It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
the swedish commitee made a political decision: The price is not for what he did, but what he will hopefully do in the future. Like a self-fulfilling prophecy: We give you the nobel peace price and from now on, you must prove yourself worthy. If not, people will make fun of you...

Sounds like a futile hope

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Right, I keep forgetting to bash Obama for anything he does. Sorry, I'll certainly try and remember to put more of a bash Obama spin on any future threads about the president.

I'm not sure he deserved to win, but it's nice that the world sees us in a better light than before. Our reputation around the world is severely tarnished by the last administration. Least this president has made an effort to reach out to the world that we live in and make some headway in bettering the US in the eyes of the world.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
What a disgrace to all those that have won this award that deserved it as peace-makers.

I will never take this award seriously again..

link   
I can't believe what I am reading!!! This is absolutely shocking as I read!!

I honestly thought he was going to be amazing and bring change to America but the more I read about him and people's thoughts the more I feel betrayed by his actions.

"Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future," from BBC news.

How can someone who has lied about closing guantanamo camp, lied about withdrawing from Afghanistan and Iraq, lied about the health care system, tried to stop freedom of expression, be awarded with this prestigious accolade. Oh I forgot he was a lawyer right? Just like Tony Blair's professional background and both are politician's. And I have always never trusted either of these professions!

What is that joke from the amazing film Philadelphia?

What do you call 500 lawyers lying on the bottom of the ocean?
Answer: A good start...

I am not an American and feel pity for all those living in these times of change in the united states. Can I make a recommendation, change yourselves from United States to United People of America and stop being tricked, pushed aside by Corporate companies like the big Pharmaceutical, Oil&Gas, Utilities, Defense and Arms Corporations and easily paid off Senate and Congressmen (and Woman).

One person can change the world, make it be yourselves and not Obama or Blair or anyone else who value's power more than individual life!

If I was going to stand up to the powers that be, NWO or anyone else. I would invite as many people as possible to a peaceful demonstration somewhere away from big cities and towns. Tell them to bring their video camera's and 1 note of their currency and film everyone burning that currency on camera and mass upload everyone's recording on all the social networking sites around the world. Basically saying we don't need a monetary system anymore!

Just my aggravated thoughts!
Regards,
E.T

PS - Notice this is the Nobel PEACE prize! What PEACE has Obama achieved to one individual in the world apart from himself!!

BBC NEWS: Asked why the prize had been awarded to Mr Obama less than a year after he took office, Nobel committee head Thorbjoern Jagland said: "It was because we would like to support what he is trying to achieve".

link   
nobelpeaceprize.org...

The committee leader is:

Thorbjørn Jagland

b. 1950.
Chair of the Nobel Committee.
President of the Storting.
President of the Storting. 2005-2009. Prime Minister 1996-1997. Foreign Minister 2000-2001. Member of the Storting 1993-2009.
Member of the Committee since 2009, appointed for the period 2009-2014.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
It's amazing how one man can come out of nowhere to be president and a Nobel peace prize winner in one year.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The world is corrupt!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
People need to do some reading about the Nobel Peace Prize if they find this news shocking.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is named after the father of dynamite, Alfred Nobel. Dynamite was supposedly created to end wars for crying out loud!

The irony that is the Nobel Peace Prize.

Heres a list of winners since 1980 as well...

www.google.com...

I mean, cmon, ADOLF HITLER was recommended people.

Nominations from 1901 to 1955, however, have been released in a database.[6] When the past nominations were released it was discovered that Adolf Hitler was nominated in 1939 by Erik Brandt,

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 9-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I really love how there are around 4 or 5 new threads all with the same topic.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Oh for crying out loud! Why not just award it to one of the Bush clan?

Then again, let's not forget what NOBEL actually is! They made their cabbage on high explosives. With the new Bunker Buster coming out at 30,000 lbs, that's a lot of high explosive!

Good job Obama! The nation thanks you for keeping your bloody promises. The world thanks you for keeping those ill willed a-holes out of their back garden.

