It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

link   
Canr help but think this is TPTB giving their little workers a pat on the back and a cash award fir screwing over the little guy. There's a good boy Obama keep up the good work and next time we'll get you a car as commision.

link   
Canr help but think this is TPTB giving their little workers a pat on the back and a cash award fir screwing over the little guy. There's a good boy Obama keep up the good work and next time we'll get you a car as commision.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Spectre0o0

That is not a reason to not like something.
Shesh oh Pete. That's just silly.

Make up your own mind about something instead of relying on other peoples opinions to make up your mind for you.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Obama was not nominated for his supposed efforts (aside from a speech in Cairo he's done nothing anyways?) ...

He was nominated TWO WEEKS INTO HIS PRESIDENCY.

Huckabee told Republicans not to mock the presidents award, but rather let them explain what he did in his first two weeks to deserve the medal (and 1.4 million dollars...)

First Gore, I lost a lot of faith in the Nobel system. After this, the award has no credibility.

I mean, id understand if we ended the wars.... but we have not, we are increasing our presence, and threatening war with Iran still. #$% nothing has changed?????

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
It is more dazzle that will be written into history books just so future generations ov school kids will be taught yet more false history.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Dang two legit threads.

Anyway, here's my take - The world has truly "jumped the shark".

I do agree with you there kosmic, they diid rush into this. Yes Bush was voted out, america is trying to find the right path again from years of a misguided one.... but this is premature of an award. But he won the award, kudos... too soon in my opinion, but congrats nevertheless.

too soon?man you ahhhhhhh really dont know whats ahhh goin on. i feel ahhhhhhhh sorry for you.
ahhhhhhhhhh,bush was not voted out,in the ahhhhhh US,ahhhhh a president can only serve ahhhhhh 2 terms. please try to read,and i mean try,a history book,or the constitution. you might ahhhhhhhh stop sounding so, ahhhh,inept.

sorry about the ahhhhhhhh's, my teleprompter was on loan to joe biden. i hope he ahhhhhhh doesn't ahhhhhhhhh break it.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Just my own warped philosophy, but the only prize a commander in chief should ever win, is a seat at the front of the line of any conflict their troops are engaging in.

Peace prize my butt!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I saw on BBC that the previous americans to have won the nobel peace prize are, al gore and jimmy carter, these are the likes that I would throw obama in with as well, but not associated with any award. Will obama deserve such an award at the end of his term(s)? maybe, but not from what he's done currently, he hasn't done anything other than give a few speeches, I guess that's all it takes now a days.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by White_Widow

Who else was on that list? Ahaminejad, Kim Jong, Chavez, Osama ?

Those on your list that you hold to be ridiculous are in fact very real contenders for a peace prize that was handed out on merit.

Ahmadinijad has managed to forstall attaempts by the US and Israel to attack his country. He managed to settle a population that had been incited to violence by US and UK intelligence operatives. His strict compliance to NP treaties and inspections has denied those aggressive nations any grounds for attack. By switching to Euro's for oil sales he has removed money from the US that is used to support their aggressive wars. He has spoken at length to the UN supporting peaceful restructuring - and end to aggressive wars, and rejected and rebuked Israel for its human rights abuses, at great personal risk - and risk to his nation.

Yes - Ahmadinijad is very worthy of the peace prize.

Kim Jong Ill - has managed to prevent his country from being invaded and merged with South Korea. He has resisted the provacations of the US - and militarized his nation to such a point that his people are surely safe from attack.

Yes - though not as deserving as Ahmadinijad, his contribution to peace far outstrips any contemporary US president.

Chavez - despite his involvement and leading a failed coup d'etat, he is certainly a contender for the peace prize. His failed coup d'etat resulted only in the loss of 14 lives, all soldiers. His attempt was spurred by a violent repressive crackdown by then president Perez - a plant and lackey of the NWO, divesting Venuzuala of all its oil profits and handing them to the NWO brokers. Once popularly elected, CHavez extended a broad campaign to raise living standards in his country, focussing on improving the lot of the poor. Additionally he resisted the intervention of central banks, placing tough regulations on them. Despite the NWO inciting a strike in the nationlized oil producing company, Chavez was able to peacefully bring oil production back under national control - where money is definitely being used to improve living standards in the country. He has been working closely with many South American countries promoting inter trade and co-operation in an attempt to remove not only his own country, but those surrounding them from under the yoke of the NWO through its principal international agent, the USA.

