It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by De La Valletta
and to punish us for this would be a bit hypocritical as only 10% of us meaning the Super Rich , Wealthy , Politicians and Corporations are the main culprits behind pollution , climate change , wars , religious genocide , poverty , disease etc.
sure, but don't forget the other 90%, (for example) we are the consumers and in the mean time we became smart enough to know that 'production' causes 'pollution', we know there are other ways to consume less or different but most of us still don't (I'm not doing it if he's not doing it). We know our cars pollute and yet a lot of us use the car for the smallest trips.
Ofcourse I realize that less consumtion also means loss of jobs, every sollution seems to bring on another problem...so is it upto that 10% to find better ways? You know they won't unless they are forced to do so... by the other 90%.
Would the world be better off without humans?
originally posted by: Skeptical_Seeker
The most interesting thing about us is we don't seem to fit into the food chain or bio-cycle anywhere anymore. Perhaps we once did - maybe we were a food source or we provided some form of benefit to the rest of the biosphere - but not anymore certainly. And that is the ONE thing that every other thing on this planet does - it contributes something worthwhile to the whole in exchange for the justification of its existence. We don't. Kinda depressing really.
originally posted by: LiveForever8
reply to post by ineverknew
If by the world you mean the planet, then yes, of course it would be a better place.
However there would be no Great Pyramid, Chichen Itza, Colosseum, Machu Picchu, Petra, Taj Mahal and all of the other man made wonders of the world.
My vote is for humans too, but not all of us