It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by j2000
Really? Between him and Bush I don't see anyone else that signed all those bills. Congress did not by-pass them on a veto.
They are the last approval signature on all that Debt.

The President is one of the factors involved in National Debt. But there are other factors. One of them is how the rest of the world is doing. Another factor is the populace itself. The Government is a reflection of the populace.

Every Jim, Johnny and Mary is maxed out on their credit cards and blame the Government for being in debt...

They are talking about govt debt. And how the rest of the world is doing has nothing to do with US debt or making a balanced budget. The US govt lost fiscal responsibility long ago. Bush made it worse, and Obama is making it even worse. Stop the bailouts, stop the stimulus, stop expanding entitlement programs, stop printing money, stop borrowing money. Shrink govt, NOW

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I bet he is none too comfortable with this

Thats a great observation. At this point in time he cant be too happy with it because it raises the bar of expectation even higher than he has been able to cope with up to now.

Don't worry too much about that.

I am sure his EGO can handle it!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
wow just wow, mother teresa should feel proud now that she is in the company of obama

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Every Jim, Johnny and Mary is maxed out on their credit cards and blame the Government for being in debt...

I'm maxed out and I don't blame the government for my debt. Not in the least. But I do blame the government for bailing out the banks who demonstrated that they are irresponsible money-handlers.

Instead of allowing the banks to fold because of their worst practices, our government pumped more of MY money into them, allowing these banks to continue with their worst practices.

Like handing the vampires the keys to the blood bank.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
So all it takes is Effort? to win this? I would of thought actual results would achieve this prize.

Imo there are so many others more deserving of this award.

So for future note, You can get this award, by simply stating your " Wish list " for the world. And making claims of what can be done to make the world better.

I think he should decline this....

SHOW ME THE PEACE!!! WHERE IS IT!

[edit on 9-10-2009 by 10001011]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
haha, even my wife who isn't any sort of conspiracy theorist or doubter of the establishment says that the Nobel is bought by its recipients. Never earned. Heh, I think she nailed that one.

PG

link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by johnny2127
Fair enough. So now, if you could, can you detail what his vision, courage and determination have been in, and how they are somehow worthy of this prize? Thanks.

It has already been stated and it's in the news. It's in this thread. I don't see any need for me to repeat it again.
There are a zillion stories about it. All you have to do is exercise a bit of curiosity.

I have, and I feel like I know what he stands for. However, I would like someone such as yourself that thinks he deserved this award to explain to me his vision, courage and determination. And how those make him worthy above others for this award. Thanks.

link   
Slim pickins, them's mighty slim pickins.

Anyone dare to say giving that puppet man the nobel peace isn't part of a conspiracy and I won't be responsible.

link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

you have a great way of getting out of your statements. i asked you, YOU. WHAT HAS OBAMA DONE TO DESERVE THIS?

plz do not elaborate on other peoples responses! as i have read every post and thus far i have seen not one tangible ounce of proof. on the contrary i have seen obama hounds licking the salt stick and enjoying this questionable award, with out a ounce of truth.
so again plz stick with my question and give me some solid evidence to your claim.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Seems pretty clear, now, doesn't?

Selection of a Nobel Peace prize winner is now as meaningful as selection of a high school Homecoming King.

Funny how his supporters seem to omit the whole 'we can't withdraw from the war' thing that Obama now appears to be committing himself to...

Makes perfect sense-- prosecute a war...get the Nobel Peace prize.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by loam]

link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I thought I'd bring some real facts into it for those who clearly don't know anything about the prize itself.

Actually anyone who thinks they understand that this prize is a real prize ... they are the ones who CLEARLY don't understand what is going on.

reply to post by Skyfloating

He's doing a half-a*** job. Either do the job right or get the hell out.
He's turning it into vietnam by trying to appease both sides.
Appeasement ... that's left.

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I bet he is none too comfortable with this ...

You are a generous soul. I bet he is sucking it up.
My prediction - he'll 'donate' the money to try to look generous.
(and Michelle will weep over all the lost french designer sneakers)

link   
Obama was beginning to lose his luster, now he wins a Nobel Peace Prize. He has done nothing so far in office except scare the hell out of half the country with his wacked out agenda, and charmed the other half into thinking he's going to pay their mortgages and health insurance for free.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
IIRC, Obama's first international act after taking office was to BOMB Pakistani people & kill innocent civilians in the process.

Hell of a job Nobel committee

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

you are absolutlely right..what was i thinking. thanks for clearing that up for me.

LOL, dripping with sarcasm much? I do appreciate it when you respond though and without the political insults and name calling. In other threads you've been very calm, rationale and intellectual. So your anger in here was a bit surprising to me at least.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Ha Ha Ha - Pure Comedy Gold!

There was an Israeli guy on a Sky News live feed talking about how miffed Israel is about Obama receiving the prize. He goes on to sight all these reasons how Obama hasn't been a 'friend' to Israel... yada...yada...yada...

Then the reporter aptly asks...

"Should a peace prize be solely based around what goes on in Israel?"

The guy answers with...

"wha... umm... err.. wha.... what was that... I didn't hear the question".

LOL!

IRM

[edit on 9/10/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It's blowing up on the web:

www.cnn.com...

Minutes after the news broke, social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook were flooded with comments. Half of the trending topics on microblogging site Twitter were about the prize and the U.S. President. Opinion was largely divided on Twitter between those who think Obama is a worthy recipient -- and those who question how he won the prize after just eight months in office.

Aahh...more net drama. Just what we need. Just what we are.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I mentioned in my first post on page 2 that I was shocked. I still am!!

What I feel really disappointed about is how Obama has won the award prematurely. Only when the things he said he will do, has happened, will I agree to him winning this award (presumably in 2010,2011 or 2012).

And I am now sad because by awarding Obama this award for 2009 (in my opinion) has discredited the prestigiousness of this accolade and tarnishing by association those who have truly deserved this award; previous winners like these amazing individuals/groups:

MARTIN LUTHER KING JR - 1964
AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL - 1977
THE 14TH DALAI LAMA (TENZIN GYATSO) - 1989
AUNG SAN SUU KYI - 1991

Only my thoughts.
Regards,
E.T

[edit on 9-10-2009 by eclectic.thoughts]

[edit on 9-10-2009 by eclectic.thoughts]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Come on. Lets not make a big deal out of this. The Nobel Peace Prize has been a joke ever since they gave it to Al Gore for making his fairytale movie about global warming.

He did do something "hope and change" is a catchy slogan.

Europeans love the guy for not being Bush. I see a future for Obama as EU president. He would fit right in.

[edit on 10/9/2009 by Erasurehead]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Interesting Reading ...

Taliban Response to Nobel Peace Prize

Afghanistan's Taliban mocked the award of a Nobel Peace Prize to U.S. President Barack Obama on Friday, saying he should get a Nobel prize for violence instead.

Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said it was absurd to give a peace award to a man who had sent 21,000 extra troops to Afghanistan to escalate a war.

"The Nobel prize for peace? Obama should have won the 'Nobel Prize for escalating violence and killing civilians'," he told Reuters by telephone from an undisclosed location.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It turns out that the real reason they gave it to Bama was Kayne West was in town and they were afraid of another 'incident' similar to what happened at the MTV awards.

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join