It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to 'blow up heart' of Israel if attacked

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Isn't this a given ? Does anyone really expect Iran to allow them selves to be bombed and not take any action ? should it happen of course .

I will go one further and say that US forces in the M.E would also be a potential target , not to mention any country that would allow Israel the use of there air space in any attack against Iran .

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured

Last I checked, Iran has not invaded another country since before the first Bible was written.

No, they've been using proxies like hezbollah and hamas to do their foreign dirty work. This is also historically incorrect since the Persians attacked the Greeks several times after the old testament was written, and the Parthians attacked the Romans after the new testament was written.

And if they do not plan to attack, why all the rhetoric saying they will wipe countries off the face of the earth. Why not just sit down, shut up and develop peaceful nuclear energy out in the open for all to see? The answer is quite obvious to most ...

The funny thing is.. people actually swallow this hype/fear and encourage warmongering.

Sit on that for a moment.

Equally "funny" (not) is how many people choose the appeasement route when it historically has never worked.

[edit on 10/9/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I wonder what you'll all be saying if iran lives up to all of its rhetoric and attacks Israel first - as the other muslim countries in the area have often done?

a) how often was Israel invaded by muslims in the past 30 years? You specifically used the word "often", so I need to ask.

b) Saddam used a lot of rhetoric and I guess we learned that rhetoric is not worth the invasion, the hard way

c) Saudi Arabia is THE major supporter of Hamas, how come we are not bombing them before we do Iran?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I wonder what you'll all be saying if iran lives up to all of its rhetoric and attacks Israel first - as the other muslim countries in the area have often done?

a) how often was Israel invaded by muslims in the past 30 years? You specifically used the word "often", so I need to ask.

Your choice of 30 years is completely arbitrary and conveniently skips the time period just before that (1948 through 1973) when the muslim nations DID often attack Israel.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iseekthetruth!!!!!!!!
Sounds fair to me, I hope Iran knows Exactally where Israel hides their Nuclear bombs. If they can hit them then it will be over.
As far as the U.S. being involved, well we probably will be, but we shouldn't. Let them fight it out themselves.

If Israel is allowed to go it alone, then when things get real bad for it's enemies in the ME region no country should be allowed to intervene on behalf of those ME countries that will be crying to the world for help.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Your choice of 30 years is completely arbitrary and conveniently skips the time period just before that (1948 through 1973) when the muslim nations DID often attack Israel.

How many times did this happen?

How many times did Israel conduct airstrikes against it neighbors?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

Iran needs to realize that the powerful nations on this earth have said, "NO". They are not listening. They are defiant. Nothing changes who is powerful on this planet today. Iran must listen or they will get slapped around.

Unreal.

Of course they are defiant! Good for them for not bending over and taking the bully stick. Your reason for accepting bullying is mind boggling.

Neither the US or Israel has had their testicles removed. They have big kahunas and will bark and growl and if you don't heed those warnings then you will be bitten.

You get enough nations to stand up against these bullies, they will eventually bite back with far greater force. Thats actually what is starting to happen in todays world. Nations are begining to stand up againt the American Empire. The US is bleeding and will fall by their own actions.

Iran is making things worse instead of better. Why doesn't Iran just say OK? After they get chomped half to death they will say OK like a little wimp. Iran is on the wrong track and now seem to be ripping off their shirt and holding up their fists like dummies.

Why ? Do I really need to answer that question ? Why should any nation succum to threats and manipulation ? I hope the States are starting to have less and less people that share the same thought process as you just displayed. Thats very sad and disgusting what you just shared there. Expected I guess from a nation use to bullying other nations with their might.

My money is on Iran losing by knockout in the first round.

Sad!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

How many times did this happen?

How many times did Israel conduct airstrikes against it neighbors?

There were at least 3 times that the very existence of Israel was at stake.

How many times does it need to happen before Israel or any nation develops a "complex" over it and begins to react accordingly?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

None of which was Iran. Moot point all around.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured

None of which was Iran. Moot point all around.

Wrong again.

Taken in historical context, iran is just the latest muslim nation to threaten the existence of Israel.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Why do I think you'll conveniently choose to ignore that Israeli women and children are now dead

I think that you conveniently choose to ignore the eventuality that a lot of American soldiers and lots of Iranian citizens will be dead in case we attack.

