It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Obviously the Nobel commite belives Obama deserves the price. And even if you feel he doesnt, why blame him? It's not his fault he receives one of the worlds most prestigious prices, is it?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

hmm I dunno either,. I'll say it again!

EXCUSE ME WHILE I GO PUKE!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 9-10-2009 by itsblownbackbaby]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tatersalad
reply to post by David9176

very well said, love people acting like they are so intelligent stringing the trumpets along, but forgetting that if we are in war and this leader is commander and chief to this blood shed then how in sam hill is he awarded this humanitarian award. but again, i see ignorance is bliss!

"War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength."
-George Orwell, 1984

I often wonder if Orwell thought of himself as a futurist or a prophet in any way, or if someone out there is following his novel as a guide.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shades1035
Obviously the Nobel commite belives Obama deserves the price. And even if you feel he doesnt, why blame him? It's not his fault he receives one of the worlds most prestigious prices, is it?

that is entirely true, we should criticize the commission for such a bad decision. Now is there a list somewhere of the people who made this choice? I am sure we will all be glad to know who are the individuals to blame for wasting a once-upon--a-time prestigious award (which lost all it's credibility in my eyes now).

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Doesn't matter what anyone says, the Nobel Peace Prize is fixed. Gandhi never won it, and Obama did? Just because he had a clever PR department?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by itsblownbackbaby

not sure why this happened to you but after i heard this revelation this morning i am right with you. my last quote is i take it the noble peace prize from now on will be a lower than expectation award. as it has no credibility and the other people that could of been awarded it will not be told to the public for another 50 years.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by newworld

Originally posted by Shades1035

that is entirely true, we should criticize the commission for such a bad decision. Now is there a list somewhere of the people who made this choice? I am sure we will all be glad to know who are the individuals to blame for wasting a once-upon--a-time prestigious award (which lost all it's credibility in my eyes now).

Yeah, but a honorable man would know he doesn't deserve it. An honorable man, would say thanks but no thanks...

Seems to me, This guy is being built up (has been built up) to a superman. The president of the World. The man has the ability to make true acts of peace, but doesn't.... Two wars, with one on the horizon. He has the ability to end both, and stop the third. Yet, despite claims on the campaign trail continues with the wars...

HOW IS THIS PEACE?

This is a sham. Blame the committee or not. It doesn't make any sense.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
When Nobel made his will, Norway was part of the Swedish monarchy.
To keep all political influence out of the Peace Prize decision-finding Nobel
stipulated that this award be bestowed in Oslo/Norway, away from the
politics in the Swedish government.
That is why neither the Norwegian, nor the Swedish king are conferring the
prize in Oslo, although the kings might/will be present. The president of
the panel will have the honor.

Please, members of this forum, do not put any blame on the Swedes.

All other Nobel prizes, of course, are awarded in Stockholm/Sweden.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Wow 34 pages!

Rather than waste the time reading what I already know is there, I'll just add a comment on what I'd already found on this.

He was in office two weeks when he was nominated. His nomination was supposed to be based on things he had accomplished before the nomination. So he had done nothing.

He won based on a speech somebody else wrote and he read that he made very recently.

Who nominated him and voted for him is kept secret for 50 years unless they come forward on their own.

This prize only goes to people on the left historically. Reagan who ended the cold war was not even nominated.

He is going to fly there to pick up the prize. His trip will be paid for by the taxpayers. He is donating the prize to charity (any bets its one of his friends
). It would be cheaper to give him the money ourselves and he stays here.

Yasar Arafat split the prize. Arafat was responsible for countless deaths and acts of Terrorism and routinely assassinated his opponents.

My conclusion? This prize is meaningless and political. There is no real pride in receiving it. A credible person would refuse it.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by afterschoolfun
Doesn't matter what anyone says, the Nobel Peace Prize is fixed. Gandhi never won it, and Obama did? Just because he had a clever PR department?

Ah come on
Surely Arafat makes up for Ghandi? He was a real sweetheart who never hurt anyone and helped make the world a better place.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Okay first of all...I want royalties on my material.

Second, after thinking about it most of the day I have two thoughts that I can't hold onto anymore while I catch up with this ridiculously big thread:

One - Obama can't help that he was nominated and won. Although, I am now intensely interested in the nomination process and hope desperately it's not as complicated as birth certificates, etc...

Second, I think it is an attempt at emotional black-mail by European elites (read Bilderbergers, Illuminati, whoever...) who wish to influence American foreign policy during increasingly unpredictable and complicated times.

I genuinely like Obama and feel for how embarrassing this entire spectacle must be. Awkward...

If anyone of any influence reads this hear my plea! I hope he donates all of the money to some worthy global, humanitarian relief organization and sticks to his oath of office and the Constitution! Do not be swayed by global cabals.

Now back to reading...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The weaker people of the world need a hero. Grant them their hero for goodness sake. What is it with you people???

