It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

he must have done something ???
plz clarify for us what he has done to desserve this?

hello moderator since this sight has always been based on proof. i ask you what exactly has Obama done, as one poster stated february was the date he was nominated. so what exactly did he do in one month ?? put us a trillion dollars more in debt? bow to the kind of saudi arabia? not sure, thought the nobel peace prize was for doing an superior job at something. guess it is just a worthless piece of metal with a wood base that has absolutely no meaning, plz clarify for me i must have missed something? i see that you have eaten the obama apple so give me some information supporting your statement?
thanks

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
No one here seems to get it!

The NWO just gave this prestige Nobel Prize award to themselves and their agenda!

My Gawd! this is hilarious! - the NWO is out in the open and folks are too blind to see!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
What a load of bollocks! I wonder when Barry goes to sleep of a night time whether he will really feel as though he deserved it.

IRM

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by johnny2127
reply to post by jimmyx

Hey Jimmy, can you answer my question from the last page? I am sure you just didn't read it from so many posts. But please go read what I wrote and respond. Thanks.

uhmm yes... i did read it, and no i'm not going to tell you...your an adult now, do your own legwork...besides, both of us already know, it would turn into dueling "quotes" . i already know where you stand, and i'm sure that nothing i said would change your mind. there is plenty of info out there if you look.

I have looked Jimmy. I pay attention each and everyday, and read and watch as many sources as I can, not just the right. I addressed everything I could think of that would mentioned. So I am wondering if I missed something. Sincerely, if someone can tell me of his accomplishments in peace that warrant this prize, I will admit it. I want him to be a great President. I don't agree with much that he is doing but I really do root for him to do great things. So Jimmy can you please give me some examples of what he has accomplished?

ok, here goes...he has paid up the on the US obligations to the UN, signed onto and promised by the US. this money is used for poverty and disaster relief, as well as europe, china, russia, iran to get the IAEE into iran for inspections of their nuclear plants with sanctions if needed, and these sanctions are supported by russia and china. he has increased budgets for the FDA on food inspections that had been drastically cut in the last adminstration, he has begun talks with cuba for better relations. he is concentrating more of the military on al-qeuada in eastern afghanistan, rather than putting more troops into iraq... he is being a calming influence around the world, rather than a threatening one.
the problem is perspective...people and governments in other countries see us as a country that bombs and attacks other countries...which we have done, not as a world power that helps people. obama is attempting to change that...which is why he won the nobel prize.
and all the americans that bash obama don't see that perspective that is clear to outsiders eyes.

on the FDA part...people in other countries think it is a good thing when you try and help the majority of your own people

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
If this is the best the New World Order can do — handing themselves awards for their preposterous lack of action and lack of leadership — then I would say the NWO is headed for a swift demise.

No worries.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
See, outside of "I live inside of my computer land" there is a world of reality. People can see that Obama has set things into motion. If nothing else, the attitude of one of the most powerful nations in the world can make a big difference.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Another misconception: That "achievement" of some kind is necessary to win. It's not.

OMG .. thanks for that.

So no one has to do anything except make pretty far left wing speeches, make promises that can't be followed through with, be a racist, be a proven liar, and hypnotize the world into believing election rhetoric??

Congratulations to the world .... ya'll can be racist liars, do nothing, and win.
The Nobel Prize means nothing.

At least the agenda is right out in the open.
More people will be able to see it.
I suppose that's one good thing about all this. :shk:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I was thinking about how it was possible that he could get it because this year the nobel peace commite had a strong focus on liberty and freedom where the exibition they have every year displayed a storyline from Martin Luther King Jr to Obama.

I don't know if it is a secret reason why they decided to have Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith as the presenters at the nobel peace consert that is held in Oslo in December when he get's the award.

In Norway the possibility of Ovama winning the price was already in the news two days ago. Wich is rather strange don't you think?

Even Michael Jackson was more likely to get it than Obama.

Here is more info on this issue

www.nobelpeacecenter.org...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'm wondering what he will do with the 1.4 million dollar prize money??
Maybe he will take Michelle out on the town again. God knows they could use another million dollar date night

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

i have said it and i will say it again. They play holding the whole deck as one hand. This is what i mean. for this to happen is against basic reason. i like what he has done so far. But he isnt teddy Roosevelt for god sake

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I wonder when Barry goes to sleep of a night time whether he will really feel as though he deserved it.

