It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I would like to believe that is what Obama is all about, but I don't. I think he will spend a lot of time attempting to put a little bit of the toothpaste that Bush squirted all over the place, back into the tube, but it will be mostly cosmetic, sprucing up America's international profile in a hygenic sense.

I think Obama is happy with the world he inherited from Bush, with the possible exception of the financial mess that arose out of deregulation of the financial services industry.

Obama puts a charming face on the New World Order. Much of the world has bought the "hope" slogan, but I don't think Obama will deliver anything substantive.

If he reformed health care in America, that would be major. He may get that done. If he does, he will be a significant president.

On the international scene there are huge resource scarcity issues looming. Obama gives no sign of pursuing a collegial approach with other countries to solve these issues. Bush set the American course of action with respect to those issues and Obama hasn't changed it.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tatersalad
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

the man has not completed one campaign promise thus far.

There ya go with another lie; here, in the name of truth and facts allow me to debunk you

The Obameter Scorecard

* Promise Kept 47

* Compromise 12

* Promise Broken 7

* Stalled 12

* In the Works 117

* No Action 320
Source: www.politifact.com...
Now with that done, you are free to carry on your gibberish.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
More troops to Afghanistan in no way means you are a man of peace. I mean come on! This is absolutely ridiculous.

I am still in a state of shock over this. It is just doesn't compute with my brain.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

Originally posted by whatukno
I wonder what the president will do with the $1.4 million in prize money he gets for winning the peace prize?

This is a shocker! I don't know what to think.

He now has a way to pay off the lawyers blocking all the court cases looking into his birth status/certificate without spending the taxpayer's money to do it.

Or maybe he'll pay off one of his cabinet member's back taxes

OR MAYBE IF WE'RE LUCKY HE'LL BUY A FRIGGING CLUE?

second line....

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I wonder what the president will do with the $1.4 million in prize money he gets for winning the peace prize?

This is a shocker! I don't know what to think.

Keep it. It's not tax payers money, so he has no intention of sharing it freely.

The nobel piece prize, everyone gets a slice these days.

edit -

Holy crap, this thread is burrowing down fast, 34 pages - I had no idea.. Wow.. Lol

[edit on 9/10/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
Keep it. It's not tax payers money, so he has no intention of sharing it freely.

Actually, he's already announced that he will be donating all of it to various charities.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zebra777
Why doesn't Obama deserve the Nobel Prize for Peace at all?

Because :

1) He choosed Joe Biden as his runing mate and Joe Biden has been one of the earliest and staunchest advocate of the military invasion and occupation of Iraq.

2) He choosed Hillary Clinton as his Foreign Secretary and she had been one of the staunchest supporter of the invasion of Iraq.

3) He recently congratulated the US troops in Baghdad for "getting rid of Saddam Hussein" (in his own words) proving by this statement that he actually fully endorsed this war and its goal of regime change.

4) His Vice-president Joe Biden called Saddam Hussein a "son of a bitch rolling in his own grave" during a recent trip in Baghdad.

5) He escalated the war in Afghanistan.

6) He expanded the war on terror into Pakistan immediately upon taking office and killed since countless people in this country with drones.

7) He expanded the war on terror into Somalia by recently ordering the killing of some "suspects" there.

Dont agree with you in above points.

8) He shielded Israel's nuclear arsenal and activities from any inspections or treaties.

9) He does nothing to block illegal Israeli settlements expansion in the West Bank.

10) He praised Tony Blair's leadership and presented him as an example to follow.

Agree with you on these.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

Actually, he's already announced that he will be donating all of it to various charities.

Really?

Hrmm.. I don't see why he received this award, and I don't particularly care for the man, but that is commendable.

Have to wonder however, if the heat of the spotlight is a factor in that decision.

Still, if thats how it goes, thats a good thing!

*eats words*

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by talisman

More troops to Afghanistan in no way means you are a man of peace. I mean come on! This is absolutely ridiculous. I am still in a state of shock over this. It is just doesn't compute with my brain.

Definitely ridiculous. We are fighting in IRAQ, PAKISTAN, and AFGHANISTAN. How in the world does someone get a Nobel Peace Prize when fighting a war?

It's insane people. It makes no sense whatsoever.

He's made some good speeches preaching peace...yes......but in the background soldiers and innocent people are dying.

Any man running a war...regardless if he started it or not...should never get an award for peace. Might as well give Bush one while they are at it.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Definitely ridiculous. We are fighting in IRAQ, PAKISTAN, and AFGHANISTAN. How in the world does someone get a Nobel Peace Prize when fighting a war?

David, have you read the qualifications for the award? It's not awarded for people who bring peace. I'm afraid so many people have that idea stuck in their heads and that's why they don't get this at all and think it's insane.

It's awarded to visionaries. People with vision, courage and determination. You HAVE to consider what the prize is about and not assume that it's given only to someone who is a peacenik or bringer of peace. Maybe the name should be changed to the Nobel Visionary award.