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Skyfloating]

Obviously you have A LOT to learn about what a true hero is and how heroes are made because simply saying "Have Obama be our hero, whether right or wrong" is NOT how it's done. If you need a lesson on that, maybe I can rummage through all my things and look up on the history of my grandfather, a WW2 vet who sacrificed himself for his country.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Hitemhard]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by David9176
Definitely ridiculous. We are fighting in IRAQ, PAKISTAN, and AFGHANISTAN. How in the world does someone get a Nobel Peace Prize when fighting a war?

David, have you read the qualifications for the award? It's not awarded for people who bring peace. I'm afraid so many people have that idea stuck in their heads and that's why they don't get this at all and think it's insane.

It's awarded to visionaries. People with vision, courage and determination. You HAVE to consider what the prize is about and not assume that it's given only to someone who is a peacenik or bringer of peace. Maybe the name should be changed to the Nobel Visionary award.

Ahh there is more to it than that - it has to rely on Action also. Not just vision. Or billions of people are neglected for theirs.

Just being elected and bellowing catchphrases the people want to hear, isn't action - it's - IMO - self gratifying behavior.

Great people DO great things; speaking them only applies if those words cause great actions.

I have said I probably wouldn't have awarded it to him, but I definitely understand why the committee did.

My post here covers my understanding of why he got it.

His vision should be complimented, but the award should stand for achievement not intent.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I genuinely like Obama and feel for how embarrassing this entire spectacle must be. Awkward...

I agree. I think he is actually dumbfounded...not to mention that this puts TONS of pressure on him...especially in regards to troops in Afghanistan.

Some Republicans are noticing that and are actually being a tad bit easier on criticism than normal.

The award itself is absolutely ridiculous though.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

Originally posted by Zebra777
Why doesn't Obama deserve the Nobel Prize for Peace at all?

Because :

1) He choosed Joe Biden as his runing mate and Joe Biden has been one of the earliest and staunchest advocate of the military invasion and occupation of Iraq.

2) He choosed Hillary Clinton as his Foreign Secretary and she had been one of the staunchest supporter of the invasion of Iraq.

3) He recently congratulated the US troops in Baghdad for "getting rid of Saddam Hussein" (in his own words) proving by this statement that he actually fully endorsed this war and its goal of regime change.

4) His Vice-president Joe Biden called Saddam Hussein a "son of a bitch rolling in his own grave" during a recent trip in Baghdad.

5) He escalated the war in Afghanistan.

6) He expanded the war on terror into Pakistan immediately upon taking office and killed since countless people in this country with drones.

7) He expanded the war on terror into Somalia by recently ordering the killing of some "suspects" there.

Dont agree with you in above points.

8) He shielded Israel's nuclear arsenal and activities from any inspections or treaties.

9) He does nothing to block illegal Israeli settlements expansion in the West Bank.

10) He praised Tony Blair's leadership and presented him as an example to follow.

Agree with you on these.

Well if you agree with point 10 I just don't understand why you don't agree with point 1 to 7.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
really

if you dont believe somebody bought this prize to obama ...

YOU are crazy

sorry but thats the truth ... why the heck would obama receive the prize? please ?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Something about this unsettles me, but not in the way you'd think. He's painted as a hero, the greatest thing since before sliced bread. But he hasn't really done all that much. We all know that. But the way he's portrayed...
I think he will be assasinated.
And then live on in everyone else's memories as this incredible...
I don't know why. I don't know what the point of it is. But you don't treat living people like that. (Except for NPP, those aren't given out posthumously) And so I think he will be killed. Sooner rather than later; they can't keep this up forever.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

There you go, no doubt next they will be dishing out Nobel prizes to winners of the X Factor.

This has to be a blag

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle

Originally posted by Zebra777
Why doesn't Obama deserve the Nobel Prize for Peace at all?

Because :

1) He choosed Joe Biden as his runing mate and Joe Biden has been one of the earliest and staunchest advocate of the military invasion and occupation of Iraq.

2) He choosed Hillary Clinton as his Foreign Secretary and she had been one of the staunchest supporter of the invasion of Iraq.

Now if only people werent chained to their opinions and had the ability to change them!

3) He recently congratulated the US troops in Baghdad for "getting rid of Saddam Hussein" (in his own words) proving by this statement that he actually fully endorsed this war and its goal of regime change.

Im not sure if there was more of that speech to the US troops that Im missing, but congratulating them for that doesnt say to me that he fully endorsed the war. I dont support the war, but I still think its good that Saddam Hussein has been 'gotten rid of'.

Well the point is that the alleged anti-Iraq war candidate surrounded himself with pro-Iraq war hawks. This does not smell very good, doesn't it ?

As for thinking it is good Saddam Hussein has been removed, well this is an endorsement of the war on Iraq as Saddam Hussein has been removed only through this mean and no other as far as I am aware.

Obama is a warmonger who portrays as a peace champion and the Nobel Prize Comittee has acted big time to vehiculate that hoax one step further IMO.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
strange i have seen a lot of people on this thread call it a price instead of prize.
funny they may be the ones typing it right. I think there was a price for this. Not sure what we are going to have to pay. We will see. I doubt we will like the price.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join