Yes - Chavez scores high points for peace - far better candidate than Obama.

I would suggest that people who don't understand what the world really is like, go and do some study. The most demonized personalities and places on your media and the ones that have caused the NWO the most trouble and distress. If your media hates them - if in yourself you have been taught to hate them - then they are almost certainly the leaders of freedom and peace in the world.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Wow. I thought this was a hoax when I clicked on it, but I doubt BBC is making things up. I guess Obama joins the likes of Henry Kissinger and Yasser Arafat, neither of whom deserved the Peace Prize, either.

What's even more mind boggling is that Obama would have been nominated before Feb. 1 2009, a MONTH after inauguration. I have to ask, though, what the heck has Obama done for peace? A big fat zero. This just makes absolutely no sense at all, from any angle. Maybe we are supposed to think Obama is awesome after this, but all I can think is that the Nobels are starting to resemble the Oscars in seriousness.

Give Obama a few years. If he pulls out of Iraq and Afghanistan soon, then *maybe* he'd deserve this, but he sure hasn't done anything yet that warrants it.

Mr Obama - woken up with the news early on Friday - said in an address at the White House that he was "surprised and deeply humbled" by the award.

Yeah, we were ALL surprised, Mr. Obama.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
THis award is delivered by the NWO for political purposes, in my view there may be a couple of variations in purpose.

Firstly it is to shore up Obama's international reputation, and that of the US. It is to deflect attention from the ongoing wars - and sell the world that the USA stands for peace.

Secondly and more interestingly - it may herald a new approach to Israel. With the Arab world crumbling at pace away from the US dollar hegemony - with Saudi Arabia even now wriggling and threshing to be out from under the US yoke - the role of Israel as a military deterrent in the region is fading. Israel was created by the NWO in order to enforce the will of the NWO on the local Arab states, forcing them to continue the US dollar hegemony, and providing a military threat in the region.

As the Arab states develop in influence and boldness, Israel is more and more to be seen as a barking dog. Its influence is well and truly usurped by Iran - and its human rights abuses have irrecoverably damaged its international reputation.

Therefore - it may no longer stand as a useful nation of the NWO, in which case further distance between the US and Israel may develop, with the NWO (through the US) applying more gentle political pressures on Arab nations - and trying to shore up old fractures.

Negotiating may have become the NWO's only alternative in the middle east, and they are sure to score a lot of points by cutting Israel loose. This may in fact be a harbinger for a revision of the US/Israeli relationship - and new relationships forged more on a diplomatic and trade basis with Arab nations, rather than the long standing method of direct military threat and intervention.

What future develops in Iraq and Afghanistan within the next 2 years will tell the story far more clearly. A real de-escalation in those countries will indicate a loss of military power by the US and NWO - and therefore more peaceful and equitable relationships may ultimately be forged.

Of course - they may just be setting the table for nuclear war - with Israel as the aggressor, and the US as the saviour by responding and crushing Israel. Whatever - the prize has interesting political connatations.

Of course Obama is a useless piece of turd, and undeserving of any kind of award. Being black should never be political currency - racism should not be tolerated in any circumstance. Actions, not skin color determines a mans worth.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This is my last comment on this thread...hold the applause.

It has been noted that Barack Obama did not know that he had been nominated and had no say in the matter one way or the other so other than just to slam the man...any criticism of him because he won is pointless.

It may very well end up being a Damocles sword for him and more of a hindrance than a help.

As it is with all the hype of the campaign and now this he really is set up to fail since it is damned near impossible for anyone person to live up to...

and this is good since it will keep him humble but is also bad since every action he will make on the world stage will be weighed against the hype and this award.

It will also be a weight attached to our foreign policy and while I personally believe that our military should be used only rarely and only then with overwhelming force to win or not at all...having this award may very well become a weighing point for any action.

All told he may come to rue the day he won and accepted the prize.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Wow, such hate....

What about this?:
that the previous 8 years of Bush/Cheney had the world so fearful of WWW3, that hope is deserving in and of itself? Offering hope is a valuable thing. Go offer hope to an American living in tent city created by Bush policies and see.
And to reference the poster that Bush had been voted out, maybe it's correct? If McCain had been voted in it would have been a vote for the Bush policies of the last 8 years.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre0o0
all i know is that if southern guardian likes it,it has to be wrong.
in all the postings he has made,his unsubstantiated opinions are a reflection of the uneducated southerner. you sir,,you are the one giving the rest of us a bad name. you know the the kind they joke about. forget the ststue of liberty,your avatar ought to be a set of those hillbillie teeth they sell on the internet.

