It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tree of Life is even Scientific!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I was recently reading through mathematically-intense articles relating the Tree of Life to string theory in quantum physics, the human skeleton, Platonic solids, music theory and several other subjects. The articles I'm talking about are hosted on this website: www.smphillips.8m.com...

One article in particular, article 33: "The Human Axial Skeleton is the Trunk of the Tree of Life", contains the following graphic:

For anyone not familiar with the Tree of Life from the Qabbalah, it looks like this:

The first graphic I showed takes the same shape as the tree, as you see, but it represents moving from the "zero dimension" (a point) to the 3rd dimension of solids. The traditional tree of life also represents genesis, from the "thought" of Kether (the top sephiroth) to the fully-manifest universe of Malkuth (the bottom sephiroth).

I thought this would be interesting to Qabbalah/science buffs (which should include anyone pursuing the full range of philosophies and spirituality in the world), and I highly recommend the articles on the first page I linked to.

I think it's the first time in recorded history that this information has been fleshed out.

I'm positive this is the first time in history the ToL has been linked to string theory and quantum physics.

Questions? Comments? Other feedback?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If you can clarify some things. I am wondering, what actually is the tree of life. I know its used in some religions. But i dont see how it can relate to physics. Can you please explain more alittle on this. S&F

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Since I am not good with simple definitions I will offer what Wikipedia offers on its entry for "Tree of Life":

The concept of a many-branched tree illustrating the idea that all life on earth is related has been used in science, religion, philosophy, mythology and other areas. A tree of life is variously, a) a mystical concept alluding to the interconnectedness of all life on our planet, b) a metaphor for common descent in the evolutionary sense, and c) a motif in various world theologies, mythologies and philosophies.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'll set aside my next post on this thread to flesh out what the sephiroth represent, etc. in the tree of the Jewish mystical system, which is the Tree of Life shown above.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The Matrix Reloaded: "There is a building. Inside this building there is a level where no elevator can go, and no stair can reach. This level is filled with doors. These doors lead to many places. Hidden places. But one door is special. One door leads to the source."

Do you think this represents Daath?

Yeah, I saw the movie today on TV and something clicked for some reason.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
ive read some stuff on the sacred geometry, tree of life, flower of life etc. pretty amazing stuff.

all about how everything we see, touch, breath etc is all made up of very simple geometry when broken down.

it gets way more complex than this though, and thats where i get lost.... over to someone else who has more of a brain than me..!!!

[edit on 18-10-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Well christian legend has it (I am christian) that before Eve fed the apple to Adam, humans where immortal and free from death. Since original sin they are punished with death.

Don't judge, just saying what the legend actually was.

top topics

join