It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tatersalad
you have a great way of getting out of your statements. i asked you, YOU. WHAT HAS OBAMA DONE TO DESERVE THIS?

And I answered you. THe award is not given to people because they have DONE anything. It's about their vision, courage and determination, which I elaborated on here.

Originally posted by Mind1universe
So if I start a war, can I get a peace prize?

I find it a bit creepy how many responses talk about the war that Obama started... That's just weird...

Originally posted by mikerussellus
And anyone here is going to say it was for his actions?

No one is saying that. I have tried to illustrate the qualifications of the prize, according to the committee, but people continue to screech, "What has he DONE???"

Originally posted by DataWraith
Sorry but I hate to say it and before you start flaming, I actually agree with the comments from the Jihadists and Taliban on this.

Most people in this thread do, it appears. Doesn't that give you some pause?

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
I can't believe how McCain responded though!

Got a link? Or some info?

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
The Nobel prize has historically been given, not just to honor accomplishments, but to ENCOURAGE ideas and movements.

A point that, no matter how many times is mentioned here, gets ignored.
Ignored. Ignorance. Deny Ignorance... Deny truth, deny facts, deny reality...

Originally posted by whatukno
This guy could make peace all over the earth, end all wars, end famine, disease, and poverty and there will be people that hate him and poo poo him for it because it is him that did it.

Exactly. And this hatred knows no political party, just as it knows no logic or bounds.

Originally posted by oneclickaway
Sure, so you have read, researched and understood that he was nominated within two weeks of taking office, and possibly before he took office, before he had done any work towards international diplomacy?

This is not a "best president" award. This is not for accomplishments as president. This is bigger than the USA. This is the world. This is for his vision, his determination and courage. Not his presidency. I don't get what's so hard to understand about that.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredMcWoozy
WHAT THE HECK.

let me quote the headlines from drudge.

White House Aide: 'It's Not April 1st, Is It?'..."

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

A great illustration of the ignorance on this thread BH!

Thank you for detailing that for us all!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm surprised. But not in the good way.

I admit that he's making some efforts to reduce the ammount of nuclear weapons around the world, and that's a good thing, but that didn't happened yet. And i don't believe it will, but...

I can't believe that. Really. Alfred Nobel must be rolling on his grave.

Does anyone have a list of the indicated of this year? I don't have time to look right now.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by oneclickaway
I am just sick at the $1.4 million this criminally inclined narcissist has won.

Don't be, it's really a drop in the bucket for him. It amounts to nothing more than someone giving you $20 on the street. It's not the money that matters, it's the power and influence, which results in money. Basides, he'll be a good sport and most likely give the money away to charities, you'll see. He'll have to in order to save face.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Canslli

The Award is given to those who inspire others and to acknowledge those movements the Nobel Committee believe there should be more of.

Alfred Nobel, the Dynamite King, would definitely support this award.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Please check my link at the bottom of the previous page (Page 21) and tell me, how is that possible? Giving the prize to Obama is a fraud. It's clear and solid.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Sharrow]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

So you're all for giving the PEACE prize to the man currently running TWO ILLEGAL WARS, who is about to up the number of troops in Afghanistan and contemplating involvement in a third war? War is Peace, huh?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
APRIL FOOLS!!!!

Wait...it is not April. Darn it!

link   
reply to post by Sharrow

I simply don't agree with you.

I am excited about this for him and for the USA!

link   
The nominating deadline for the Nobel Committee's consideration was February 1, 2009. Obama had only been in office for 10 days.

Sigh.

Once again, this proves the Nobel Peace Prize is a joke. I mean, after Arafat (sp?) won it. Reagan helped end the Cold War and didn't get one, and W didn't get one for all the money he dumped into Africa for AIDS treatments (which everyone here has forgotten about.)

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Maybe Alfred Nobel rolling on his grave wasn't a good thing to say.

But still, i think that between the indicated this year must be one person that deserves more than him.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
He totally deserves this award. I mean just because he was nominated 9 days into his term doesn't mean jack. Just because he hasn't achieved any of the goals he won the award for doesn't mean he didn't EARN it. He EARNED it by being elected and giving speeches so back off all you wingbats. His vision of the world is so much more deserving of the prize than Bush and his vision of a middle east free of dictatorships. No comparison. Him apologizing for what makes America America sealed the deal IMO, great job.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
The nominating deadline for the Nobel Committee's consideration was February 1, 2009. Obama had only been in office for 10 days.

If the prize was awarded for "best president", you might have a point, As it is, you don't.

link   

Originally posted by Exemplar

So you're all for giving the PEACE prize to the man currently running TWO ILLEGAL WARS, who is about to up the number of troops in Afghanistan and contemplating involvement in a third war? War is Peace, huh?

First of all... Having inherited the wars, he's doing what he can to get us out. Have you noticed the HUGE gap between the generals who want to have more troops in Afghanistan and what Obama thinks should actually happen?

Second of all... I believe his tact toward diplomacy is what this world needs more of. So yes, on that alone, I believe he deserves it.

link   

And why do you not agree? Because they offered this award to someone who was in office for 11 days when the nominations are closed? What did he achieved between January 20 and February 1? Nothing at all.

The nominations of this Nobel Prize was closed in February 1, when Obama was in office for 11 days. How anyone was able to nominate him for nothing?

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Sharrow]

link   
Tears of Joy!
The New World Order outs itself by being far too profane!

I want the T-shirt copyright.
Nobel isn't Noble!

The New World Order just called mankind retarded
What say you World!

Reams, volumes of material for 911 truth, the rotting corpse of western civilization and the parasitic vampires in control of it.

Nah, this is big, this is huge!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla

Israel might start a war with Iran, not America.

Well, at least publicly speaking.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

If the prize was awarded for "best president", you might have a point, As it is, you don't.

Oh, so it's going for the tremendous work he did as a US Senator? Right. Sorry, I must have missed all his accomplishments while he held that office.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

The point is, he had done absolutely nothing at the time that he was nominated. Are you even reading?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join