It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Image Tampering Videos, Lies or Truth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Recently I've been trying to explain to my friend about how there are tons of evidence out there how NASA has been photoshoping, editing, tampering etc with their photos on the moon and the earth. For example, blacking out the skies to hide structures over the horizons and other UFO objects in space.

I tried showing some of these videos to my friend but he refuses to watch them because he believes that they are just a bunch of junk created by conspiracy theorists just trying to make money or gain attention. They're on youtube as well, not the best and most reliable source for legitimate information, and I agree but some of these videos are really an eye opener.

So, I decided to actually find some of these images proposed in these videos and do some photoshoping myself to see if they were really tampered with.

This is the video I was watching

NASA: PROOF of image tampering

and the images I looked at were

as12-49-7318
Photo from NASA.gov

and

as12-51-7541
Photo #2 from NASA.gov

Now I've tried playing around with these images, adjusting the exposure, brightness, contrast, threshold etc BUT I cannot find any tampering done to them!

In the video it claims that there is a solid rectangular area of blackness placed by NASA in the image AS12-51-7541. I cannot find this box!

Am I'm doing something wrong in photoshop? Or maybe the photos I found were not the right images from NASA mentioned in the video?

I hope some of the photo experts on ATS can help me out. THANKS!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
In the video it claims that there is a solid rectangular area of blackness placed by NASA in the image AS12-51-7541. I cannot find this box!

Am I'm doing something wrong in photoshop? Or maybe the photos I found were not the right images from NASA mentioned in the video?

I hope some of the photo experts on ATS can help me out. THANKS!

Hi balon0

You might find interesting this post by ArMaP regarding AS12-51-7541 .

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Hi Internos!

Thank you so much for sharing that thread!

It seems that ArMap did find the source of that photo shown in the video! It is here

Keithlaney.net's AS12-51-7541 Photo

In this particular version of AS12-51-7541, there is a photoshopped black rectangular area on the horizon of the moon but I do not think this photo is the original one from NASA. I believe it is from a a personal website made by Keith Laney. Looking at his website, it seems that he does a lot of photo manipulation with NASA's planet photos...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
first picture in the video is A15_h_91_12343

even if it's a crop from a bigger picture it still has been changed in a deceptive way and is on a NASA website.

the cropping shows up on the gif and tiff pics when you just brighten them up and these are on a NASA website

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

[edit on 9-10-2009 by easynow]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
this one with the earth, shows that even the dark side of the earth (where is night), was "tampered" by that ellipsis... i guess they didn't want to show us the strange things which happens on the "dark side of the earth".

[edit on 9/10/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

easynow, it's true what you say (I've tried by myself)

BUT

A) That image is NOT the original one (it's a crop)
B) That image is in .gif format, meaning that its colors are limited to 256
C) If you download the hi-res scan of the original from here (AS15-91-12343.JPG) and try to do the same thing, then you won't get the same result.

Note # 1: some times the hi-res scan could not be available (error 404): in that case, just resend a request from here, wait some minutes, then try again the link.

Note # 2: since

There is a scheduled power outage starting this Friday afternoon. This server will be turned off this Friday afternoon. It will be turned back on Tuesday morning.
, i've also uploaded the image to imageshack, just in case.

Peace,
-internos

[edit on 9/10/2009 by internos]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Friends tell us sttuff we don't want to hear.

Trust your friend.

Don't lose him.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

thanks internos

only one problem i see

it isn't the same picture

look at the cloud formations and the land formations they are different

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

thanks internos

only one problem i see

it isn't the same picture

look at the cloud formations and the land formations they are different

Try to rotate it by 180 degrees, then let me know, my friend

[edit on 9/10/2009 by internos]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

ok good eye , glad you figured that out

this one without a doubt has a line and it could be a crop line or it could be a scan line. that is debatable.

history.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
without any doubt, this Moon pic has a crop line. or is it a scan line ?

AS-10-31-4599

history.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Thank you for all the great finds and analysis. Could these lines in the images just be the horizon of the moon?

If NASA did take thousands of photos of the moon, I find it kind of strange why they would show photos that actually had alien structures for the public to see. Why bother going through all that trouble photoshopping and such when you can just show tons of other images that do not have anything.

Another question I have is the photograph show at the very beginning of the clip

Has anyone see this photo before on NASA.gov? I'm really curious if the background really is hiding these massive structures.

Also somewhere in this movie I believe that it mentioned about this one particular image in the NASA archive of moon images. It was completely white as if it was just a blank image but after adjusting the exposure and such, it reveals a structure of some sort on the moon. Has anyone heard about this before?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Here it is.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thanks Phage!

I've tried playing around with the image but I could not get the results the video had...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
No one has yet proven anything nefarious by NASA and lunar photographs as far as airbrushing alien structures or any sign of alien activity on the moon. Yes, the video and some photos show what may be tampering but nothing else.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
No one has yet proven anything nefarious by NASA and lunar photographs as far as airbrushing alien structures or any sign of alien activity on the moon. Yes, the video and some photos show what may be tampering but nothing else.

Hi ed

Yes, the video and some photos show what may be tampering but nothing else.

and you dont think they do not air brush as well have you herd the name:
DONNA TIETZE HARE former NASA employee

she said "well we have to airbrush
these things out before we sell these photographs to
the public. So I realized at that point that there is
a procedure setup to take care of this type of
information from the public."

she witnessed this first hand .
and before you go off saying she might be lying,check out all of he credentials first she is a recipient of numerous space awards,very recognized in her field I don't think she would want to blemish her record.

Ocker

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

That's the problem with videos like this, they show what they found in one digital copy of that image, but they don't say where did they found that copy, so we have to do the whole work to know where did they got it from.

In the worst case (and I don't think that's what happened here) they could have changed the photo themselves, without the source the presentation is almost useless.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Not really.

From what I remember seeing her talking in a video, what she saw was someone else telling her that they had to airbrush anomalous things, but she did not saw it done.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by ocker

Not really.

From what I remember seeing her talking in a video, what she saw was someone else telling her that they had to airbrush anomalous things, but she did not saw it done.

Thats what I said. she witnessed this first hand

well we have to airbrush
these things out before we sell these photographs to
the public. So I realized at that point that there is
a procedure setup to take care of this type of
information from the public."
"she witnessed this first hand" .

Ocker

edit forgot quotation

[edit on 11/10/2009 by ocker]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The video is right, the way I was looking for the tampering was wrong.

That image in the link provided by Phage, for example, and other NASA sites show that same effect, as we can see below.
(click for full size, although not the original full size, the original is too big for ATS)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join