What on earth is the matter with you? Two replies you made to me, completely personal and off topic. Did I say something to offend you personally? Why dont you try to be a big boy and keep the personal grudges outside the topics of debate eh?

ya know,even your back door buddies on msnbc,

I dont look to the media to come to my conclusions spectre. I dont know about you.

SG

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
How does it matter? This prize means nothing...

Like winning and Oscar voted on by a handful of people with a set of opinions. That doesn't necessarily reflect anything, if an Oscar meant anything about film, some indie film genius would win almost every year.

The "Nobel Prize" Pttthhhhhhhhhh

The same people that seriously think this means something are the same people who believe Miss Universe really is the hottest chick on the Planet care about who the "Time Man of the Year is"

Imbeciles mostly

Seriously Yasser Arafat won too... The Nobel Prize today is like watching American idol, if you pay attention for any reason other than to make fun of it your a complete Idiot anyway and headed for a Darwin Award at some point...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZenOnKwalsky
the very first Nobel prize winner who can start WWIII
hope not

besides its quite racist decision

[edit on 9-10-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

Well, actually two other sitting US president won the same prize. Although neither of them had access to nuclear bombs, both "world wars" were fought prior to their invention.

The last sitting U.S. president to win the peace prize was Woodrow Wilson in 1919. The other was Theodore Roosevelt in 1906

Why do you assume he was only given the Nobel Peace prize because he was Black? What is your justification for making such a statement?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
How ironic that the leader of the country that is waging 2 wars, has no intention of ending either of them, has fallen short on his promise to close Guantanamo Bay wins the Nobel Peace Prize.

He promised to close Guantanamo within a year. It has not been a year. So, he hasn't fallen short on this promise. You can't instantly close a prison as it is full of people who need to go somewhere. Also, he has set a pullout deadline for Iraq already.

What is the point of making up fake promises that you claim Obama hasn't fulfilled? Don't you think we have full access to the internet? Every word the man has said is online.

If you're going to make an assertion about what the man has said in the past, why not include a source for that assertion?

[edit on 10-10-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Maybe if he had actually pulled the troops out of Iraq like he said he would instead of fueling it even more, Sorry IMHO he does not qualify. This is an insult to all who have won it before him. Degrading the Nobel peace prize its self.
[edit on 9-10-2009 by calstorm]

Another person who assumes that people who read his comment have no access to the internet to check his facts. Why don't you provide a source for your claim that he said he would instantly pull out the troops?

Obama says 16 months during campaign

December 2008 - New York Times

But as he moves closer to the White House, President-elect Obama is making clearer than ever that tens of thousands of American troops will be left behind in Iraq, even if he can make good on his campaign promise to pull all combat forces out within 16 months.

“I said that I would remove our combat troops from Iraq in 16 months, with the understanding that it might be necessary — likely to be necessary — to maintain a residual force to provide potential training, logistical support, to protect our civilians in Iraq,” Mr. Obama said this week as he introduced his national security team.

Publicly at least, Mr. Obama has not set a firm number for that “residual force,” a phrase certain to become central to the debate on the way ahead in Iraq, though one of his national security advisers, Richard Danzig, said during the campaign that it could amount to 30,000 to 55,000 troops. Nor has Mr. Obama laid out any timetable beyond 16 months for troop drawdowns, or suggested when he believes a time might come for a declaration that the war is over.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This is about History books of the future;

either the Nobel Committee or obama wants to be mentioned in the history books;

the school children of the future 100 years from now will probably look up all the video footage and be like; why did he win a Nobel?

All he did was
1 Brainwashed a whole country for 2 to 3 years with constant bombardment to vote for him using the mainstream media
2. Sent more troops to other countries to wage war
3. More government bailouts to deepen the depression
4. Pushed a 'criminal extortion type' of health care, where if you dont buy 'health insurance' from the government you have to pay 2000 dollars or go to jail
5. Keeps totally ignoring and disrespecting the 2nd amendment of the constitution by trying to take everyone's guns away
6. Released swine flu and then tried to vaccinate everyone

[edit on 10-10-2009 by DjSharperimage]

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join