I am very afraid that a war of this scale will break America's back, since we don't have much left economically, financially or militarily after having squandered all these resources on two unnecessary wars and excesses of corporate elite. There is only so much we can do before we really hurt ourselves.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983

If Iran attacked Israel, the US and Israel would turn Iran into a glass parking lot.

WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT?

That's just your opinion, and as such has no basis in fact.

Iran on the other hand continues to publically state that it will destroy Israel.

You really don't seem to get it do you, do you think that we all just woke up one day loving Israelis?

Personally I have no feelings for Israel one way or the other, but I do recognize the stink of a cancer like Iran when I smell it, and that makes the placement of allegiances pretty simple.

Others it seems like regimes who hang 16 year old girls for being raped, stone men to death for having gay sex, and issue random threats about destroying other countries while simultaneously developing nuclear weapons.

Seriously, what's up with you people?

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Retseh]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
If Israel wants to choke back Iran, they just make the following statement:

"We, the nation of Israel, have been attacked by Arab Muslims for the stated purpose of our destruction numerous times, and now we hear threats from an unstable state of Persian Muslims.

Therefore, we have targeted all Muslim holy places, including Mecca, Medina, and especially, the Dome of the Rock, and upon the very next attack on Israel, these structures will be converted into dust. With the exception of the Dome of the Rock, to enable our rebuilding the temple, all other sites will become holes in the ground, covered in radioactive dust.

Since our source problem seems to be Muslims, those will be our targets. Do as you will. As we will."

This would address the source of the problem.

Simple, direct, and proportional.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

They have not ever once participated in attacking Israel. They'll verbally threat back because they are being threatened. Nice twist you added there but it didnt lose me.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Why do I think you'll conveniently choose to ignore that Israeli women and children are now dead

I think that you conveniently choose to ignore the eventuality that a lot of American soldiers and lots of Iranian citizens will be dead in case we attack.

Stop putting words in my mouth or thoughts in my head. You're really not good at it at all.

I never said I wanted anyone to attack anyone else. Just trying to respond to all the one-sided posts - such as yours.

link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Others it seems like regimes who hang 16 year old girls for being raped, stone men to death for having gay sex, and issue random threats about destroying other countries while simultaneously developing nuclear weapons.

Nobody likes any of that, but bombing the hell out of the country you are trying to "save" from this savagery seems like a stupid idea.

link   

Others it seems like regimes who hang 16 year old girls for being raped, stone men to death for having gay sex,

After reading this the Kernel has to ask, are you in agreement with the US having Saudi Arabia as an ally?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983

If Iran attacked Israel, the US and Israel would turn Iran into a glass parking lot.

WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT?

That's just your opinion, and as such has no basis in fact.

Iran on the other hand continues to publically state that it will destroy Israel.

You really don't seem to get it do you, do you think that we all just woke up one day loving Israelis?

Personally I have no feelings for Israel one way or the other, but I do recognize the stink of a cancer like Iran when I smell it, and that makes the placement of allegiances pretty simple.

Seriously, what's up with you people?

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Retseh]

Show a link to back what you just stated. You just stated rhetoric bs published on the MS media. Show me one link where those very words were used by Irans PM.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kernel Korn

Others it seems like regimes who hang 16 year old girls for being raped, stone men to death for having gay sex,

After reading this the Kernel has to ask, are you in agreement with the US having Saudi Arabia as an ally?

...also given that most of Hamas' budget is provided by the Saudis?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968

Originally posted by Iseekthetruth!!!!!!!!
Sounds fair to me, I hope Iran knows Exactally where Israel hides their Nuclear bombs. If they can hit them then it will be over.
As far as the U.S. being involved, well we probably will be, but we shouldn't. Let them fight it out themselves.

If Israel is allowed to go it alone, then when things get real bad for it's enemies in the ME region no country should be allowed to intervene on behalf of those ME countries that will be crying to the world for help.

I don't care what other countries get involved. I am sick to death of Our country sending Our children to foreign countries to fight and die in wars/conflicts we have no business in.
I would love to see America become a neutral country.
Why do we have to be the world police? I would be more than happy to see another country take that burden on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join