Now, with that 1.x million, you should be able to shelter your own brothers in a $250 shack, at least.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Yep, just heard it on the 5:30am news update on the radio. Let us not forget Al Gore as a previous winner for his concerted efforts of being the spokesperson/underwear model for a junk science theory that he did not originate but has come to policy in the Cap and Trade money scam.

I have been to an IKEA, if that furniture is a representation of the Swedish people, then they are definitely a bit odd.

So Obama joins the ranks of Yasser Arafat and Kofi Annan, a known terrorist leader and the former leader of the UN involved the Oil for Food scandal that found a friend not guilty of sexual harassment despite a commission's findings.

So next year should be in the bag for Obama as well, what with the lowered poverty rate in the US due to the poor starving to death in a destroyed economy.

And 2011 for eradicating armed conflict in America. And of course 2012 for introducing the Anti-Christ that brings peace throughout the world, for a bit.

But seriously, was this the consolation prize for not winning the Olympic bid for Chicago?

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

This is a pretty peculiar thing to have occur. Yes, I understand that Obama has inspired the world as well as done alot (or a little depending on who you ask) to help our economy, but can someone who simply inspires "hope" be given such a high standard? People of great minds work their whole lives to try and achieve this and some still do not.

I think this is a total rip off. I inspire hope for the future generations by teaching my kids right and instilling into them the things that will help them be successful and good people. Do I qualify for a Peace Prize?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

You would deserve an award for being a good parent.

I think that it's odd that Obama would be awarded the Nobel peace prize for things they hope he will do.

Ah the power of hope eh?

(is that Obama bashing enough?)

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Haven't you guys been paying attention? War is Peace!

George W. Bush said it best in 2002.

"I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." June 18, 2002

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by theyreadmymind
Haven't you guys been paying attention? War is Peace!

George W. Bush said it best in 2002.

"I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." June 18, 2002

The whole situations is just a mind feck really.

Invade anyone who does not want freedom, to protect freedom.

We must stop the evildoers who would do evil if we did not stop them.

We must get rid of peoples freedoms to protect freedom from the evil ones.

Its better to laugh than cry I guess.

If I made a speech like this where I work, I would probably be sanctioned or even worse I would be fired like everyone else.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I'm so ashamed to live in a country were one of our former primeministers has just given the Nobel Peace Prize to a guy like puppet Obama. He's the worst candidate EVER for such a price.

This makes me so angry! Obama has no peace in mind, and never will have. He can't. He's a puppet.

He will continue to run the agenda of the TPTB (The powers That Be).
Right now, he is about to BOMB THE MOON!!!
And they give him the Nobel Peace Prize!!

Absolutely GREAT!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Hope its not good comparision but they say that in the 30thies Nobel Prize Jury were near giwing that prize to Adolf Hitler for the "peacefull" solution of conflict about Czechoslowakia...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Pretty shocking win. Obama hasn't even been President a year and has actually hasn't done anything. I am not a republican or a Democrat i know that the global elite control both parties.

That being said even looking at this from a mainstream simpleton standpoint he should not be getting this award. I know a lot of right wingers would throw around that Obama hasn't done anything but the sad thing is he really hasn't like nothing at all.

This will backfire badly. I expect him to give the winnings to Charity even if it will be a tax right off even if all the charities are corrupt also and don't really help anyone but the execs that run them.

There is no way i can even express adequately how typical and sad this is. Maybe this is the NWO way of telling us go f yourselves we do whatever we want these awards are for us not you so stfu.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Beefcake]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
George W. Bush was nominated, if I'm correct. If he would have received the prize, ok, I would be astonished.

I'm surprised to see all the negative reactions, because if somebody did promote worldpeace, it's definitely Obama, taking a new course in foreign policy. Perhaps him winning the prize could also be explained as the relieved reaction after 8 years of war mongering and dividing people under Bush.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose
This is such wonderful news for America! What an outstanding way to acknowledge our President! I am so proud of America and her President right now! What a change from just 10 months ago!!

Good for Obama!! Now maybe more Americans will see what the rest of the world thinks of our President.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee said Obama was honored for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

Barack Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

[edit on 9-10-2009 by yankeerose]

ARE YOU KIDDING ME
CAN ANYBODY SAY NWO

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join