He'll probably hand Michelle the $$$ to go out shopping for designer french sneakers so she'll get out of his hair for a while. I'm sure he'll enjoy himself and sleep just fine. Afterall ... he slept just fine for 20 years after listening to Rev. Wright on Sundays ... didn't bother his conscience at all.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

My purpose in defending Bush here and there and Obama here and there is not thread/topic-specific but borne from the understanding that the moment a President takes office nowadays, 70% of the world already hate him. Half of those people for him being American, and the other half for him being of the other party.

I would like to hang around and actually explore the pros and cons of him getting a Nobel Prize, but its difficult with all the indignant shouting around by people who always shout around no matter what the topic.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

people in other countries think it is a good thing when you try and help the majority of your own people

Ah. Now I understand why George W. Bush didn't receive the Nobel Prize for dumping billions and billions of dollars into Africa. Bush gave Africa more money and more relief for AIDS and famine than any other president in history, yet he received no Nobel prize.

Now I understand why. Those weren't "Bush's people"...

— Doc Velocity

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
My first thoughts was "FOR WHAT????"

what did obama do to get a nobel peace prize;

maybe nobel peace prize company just wants the publicity;

In my mind the nobel peace prize has now just lost all value and prestige;
Its practically just a worthless award like the MTV AWARDS

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

The single person Obama is not the "cause of debt". National Debt is caused by numerous factors, millions of factors indeed.

Really? Between him and Bush I don't see anyone else that signed all those bills. Congress did not by-pass them on a veto.
They are the last approval signature on all that Debt.

I'll tell you what. Next time I sign for a system on an airplane, it breaks due to bad design and crashes, I'll use the same lame excuse.

It does not wash. You sign for responsibility, it's not an autograph session.

link   
This award to Obama speaks a great deal about the world we live in today both good and bad.

We want so much to be better then we are that we will pin our hopes on even the slightest glimmer of leadership.

Either that or he won because he is not GWB

link   

Disgusting!!! Absolutely disgusting!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Also, winning the prize is not only about what you DO but about what you ARE, what you represent.

link   

ok, here goes...he has paid up the on the US obligations to the UN, signed onto and promised by the US. this money is used for poverty and disaster relief, as well as europe, china, russia, iran to get the IAEE into iran for inspections of their nuclear plants with sanctions if needed, and these sanctions are supported by russia and china. he has increased budgets for the FDA on food inspections that had been drastically cut in the last adminstration, he has begun talks with cuba for better relations. he is concentrating more of the military on al-qeuada in eastern afghanistan, rather than putting more troops into iraq... he is being a calming influence around the world, rather than a threatening one.
the problem is perspective...people and governments in other countries see us as a country that bombs and attacks other countries...which we have done, not as a world power that helps people. obama is attempting to change that...which is why he won the nobel prize.
and all the americans that bash obama don't see that perspective that is clear to outsiders eyes.

on the FDA part...people in other countries think it is a good thing when you try and help the majority of your own people

See there ya go. I can understand if someone supports his award based on those things. Personally some of those things you listed I don't see the same way, but thats a matter of opinion.

Russia won't back any meaniful sanctions, they have said as much. The back sternly worded letters. LOL.

Regarding paying up on US obligations to the UN, what are you referring to? I didn't quite get that. The FDA thing you mentioned is great but does nothing for peace. Neither does Cuba discussions, which just emboldened a brutal communist regime.

Regarding Iraq and Afghanistan, he DID put more troops into both Iraq and Afghanistan. Both wars have been escalated....

I am not sure about the calming influence claim you made. Things certainly aren't calm in the US, UK, Israel, Iran, Eastern Europe, etc... So where has he calmed things? The only thing I can think of to support this is some leaders who feel more comfortable with Obama.

Thanks for the reply Jimmy. I appreciate it.

link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
the moment a President takes office nowadays, 70% of the world already hate him.

I'm thinking Obama had the exact opposite numbers.
Which may explain why the Committe gave him the prize for doing nothing.

its difficult with all the indignant shouting around by people who always shout around no matter what the topic.

Oh? Anyone specific?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join