It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 42
<< 39  40  41   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
here is a strategy breakdown of the history and reasons behind the peace price.

just another NWO cash cow!

www.stratfor.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Surprised Madoff didn't get the Economic prize. What a crack.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by soultorent
Surprised Madoff didn't get the Economic prize. What a crack.

Give this one to Obama as well for the so-called bailout which fixed the world economy we are told.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
For all of you Obama supporters arguing that this wasn't given for what he has done, or lack there of...... sorry to burst your bubble, but according to the Nobel committee itself, they did give it to him for what he has accomplished. See below:

"We simply disagree that he has done nothing," committee chairman Thorbjoern Jagland told the AP on Tuesday. "He got the prize for what he has done."

Source

Giving Obama this award and saying IT IS in fact for what he has done, sullies what once was a prestigious award. Now its nothing more than a political endorsement.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
...according to the Nobel committee itself, they did give it to him for what he has accomplished.

It's word parsing. According to your source:

Jagland singled out Obama's efforts to heal the divide between the West and the Muslim world and scale down a Bush-era proposal for an anti-missile shield in Europe.

Now, has he DONE something to make these efforts? Yes. He has spoken to the Muslim world and been inclusive of all religions. He's made "efforts" toward a goal. So, depending on how you look at it, these "efforts" can be seen as something he's done.

His EFFORTS have given the US a good name in the world. Did he actually DO something? Yes. He spoke to people. But speaking to people isn't usually seen as a big accomplishment, UNLESS it makes fundamental changes in how people perceive us, which it has.

The whole idea of him needing to accomplish something specific to win the prize is just wishful thinking. They might as well just come out and say that they awarded it to him because he's so cool. He accomplished being cool.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well I guess if you want to parse words as you say, good job. To me this is talking about accomplishments to foster peace, which most seem to argue there hasn't been as yet. Hence the argument even by most liberals and democrats why this is premature, at best.

On a funny related note, when I was out and about this weekend, a young adult was talking about how cool it was that Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize after being in office 9 months. I asked him what the Nobel Peace Prize meant and was for, and he responded "The Nobel Peace Prize is awarded to the best person in the world once a year." I was so dumbfounded by this response I just chuckled and walked away.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Now, has he DONE something to make these efforts? Yes. He has spoken to the Muslim world and been inclusive of all religions. He's made "efforts" toward a goal. So, depending on how you look at it, these "efforts" can be seen as something he's done.

His EFFORTS have given the US a good name in the world. Did he actually DO something? Yes. He spoke to people. But speaking to people isn't usually seen as a big accomplishment, UNLESS it makes fundamental changes in how people perceive us, which it has.

Hmmmm, when I was overseas, I spoke to foreign nationals about the US being in their country, thanked them (and was thanked in return), and did what I could to foster peace and cooperation between our two countries.

Where's my Nobel Peace Prize? Because I made an "effort", too.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

You also don't have as large of a bully pulpit as the president. While you may have fostered peace between our countries to a few. Obama has a much larger megaphone and can reach a lot more ears.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The one event that seems to stick out in my memory was the Honduras coup d'etat. This happened under Obama and a Nobel within months! And since then we have not heard much of it in the mainstream media since.

Maybe thats why the US lost its bid for the Olympics?

The Regan administration did Grenada but it was different, Regan went on TV and the press went with it. Yes it was a more overt operation using the military, but maybe the cia in Honduras was warming up for something bigger.

Just my two cents....best regards!!!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
okay; well even if he has made some efforts, is it really SANE to give the nobel PEACE prize to the president of a country that's currently at WAR with at least two other countries?

it seems a little...ironic...to me...

a bit upside down and back to front.

a bit alice in wonderland.

in short... a bit illuminati... they like everything to be the opposite of what it is. like in 1984. peace means war. freedom means slavery. etc.

so if you follow that logic thru, he actually was awarded the nobel prize for war. which he probably HAS earned..

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Axial Leader

because its not a prize for fighting for racial equality or achieving equality of races; its a prize for bringing about PEACE. and he's currently at WAR.

if they want to give him a prize for doing good things for racial equality they need to create a different prize. giving him this one just sends the message that you can still win the nobel peace prize even if you have a few wars, to me.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

With this in mind, does Obama receiving the Nobel Peace Prize make Americans stand with their collective heads held a little bit higher or ...

does it make Americans the laughingstock of the world? Just curious.

well i dont think people are LAUGHING as such; altho i did laugh a bit when i saw him give the acceptance speech at the whitehouse; its more DISTURBING than humourous. whats the world coming to? to my mind its just showing everyone the world for what it is - i.e. how deeply messed up it is and how corrupt those in power are - such that all our ideals -such as peace - are also being corrupted.

people need to wake up to how the world is really run. this and 9/11 and the bailouts should really be sending out some red flags, you would THINK...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The peace prize should have been given posthumously to whoever came up with the idea that a President of the United States could only serve two consecutive terms.

America never likes to unseat a president during a time of crisis. Were it not for the two term limit, America, handcuffed to Dubya by a never ending state of crisis and a tradition of misplaced loyalty, would continue to return him to office until bubbles were rising from her watery grave.

Obama got the prize for being the "unBush". It should go to the framers of the amendments that limited Bush to eight years of misrule.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Precisely, Obama got the Nobel for not being Bush. The world hated Bush. Now the world likes Obama and the right HATES him.

Just look at this thread. This should show clearly how one side of the political madness argument is steadfast in hating the opposition just because he is the opposition. Forget what he tries to do in the world, just HATE this man for who he is and the side of the isle he stands on.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I don't understand how he could win the Nobel when he wouldn't meet with the HH the Dalai Lama because of China.
If any one should have gotten the nobel it is The Dalai Lama.
Buddhism is a peacefull religion and is non-violent

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
the funny thing is he did nothing to deserve this award. he is the start to the NWO taking over and the end of free men as we know it

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Now I know for certain that the commision that decides who will have a nobel prize is corrupted and run by the NWO elite. Ofcourse I have no evidence of that but neither did Al Gore have for his CO2 accusation presentation.

It has all to do with promotion of false ideas and people on a global level. The whole world should know about it and belief it. Only fools will belief everything the leaders and organisations of our world say.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
It is terrible.....the more I think about it the more absurt it feels. First of all I would like to say that I am not an US citizen. The first few times I heared and watched Obama speak I had the impression he will be a blessing for the citizens of the US and the world and would I not be surprised if Obama would refuse this Nobel Prize because in all his honesty and modesty would argument that he did do nothing to deserve this prestigious prize.

But now, after almost one year Obama and seeing that he is all into it....I feel sorry for the people of the USA. Again they have been suckered in and does it appear that Obama is an extension of the Bush/NWO agenda. It will not surprise me if he will turn out to be a bohemian grove party pig too.

Many of you citizens of the USA must feel this compulsive powerlesness. Again being lied to and not to know who or what to trust while slowly and surely seeing the country go into the drain.

Every time I see something NWO related I must think about Bush Sr. speech on 11 sept 1991 for the united nations. He emphasized on the fact that they will succeed to install the new world order. Creepy, and if so it can not be other than Obama to be a part of their trategy.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hey everybody. I had an account here a couple years ago. Just registered again. I've been a lurker. I enjoy learning from you guys. But I have a question, for someone who feels like venting....

Is Obama ruining the middle class? And how?

[edit on 17-12-2009 by alpineblast]

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

"President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize"?

top topics

<< 39  40  41   >>

join