I have said I probably wouldn't have awarded it to him, but I definitely understand why the committee did.

My post here covers my understanding of why he got it.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Another vile NWO move designed to sway public opinion and nothing more - all those kinds of awards are always handed out by the NWO anyway.

Scum and vile scum - and Obama as the modest hero of the day - carrying on killing hither and thither.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
they used to give this award for things people have done... not things people said they we're going to do...

If you ask me, this is just a publicity stunt to make the public favor obama. TPTB are scared people are starting to see that nothing is changing, only getting worse. I'm sure the saturday night live skit didn't help any.

Obama... still hoping... not.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zebra777
Why doesn't Obama deserve the Nobel Prize for Peace at all?

Because :

1) He choosed Joe Biden as his runing mate and Joe Biden has been one of the earliest and staunchest advocate of the military invasion and occupation of Iraq.

2) He choosed Hillary Clinton as his Foreign Secretary and she had been one of the staunchest supporter of the invasion of Iraq.

Now if only people werent chained to their opinions and had the ability to change them!

3) He recently congratulated the US troops in Baghdad for "getting rid of Saddam Hussein" (in his own words) proving by this statement that he actually fully endorsed this war and its goal of regime change.

Im not sure if there was more of that speech to the US troops that Im missing, but congratulating them for that doesnt say to me that he fully endorsed the war. I dont support the war, but I still think its good that Saddam Hussein has been 'gotten rid of'.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
BWAHAHAHAH! I didn't know that tehy were starting to give out Nobel prizes like "participation trophies"
"Here you go little Barack, you may not have gotten first prize, but here's a trophy for participating"

What a joke! They're not even giving him a prize because of him actually accomplished ANYTHING, but because of his EFFORTS? As in... "Well, at least he's trying"? What kind of bizarro world is this where mediocrity is rewarded like this?

I know... I'm trying to learn to play the guitar right now... how about the Nobel committee send me a medal, as well as a big fat check because of my efforts in pursuing the art of music? Not good enough? Why then? Because I'm white, and not a president, therefore my efforts don't count? Ok, got it. I guess I'll take my white A** somewhere else then.

Honestly, they've sunked REALLY low when they have to start giving awards to somebody just because "Well at least he's putting the effort". What happened? They didn't have any brilliant mathematicians or physics professors to choose from? (Yes, I'm aware they award prizes for more than just peace efforts, unless I'm thinking of another award) What about other charity organizations? I know there are several out there that go out every day to feed the hungry, cure the sick, and even educate the illiterate in poor countries, why aren't they being given any prizes for bringing peace of mind to poor people, and making a REAL impact in people's lives? Why does this schmuck get one when he obviously doesn't even deserve it? Heck even he himself admitted he doesn't deserve it. I say take it away and give it to someone else.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm not attacking Obama himself for the award...which many will turn that into or try to do.

Everyone has a vision for Peace. You do..I do...even Hitler did after he wiped everyone off the map as you can say any person who wants to dominate is for peace.....just under their own rule.

I am just of deserving of an award as he is...and that's the whole point. If I, being the anti-war guy I am, became President of the USA and kept the war going, I wouldn't be worthy of it either.

It trumps everything. He ends the wars and comes to a peaceful resolution...then HELL YES...AWESOME....give him 10,000 awards. He'd deserve them all...absolutely....I'd praise him to no end on that.

It should be not about how you want to make the world better...but what you have done to realize that vision.

He hasn't done much (in action) and I don't think his administration is honest with the public...just as Bush's was not trustworthy.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I`m afraid that I was wrong to think that he was a courageous choice of leader, he is just another willing pawn of the N.W.O. shame on him and everyone who was simple enough to swallow the underdog story, ultimatly we will all pay the price for being so nieve.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I'm not attacking Obama himself for the award...

Oh, I know.
And many think that because I post something, I'm defending Obama. I'm not.
I was just trying to explain why I think he got it and why the committee thinks he deserved it. Just trying to help.

It should be not about how you want to make the world better...but what you have done to realize that vision.

It's about what it's about. We can all say what we think it should be about, but it's the committee that makes the decision.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Obama being in power only 12 days before the deadline for the nominations
ended, does not mean that the panel had only those 12 days to base their
decision on. His actions and speeches were certainly very closely observed
until shortly before the announcement.
He did not turn in his own nomination. Only members of any government,
professors of universities of the faculties theology, social sciences, and
other pertinent branches, and former Nobel Prize winners can nominate.
Why don´t you ask Mr. Kissinger ?

You are asking too much, in too short a time of your president to disentangle
those wars.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

very well said, love people acting like they are so intelligent stringing the trumpets along, but forgetting that if we are in war and this leader is commander and chief to this blood shed then how in sam hill is he awarded this humanitarian award. but again, i see ignorance is bliss!

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join