little odd...

NASA probes give moon a double smack
But the big live public splash people anticipated didn't quite happen. Screens got fuzz and no immediate pictures of the crash or the six-mile plume of lunar dust that the mission was all about. The public, which followed the crashes on the Internet and at observatories, seemed puzzled. NASA officials said their instruments were working, but live photos of the actual crash were missing. Some select photos should be ready by a 10 a.m. press conference, they said.

'Select' photos? By 10 oclock, they will have had time to play with Photoshop, or what?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I understand Mt Polomar saw nothing with the 200 inch telescope.

Maybe it went in through a "porthole" and is bouncing around inside.

The thing was going the speed of a bullet..and must have been several feet in diameter. With very little atmosphere on the moon I do not believe it hit "mud"... so yes.. NASA is going to have to work overtime to come up with whatever story they will hatch to keep from telling us what really happened.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join