It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colombia's Capital being 'shut down' by the Government for a few days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Hello there, I just wanted to share something really weird that is going to happen tomorrow here in Bogota (Colombia's Capital).

President Uribe's Government and the Mayor office are gonna shut down all the utilities of the city for 1 day, they are gonna demolish a building (or 2, not sure) to simulate the shockwave on an earthquake, they are going to burn planes at the airport and they will place cars and trucks upside down all over the city to make it look as if a real earthquake or another big disaster happened.

All citizens living in bogota must leave their buildings when the alarms sound, go to a meeting place in different parts of the city.

Im totally recording it, it's like some sort of doomsday simulation, wtf?
I think Uribe is doing too much of our national product

www.eltiempo.com...

Here is a link to the news, it says 20 minutes but the official flier and one letter that got to my building says it might be extended for a few hours. But what is sure is that they will make the 'chaos' scene to last all day long.

and this one is the official link to the 'event'
www.simulacroemergenciasbogota.gov.co...

--EDIT---

I just read this line

"El Distrito y la empresa privada invirtieron 1.200 millones de pesos en este simulacro, que se extenderá hasta el lunes festivo."

The Mayor's office and private companies invested 1.200 million pesos (600,000 USD) in this simulation that WILL LAST UNTIL MONDAY (Holiday).

-----

creepy

ps: sry about my English

[edit on 8-10-2009 by aNdReSk]

[edit on 8-10-2009 by aNdReSk]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This is unbelievable. Why are they so deliberately attempting to unnerve people?

Aren't there enough disasters in the world that they don't need to fake one?

Why don't they take some of that energy and manpower and go help people who are really in need?

This is just ridiculous beyond words.

There are earthquake and flood disasters in various parts of the world. If they would send some of their people to aid them, they would have all the disaster training they need.

In the meantime...what happens if you do not cooperate with the rendevous or "meet-up"?

Will they force people to leave their homes?

How long has this been planned? Or is it "spur of the moment " to the people?

How much notice have they given the people of the city?

Keep us posted on what happens.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Such a large scale event for an exercise?

... Makes me wonder if they are filming a future episode for all their news channels.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
They left a letter in every single building of the city and flyers everywhere, I will take pics and make a video if i can

But yeah i mean, there are people starving here! And they spend money in this O_O

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
What happens if they get everyone into the meeting place.....and lock the doors?

Are you planning to leave? Maybe you could stay behind film from the roof?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I live on an 18th floor penthouse and they are faking an earthquake, im not gonna stay up here

besides one of the demolitions to create like some sort of a shockwave is gonna be 10 blocks away, also i want to around everything including the airport!! they are burning planes ffs lol
damn i should have hired a hooker yesterday
jk

Anyway, im sure if i dont get pictures of the whole thing, they will be in many newspapers and lots of videos in youtube that i will post!

PS: im not going to the meeting place. they didnt even say where is it!!!
besides, there are 9 million people in this city, they must be kidding if they thing they will all go to those meeting places...
[edit on 9-10-2009 by aNdReSk]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Can you please answer my previous questions?

How long has this been planned?

How long ago did they tell you these events would be taking place?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
How long was this planned: No idea, I dont work for the government!

How long ago did they tell me? TODAY. 10 hours before doing it we got an actual official notice about the event.

Altho someone posted something in a Colombian/American forum 1 week ago but the guy just said it was an earthquake simulation, didnt say it was that big.

Event will take place from October 9 at 11 am to October 12.

it seems there was a press conference a few days ago given by the Mayor (I just read that 1 minute ago, and never heard of it anywhere before)

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Can you give us an update?
What's going on?
Will you be twittering or sending us pics as it happens?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by aNdReSk

Excellent thread, seems like they are filming a disaster that never really happened. Maybe when the world sees video of the horrible things going on, they will send money and food as aid? Very clever plot if so.

Let us know whatever you find out, seems something underhanded is going on here.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
there's 9 million people in the city and they're attempting something like this? Freakin' weird if ye ask me.

Mostly just posted so I can keep an eye on this thread

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I assume if "all utilities are suspended" he wont be able to reply until the 12th.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This sounds really weird. Makes you wonder why they would go to all that trouble and put their population through it. Hope everything turns out ok. City wide simulation? Strange.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
ok lol this is fkd up, why do they have to wear gas masks and shiny suits if it's supposed to be an "earthquake drill" or something like that, even when there is no fire or dust? and washing.. people?

All government forces when in it for it, even CTI wich is Cuerpo Tecnico de Investigacion, like some sort of Colombian FBI.

My british roommate said there was some fake riot down my building and it was about some people protesting against the American government, and throwing rocks to the Colombian government lol wtf.. I havent found pics of that one, he didnt take any but i will keep checking newspapers!

They did not shut down cellphones, probably cuz the phone company would sue them

And one weird thing that happened is that in Medellin, another city (remembered by many people cuz it was pablo escobar's town), they did the same BUT THEY DID NOT WARN PEOPLE!!! So even some of the rescue workers here in Bogota, had to leave to Medellin in a hurry to rescue people, they didnt know either!!! jeez

ok pictures

Fire

Silver uniform people (firemen i guess) doing somehting on a kinda-destroyed plane

Gas mask people with some anti-explosive forces guy (green)

Ok planning is good, i guess.

wtf

I couldnt tell u what these green dudes do, there is a firetruck on the back but there were firetrucks everywhere anyway

school demolished for the event, as u can see there is this machine to create electricity using gas.

They wre also testing how to take people out of high buildings in downtown

shelter built in a huge park (some sort of central park we have) after the alarms went off

this is at the international el dorado airport

There were rescue workers from many countries, including the US, Honduras, Brazil (in the picture) Japan, etc.

another destroyed building

The Mayor (Using the microphone) had some sort of special place to watch one of the most destroyed areas and was probably giving a conference.

edit:
utilities are back on already, seems to be that people are just too lazy to follow government rules

[edit on 10-10-2009 by aNdReSk]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This sure seems like a waste of man power and resources when there are so many REAL and DESPERATE cases of people who need help.

For what this is probably costing, they could fly out to some of the earthquake victims and get their training there...OTJ.

This just seems to me like a slap in the face to those who are in real need.

I wonder if there is some scheme to film a "Wag the Dog" to be presented later to convince the sheeple (who don't know these things are staged) that the "end of the world" is upon us?

How do they justify the expense and waste of resources for this?

Thanks for keeping us posted.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the update aNdReSk. Looks like they went through a lot of scenarios, including bomb disposal and biological and/or hazardous materials. An earthquake drill huh? Ok.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
half of the money spent is said to be financed by private companies the other half by the government.

Maybe they are preparing people in case other latin countries attack us or something? I mean, Chavez keeps threating us and even more now that we have 5 brand new American bases here, that the rest of south american governments dont want to be there, I think Only Colombia and Peru are ok with it since we are the US allies.

really weird tho

new topics

top topics

join