It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Bombeni

Sorry Bimbeni, my religion is my own, I keep it close to the vest.

Believing that Obama is the Anti-Christ is not a religion, it's not even a cult.

Show me where I said I believed it? I simply posted the shocking similarities

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Nassim Haramein]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
Theres a vote if he deserved it or not. Its on Msnbc. Its about 62% say no at the moment. Poll at Msnbc

It's not so much a reflection on him - but the Nobel Peace Prize process and it's political bias, manipulation and interference.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
According to the DNC, if you don't agree that Obama deserves this award, you're in league with Hammas and terrorists.

I'm not sure that everyone disagreeing with the Prize given to Obama sides with Hamas etc, but those who cheered and gloated over him failing to bring the Olympics to Chicago may be of that kind, so it seems.

It almost seems irrelevant what happens to Mr.Obama, whether he succeeds or fails, whether it's good for America or otherwise, the right wing will always spin it in most negative way. Had he won the Olympics bid, they'd be screaming it was all wrong. He did not, and now they are chuckling because apparently his personal charms and influence were not enough to achieve this.

Same happens here. Our nation is honored, and it's still wrong.

link   
Let's say that by some chance there is no such thing as the NWO or the Illuminati...

The Nobel prize has historically been given, not just to honor accomplishments, but to ENCOURAGE ideas and movements.

link   
This is a great day for America.

Why are so many on here tearing America down with their complaints?

link   
This is outrageous!! What is going on here? This is a set up man. Enough is enough already with this! I can't believe my eyes.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Why did he deserve this?

WHAT DID HE DO!?!

WE STILL TORTURE IN GITMO!?

MORE TROOPS ARE BEING SENT TO AFGAN!

Our nation is not a peace but our leader won the peace prize.

UNFREAKING REAL...Whoda thunk bombing the moon would earn the leader a peace prize.???

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
While I feel Obama may mean well and is less a puppet than some of his predecessors, he is still mired in lobbyist and congressional stonewalling of those few of his initiatives ith which I agree, and I do not feel that he is deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize. Granted, I disagree with many of its winners, so that is by no means limited to him.

It just doesn't make sense to me for the president of a nation engaged in two wars, who took office less than two weeks before he was nominated for this award, to be bestowed the Nobel PEACE Prize. Just my personal opinion.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Folks, I know without reading what will be said; "The PTB is earnest to make Obama (their agent), look good."

As a Progressive who voted for Obama -- I'm totally disappointed in his peace efforts, even if I never really thought anyone could stand up to our for-profit military. He didn't go on a trip to Belgium to beg for Chicago's Olympics -- he went to talk to that war lover General McKrystal and deal with Afghanistan. Asking for the Olympics was just a throw away, and there was no chance we were going to get it since South America NEVER has. But he had to try.

So very few people are going to say; "Look, Obama is doing Great -- he won the Nobel Prize!" Of course, idiots in the media might -- you never know what their reality in their pocket dimension is going to be and what they find reasonable. If I made $1 Mill a year and lived in a country club and had my kids going to the same day care as the Senator's kids, maybe I would know as well.

Obama has done nothing to get the Nobel Prize. It is not some scheme by the powers that be or the UN -- because it is stupid and not going to be swallowed by the masses anyway.

I can easily explain WHY the Nobel Prize committee probably awarded it. They are NOT in the US, and likely, everybody was crapping their pants as the village idiot; George Bush, pranced around the globe talking of Holy Wars. Now that the cowboy with a hair trigger and a hair brain is gone -- the world has breathed a sigh of relief. We are not out of the woods by a long shot -- especially with a certain group that thinks it can bomb a nuclear reactor in Iran and the down-wind Russians won't mind. But to the world at least, the parade of Fools is off the stage.

For just sounding reasonable, and saying "diplomacy" three times -- Obama has, from the European point of view, made the world seem less crazy. The Nobel Prize, such as it is, is being awarded for the reduction in fear -- not for any great acts.

>> So I hope that has explained it for everyone. Maybe you just need to send $1 Million to the right PO Box to get a Nobel Prize -- but I wouldn't know about that.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

If you researched you will find it is because of his work toward international diplomacy.

They are enforcing what they feel the world needs for peace.

Reading is fundamental to understand context.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
UNFREAKING REAL...Whoda thunk bombing the moon would earn the leader a peace prize.???

Unbeknownst to us the moon people were amassing an invasion force right there near that crater. Our pre-preemptive strike against the moon threat saved all of humanity from slave laboring the vast green-cheese mines.

For this Obama was rewarded.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

I dunno... I think that his work towards diplomacy are incredibly laudable...

And evidently I'm not alone... Because he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

:-)

I love it!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Because it's Obama that did it. Anything this president does or accomplishes will be looked at as a failure by certain people.

This guy could make peace all over the earth, end all wars, end famine, disease, and poverty and there will be people that hate him and poo poo him for it because it is him that did it.

It doesn't matter.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Good point... if it was discovered he could walk on water, others would say it's because he can't swim.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

No kidding! "I'll do everything I can to stop nuclear weapons from being developed (but keep the stockpiles we have...just in case) including, starting a war with Iran. But only if I have to. Thanks for the PEACE prize to encourage me to start a WAR if necessary."

Good grief. What the hell is wrong with that committee? How many deaths are on his hands now? He may not have started these wars but he sure as hell is perpetuating them.

I'm just beside myself right now. Especially after learning the scumbags that have received this prize in the past. How can you give a prize to Mother Theresa AND Henry Kissinger?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Besides spitting coffee all over my Mac, it's WAY too early in the day to be dealing with such "news..."
I am in shock.
Can they possibly BE any more ridiculous?

link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Because it's Obama that did it. Anything this president does or accomplishes will be looked at as a failure by certain people.

This guy could make peace all over the earth, end all wars, end famine, disease, and poverty and there will be people that hate him and poo poo him for it because it is him that did it.

It doesn't matter.

No... it's because he's not working towards that and he HASN'T done anything close to 'peace' to even be considered. Actions speak louder than the words he speaks off his teleprompter. If anything the teleprompter should of won the noble peace prize..

what a goddamn joke.

link   
reply to post by nunya13

There is nothing wrong with the committee. They awarded it to him for his work toward international diplomacy. It is what they want to see more of, and thus they gave their award.

Rather on point if you ask me!

link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by whatukno

Good point... if it was discovered he could walk on water, others would say it's because he can't swim.

...or if he found a cure for cancer, it'd be a calculated blow to insurance industry and a sign of a communist plot with a stalinist twist!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

If you researched you will find it is because of his work toward international diplomacy.

They are enforcing what they feel the world needs for peace.

Reading is fundamental to understand context.

Sure, so you have read, researched and understood that he was nominated within two weeks of taking office, and possibly before he took office, before he had done any work towards international diplomacy? That the short list was made in Feb/March, before he had done any work towards international diplomacy?

I want to know who nominated him, and when.
Was it an avowed communist Professor? Anyone for a beer? Or a previous recipient?
All part of the plan mmm mmm mmm.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join