It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Image Tampering Videos, Lies or Truth?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

The false horizon clip is just silly. The crosses appear against the sky when; a) there is sunlight behind them or b) when there is lens flare behind them. In other words, when they are backlit. The crosses appear because they are marks in the camera (on a Rousseau plate) which cast shadows on the film. The sky is black, no light, no shadow, no mark.

[edit on 10/13/2009 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
first picture in the video is A15_h_91_12343

even if it's a crop from a bigger picture it still has been changed in a deceptive way and is on a NASA website.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72b8e7b02ca2.gif[/atsimg]

the cropping shows up on the gif and tiff pics when you just brighten them up and these are on a NASA website

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41df37ac558f.gif[/atsimg]

they took down the tiff picture in the link

anyone still doubt NASA is hiding stuff ?

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

[edit on 31-10-2009 by easynow]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
they took down the tiff picture in the link
It's not that they took down the picture, the FTP server where the picture was (or is) hosted is not working.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
It is so wonderful to be able to see this video reanalysis...with home technology! Those crazy 1960s government types....they were so overconfident...first the "Z" film & then the moon! I have hoovered this thread as I do not know anything about film alteration...thus this gathering of links & debate into a thread is very helpful.

... My co-producer on "UFO:The greatest Story Ever Denied", Jose E., has taken the Moon analysis investigation to heart with his "Moon Rising". We both are amazed with each others research & our Web sight, TBLN.com is moving to a full expose on this massive NASA cover-up.

... This thread is such a good example of the scope of this lie about the true nature of space. I didn't know all this image manipulation was going on & could be exposed this easily...The 1969 NASA crowd must have been on '___' to think they could fool us forever!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

same difference

the point is , the picture is now not available.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I think that the point is that all the images from that site are now unavailable.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

yep like i said the image is not available

i'll be checking up on that to see if they ever come back online

The "Blue Marble" frames from the LPI site are still working but i wonder, if i post this picture how long will it be before they also go to 'unavailable' ?

www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by secretnasaman

Hey secret, it seems you have got in the way of a personal "chat" so I will just have to go it alone with you as usual...It is not "weird" to be ignorant of the moon images being altered by NASA. I for one was so confused as to whether we even went to the moon...or if we did the real moon-walkers were dead & the heroes were just orbiting the Earth...thus the blue sky window pictures etc...or we went but had the photos faked...or we went with Russia on a co-op mission...so I avoided that topic & stuck to my area of NASA shuttle cover-ups...

Now it is clear, there is something terribly wrong with the up-to-date, current photos NASA is releasing..it's still happening!...Martyn

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by secretnasaman

i believe they did go to the Moon but i also believe they have altered many of the photographs because they are hiding something.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I have never seen any changes in the LPI site, and I don't think that they would care to change anything just because some people found out that the image they have on their site has signs of having been changed in some way.

The version available on The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth does not show any of those signs of "tampering".

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
The video is right, the way I was looking for the tampering was wrong.

That image in the link provided by Phage, for example, and other NASA sites show that same effect, as we can see below.
(click for full size, although not the original full size, the original is too big for ATS)

I took the same photo that you used that Phage linked
I did multiple image adjustments, even the one that you mentioned that you did to your image and all my results came up with no anomalies in the sky. The sky has a uniform noise with increased luminance from where the light source is coming from and the reflective surfaces. Everything looks legit in this image
Correct me if i am wrong sir.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by bobbinika]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbinika

You may be right, I cannot get the same result again.

Maybe I used another photo or a different system, I have to check it.

PS: that's the spirit, if we have tools we should try for ourselves.

Edit: I found the photo I used, it's this one, not the one posted by Phage.

Sorry, everybody and thanks bobbinika.

[edit on 31/10/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Sorry, everybody

no need to be sorry , the picture is on a NASA server and the results speak for itself. i wonder how long it will take before that image goes MIA ? i'm watching

can you post your results from the other image for a comparison ?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Sure, here it is, but I had to reduce the image (after using the replace colour tool) because MATS does not accept images that big.

(click for full size)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
hey thanks for posting the other image. I can see the anomalies already without any adjustments
i cant believe they dont have people that can do a better job at editing these images... they suck haha

here is what i got with that new link you provided

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The version available on The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth does not show any of those signs of "tampering".

thanks for that link ArMaP ,

you are correct , that version does not show the same cropping as the other and it looks to me that the first picture i posted is a crop from the one you linked me to. they may have cropped the picture because there is so much noise in the picture , it's kinda ugly.....

Link to MATS

that might be signs of obfuscation and it might not be.

thanks for posting that Apollo 17 comparison image. i got the same results

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

That's probably why those tampered photos appear on "public relations" sites and not on the more scientific-related sites.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

yes they use those Earth crops to make fake images

l

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

That "odd pattern" is more likely the result of using the "bucket fill" tool or something like that to replace the sky with a perfect black, if it was a crop it would show a less ragged border, if not a perfect rectangle.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

yes i would have to agree with you on that.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

i think it's the same image but no anomaly ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join