It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you reach enlightenment through meditation??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I tried some meditating a couple of times. It was just a good way to unwind. After spending an hour doing nothing but laying in a both tub in silence and observing the thoughts that popped up, i felt very relaxed and calm.

To me, that was the only effect.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
methinks theres a point in this:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
I have always tried to meditate, but all I feel is just tired and relax. No weird chakra enlightenment, I just don’t know how it is possible??? Have any of you had any amazing effects from meditation, close to enlightenment??? I want to reach this state of mind to do better in this world I. I am going to Tibet next July hopefully, and India. I am wondering how I can become enlightened.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Maddogkull]

yes!
yes!
yes!

Yes to all the above

Enlightenment is not "found" it is remembered. I have found amazing things come to those who accept everything and just go with the energy flow.

Enlightenment is fun and as soon as you take the fun out of it and get all serious its harder to remember you are actually enlightened already.

Its odd why you all think it so hard and serious, it not hard or serious in the slightest. Put the fun, carefree love of yourself into it , love yourself, love others and love the Cosmos you'll be enlightened before you know it

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic Love

You are right Cosmic Love, I think we get enlightened by tapping into the collective consciousness, it's there for everyone if they are open to it. Meditation is only one avenue.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

By understanding that everything is singular. To meditate is to not think about anything (in other words, everything).

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

I tried some meditating a couple of times. It was just a good way to unwind. After spending an hour doing nothing but laying in a both tub in silence and observing the thoughts that popped up, i felt very relaxed and calm.

To me, that was the only effect.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Copernicus]

That is not meditating that is contemplating.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
Focus on the spaces between the thoughts, words and concepts. The more you give this comma space attention the wider it will get and you will experience it for a longer period of time.

Strange, I come here to check this out and you're using suggesting the same thing I do all the time.

There's this one thing with anyone saying they experienced true "void". That's a lie as it isn't true and absolute void. Absolute void is so absolute there is nothing to experience. It's not non-dualistic, it just....not. It's a no-experience.

It's not a place I like to be for extended periods as it's just the same as not existing for spans of time here without there being any perception of any time spent "there" at all. It's just like skipping over from point A to point B instantly. You bring nothing back; it's not possible.

Any void with any experience at all is just minimized duality, that of some sort of proto-consciousness.

I find it odd though that it's difficult for people to grasp this "no thing". It's always been easy for me. I'll just come out and just confess that I've been advanced in this way since I can remember. I wanted to deny it but no more. I say to heck with any humility horsepucky. This isn't the time for that crap. I don't care whether or some self-aggrandizing smartypantses agree with me on that point.

It's time to bust up the temple changers and call global shenanigans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join