It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate Virus Spreaders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I do not normally hate people. But I hate, loath and detest those idiots who think it is ok to send viruses to your computer.

I tried to download the NASA moon thing, and I got a virus - thanks!

Am I right in thinking this is young males? Who think anything that hurts someone else is funny?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Males and females are just as bad.

But your right about the virus thing. WWWhhhhhyyyyyyy

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
no it's not just punk kids anymore, it's big underground business.

Viruses today don't want to wreck your computer (although they still often tend to), they want to steal info, turn your machine into a zombie, scam you by trying to sell you rogue software... etc.

Did i say big underground business? I meant.. FREAKING HUGE.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Icouldn't agree more, I mean, doesn't anyone know the correct way to sneeze
I refuse to shake hands with anyone and have adopted the Japanese bow.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I do computer work(programing) 3d animay
and repairs .
First your all correct trogens and spybots are desined to send the web pages you viset back to a cengteral pc they then use that info to send you emails that revolve around the subjucts you search the most.trying to sell you stuff.
then the other kind of virses are key logers wich are the ones trying to steal your bank info or credit card info. Wich do just as described log your keys you type then send that to a centeral pc .
What I find realy funny is the few mac users swaring there opperating system will never be attacked lol. This is so untrue yea All you mac users dont get vires. Will the 3 mac users please stand up and take a bow.
let 100million macs be bought and then see.
anyway back to the rest of us windows users complaining about vires are you? what is it you think your using there a car ? just put gas in turn the key press the peddel and go???
LEARN to use your PC correctly and i grante you WONT get vireses .
How can i produce this mircial you may ask. Simply first get and good antivires program Like avg and its FREE turn on your fire wall .
then go tools /internet opptions / securty and privecy Both .
now you want compleat securty set every thing on HIGH nothing gets through . but because u like this site you cant do that as u need cookes from here so just set every thing on medium with just these few changes you can reduce your vires bot trogen and keyloger problems to almost ZERO . MAN i can even rember the last time i got attacked and i Download gig abits from all over the net from none secure sites.
PS in closing you just to lazy to learn pcs then use linix as it DOESENT even run from c drive wich means there no way no how you can get a vires IT cant GET to c drive. the down side is you can downlioad any thing eather. but for just surfing its fail safe no antivires needed.
rember have fun safe surfing every one

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
You can still install a virus on linux, the only difference is that there are less exploits that can infect your pc regardless of whether you give them permission or not to do so, this has nothing to do with having a C Drive or not. Also for OP, what antivirus are you using? There are some like nod32 that pick up viruses even if they aren't in their virus database through clever searching algorithms. Just curious.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Out of curiosity, where did you find the (infected) link for the supposed Moon crash video? Was it here on ATS, or?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yes the digital world is rampant with spreaders of digital disease. I am currently fighting an epic battle in a virtual world to rid them of the vile plague!

[edit on 9-10-2009 by DaMod]

new topics

top topics

join