It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Bombeni

I wish I were god, doesn't make me so.

My faith is something that I keep pretty private, suffice to say that I do believe in a god, not the biblical one, but a god.

The Obama Anti Christ thing just cracks me up.

Well you were awfully quick to try to embarrass and discredit another member who politely posted his belief. But you were just doing it in good humor, ok. Tell us, what exactly is your belief? Let us, in good humor, discuss it. It'll be fun, promise not to try to humiliate you or run you off from ats. [snip]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I've just learned the Peace Prize is basically a joke. People like Henry Kissenger have won the prize.

How ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

"The Republican Party has thrown in its lot with the terrorists -- the Taliban and Hamas this morning -- in criticizing the President for receiving the Nobel Peace prize," wrote DNC Communications Director Brad Woodhouse. "Republicans cheered when America failed to land the Olympics and now they are criticizing the President of the United States for receiving the Nobel Peace prize -- an award he did not seek but that is nonetheless an honor in which every American can take great pride -- unless of course you are the Republican Party. The 2009 version of the Republican Party has no boundaries, has no shame and has proved that they will put politics above patriotism at every turn. It's no wonder only 20 percent of Americans admit to being Republicans anymore - it's an embarrassing label to claim."

The Link

While I have mixed emotions I agree with the above sentiment. So much of the back lash we are seeing is a result of the petty antics of a dying party. It is both sad and embarrassing.

link   
Just when I thought that a Nobel Prize couldn't be more worthless after Al Gore won...

This is an insult to any past winners who actually ACHIEVED something and didn't win simply because of who they were.

link   
Obama's talking right now.

He admits he doesn't deserve it but yet doesn't have the Gonads to turn it down.

When is he going to release that the day nukes came out of the box was the day it couldn't go back in the box?

he says the award must be shared but will no doubt be in Obama's possession.

This is a sham and he has lost a lot of respect in the world for accepting it IMO.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well, Obama just spoke to the news conference. Not only did he not do the right thing by declining. He actually did a little saber rattling on US position to not allow countries to pursue Nuclear Weapons---Catch that Iran? North Korea?

Keep up the work Nobel Committee.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

"I will accept this award as a call to action..." Barack Obama

At least there's an acknowledgment of the actual work to be done for peace. You can't help but like the guy. Okay well at least some of us can't.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose
This is such wonderful news for America! What an outstanding way to acknowledge our President! I am so proud of America and her President right now! What a change from just 10 months ago!!

Good for Obama!! Now maybe more Americans will see what the rest of the world thinks of our President.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee said Obama was honored for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

Barack Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

[edit on 9-10-2009 by yankeerose]

Indeed! This is GREAT NEWS!

This is great for the USA!

I can't believe how McCain responded though!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
According to the DNC, if you don't agree that Obama deserves this award, you're in league with Hammas and terrorists.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

A Democratic National Committee spokesman said Friday the GOP has "thrown in its lot with the terrorists" in criticizing the president's Nobel Peace Prize award.

“The Republican Party has thrown in its lot with the terrorists – the Taliban and Hamas this morning – in criticizing the President for receiving the Nobel Peace prize," DNC Communications Director Brad Woodhouse said in a statement.

ABC news is also getting in on the fun!

ABC’s Sawyer Gushes: Obama Nobel Win Is ‘the Olympic Gold of International Diplomacy'

DIANE SAWYER: And talk about breaking news. This morning, President Obama, nine months into his presidency, has won the Nobel Peace Prize. And it's really, kind of, the Olympic gold of international diplomacy.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I'm quite certain he was using that as an example

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I think the anti-christ thing should be moved to another thread. imo.

link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Well, Obama just spoke to the news conference. Not only did he not do the right thing by declining. He actually did a little saber rattling on US position to not allow countries to pursue Nuclear Weapons---Catch that Iran? North Korea?

Keep up the work Nobel Committee.

You do realize who the Nobel Peace prize is named for right?

Some people crack me up...

link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Sorry Bimbeni, my religion is my own, I keep it close to the vest.

Believing that Obama is the Anti-Christ is not a religion, it's not even a cult. It's just silly.

link   

Originally posted by dashar
Now we have a man of peace which was predicted, i canny think the place i seen it ,oh wait a min it was everywhere on documentarys for the end times. history channel. nostrodamus. even i think bible
but now its official .

time to check prophecy

THE NEW WORLD ORDER ARE RAMING IT DOWN OUR THROATS THE OLD WAYS ARE HISTORY ITS THERE AGENDA AND YOU CARNT DO DIDLEY.
PEOPLE WE ARE SCREWED its nothing to do with nobel anymore since al gore went halfs.
people are running around scared sh+++t less like headless chickens approving and signing anythink they are told to do.
there must be an awfully powerfull boggie man or they are evil

[edit on 9-10-2009 by dashar]

[edit on 9-10-2009 by dashar]

what prophesy are you talking about?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Congratulation President Obama, wonderful news.

link   
After seeing this and about to loose my breakfast that I just ate, I have one question, what exactly did he do? What has he done? He was nominatted just shortly after he got into office. He has done nothing to warrent such an award. Nor does he answer what he will do with the money and will he take the medal that is given out of the White House? I thought, and according to the Constitution of the United States, anything in the way of a gift given to the President of the United States of America, is the property of the United States of America and must remain with its people, not the person sitting in the office of President. So now here comes the really sticky questions, what are the legal ramifications of him recieving a monetary award and a medal. Will he be allowed to keep such or even leave the office of the Presidency with such in hand or will he have to turn it over and never be able to have such in his private posession, maybe his presidential library, but not his personally.

link   
I'm not one to take the Bible literally, but yeah, I'd support doing a head check on that man. You might not find 666 but you might find the next mega millions winning lottery numbers.

This is a bad thing. This might convince him that he's doing the right thing, that he IS a man of peace.

I don't see it. He wouldn't even meet with the Dalai Lama, another winner.
I voted for him, but he's only done the opposite of what he promised.

I think it is a travesty and I feel embarrassed.

link   
That was a pretty short speech. I liked how he didnt answer any questions and just walked off pretty fast when the reporters were talking over one another.

Theres a vote if he deserved it or not. Its on Msnbc. Its about 62% say no at the moment. Poll at Msnbc

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
When he announces his number for troop increase in Afghanistan he's going to look like a real worthy candidate.

The most I can see he did in this direction was to get a dog and it wasn't even a rescued dog.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal

"The Republican Party has thrown in its lot with the terrorists -- the Taliban and Hamas this morning -- in criticizing the President for receiving the Nobel Peace prize," wrote DNC Communications Director Brad Woodhouse. "Republicans cheered when America failed to land the Olympics and now they are criticizing the President of the United States for receiving the Nobel Peace prize -- an award he did not seek but that is nonetheless an honor in which every American can take great pride -- unless of course you are the Republican Party. The 2009 version of the Republican Party has no boundaries, has no shame and has proved that they will put politics above patriotism at every turn. It's no wonder only 20 percent of Americans admit to being Republicans anymore - it's an embarrassing label to claim."

The Link

While I have mixed emotions I agree with the above sentiment. So much of the back lash we are seeing is a result of the petty antics of a dying party. It is both sad and embarrassing.

So to notice corruption and lies for what they are is to be a terrorist?

Explain how this can be true when the shock and disbelief of him winning this award is non Partisan. people on both sides are trying to figure this one out.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join