It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack LaLanne turns 95 and still kicks @ss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Who amongst you remember Jack LaLanne on TV in those fugly tights and doing all those crazy exercises in the 60s, 70s and beyond?

That crazy man is STILL around!

www.sfgate.com...

Happy Birthday, Jack!

Fitness is THE key to great health in your life, especially if you are 50 or older.

I just turned 50, but most people say that I don't look a day over 40 and that's because of my fitness that I do, as well as the raw foods that I eat.

There's a great book that those of you who are 50 or older should read -- and those of you who are younger, too -- and that is the book: "Younger Next Year". A great book. Worth the read. I bought up a bunch of them for $5 each and passed them out to family and friends.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think this more appropriately belongs in the Health and Fitness Discussion Thread on BTS.

With that said, Jack is a bad@ss. No doubt.

However, to attribute his health to his active lifestyle alone is hogwash. Of course, exercising has kept him in amazing shape but his health can be attributed to his choice of diet.

The guy didn't consume many carbohydrates in his years before he started juicing. Fat and protein made up the majority of the energy he consumed.

-Dev

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Historical-Mozart
Who amongst you remember Jack LaLanne on TV in those fugly tights and doing all those crazy exercises in the 60s, 70s and beyond?

That crazy man is STILL around!

www.sfgate.com...

Happy Birthday, Jack!

Fitness is THE key to great health in your life, especially if you are 50 or older.

I just turned 50, but most people say that I don't look a day over 40 and that's because of my fitness that I do, as well as the raw foods that I eat.

There's a great book that those of you who are 50 or older should read -- and those of you who are younger, too -- and that is the book: "Younger Next Year". A great book. Worth the read. I bought up a bunch of them for $5 each and passed them out to family and friends.

you are 50 years old and use the word "fugly"? LOL...THAT is the secret of your youth: your youthful heart.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This guy is the reason that steroids shouldn't be illegal for general use without a prescription. My hats off to him for the hard work he has also put in to stay in the shape he is.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

The saddest thing about that video is back when Jack was warning people of their poor physical habits and poor dietary habits there were far fewer of those "soft" people than there are today.

I think if I were him I'd celebrate my 100th birthday by grabbing a rifle and climbing a tower in the middle of some fatty convention.

If anyone deserves a Nobel prize it's him.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

I remember him from last year. He had a TV infommercial about a juicer or blender or whatever.
If he really drinks that stuff (and why wouldn't he?), maybe it has something to do with his longevity.
Mostly, it's still good genes, though.

Good for him!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

And what's even worse, health authorities attribute obesity to lack of exercise; however, Jack was one of the only health and fitness gurus during his time.

If you had a gym membership, you were labeled a health freak/nut. Physical activity, or lack thereof, does not properly explain the current obesity epidemic.

-Dev

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ethereal Gargoyle
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

I remember him from last year. He had a TV infommercial about a juicer or blender or whatever.
If he really drinks that stuff (and why wouldn't he?), maybe it has something to do with his longevity.
Mostly, it's still good genes, though.

It has nothing to do with his juicing and has little to do with genetics. See first post above.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Good for him!
He can celebrate by sending ME a free juicer...

new topics

top topics

join