It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

burning blue ball of light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
hello all, this is my first post here. OK, yesterday at around dusk i was walking down the street to my friends house. Clouds blanketed the sky, couldnt see above them. Suddenly this bright blue ball with a clearly flame/burning like tail shot down from the sky! At first i thought whoa, thats one bright shooting star! then i realized it couldnt have been, it was way to close to earth, far below the clouds! it looked rather large too. I wasnt the only one to see it either my friend seen it too. We agreed it looked like something burning up and exploding, and i say exploding because how large the tail appeared, it really looked like a huge blue fireball. what do you people think it was? ive seen ufo b4 but this was far out, makes me wanna go look for a crashed up ship in the desert

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
congratulations !
you have probable seen the I.S.S. coming over.

it looks like a very very bright star and from your point of vieuw it travels damned fast all over the sky.
if you were taken by surprise it can be that you had the impressions it disapeared with a bang

blink and.. you missed it

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Or it was simply ball lightning. Clouds are a good indication that a storm may have been brewing.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
im sure it wasnt the ISS unless it burned up in the atmosphere yesterday. could be ball lightning, but it really looked like a solid object burning up and it moved in an arc. it was total cloud cover, definitely not a satellite unless it was crashing to earth in a fireball.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Can you give me an estimate of speed?

did you hear a shock wave or any noise at all coming from it?

And do you have any way of finding out if it ever actually touched down on earth, and if so, locating the crash site?

And if you don't mind me asking, where do you live?

Or it was simply ball lightning. Clouds are a good indication that a storm may have been brewing.

HAHA wonderful sarcasm.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
if you have seen it "explode" in little pieces and given the arc trace i dare to see you watched a "falling star"
usually you don't get any sound of a bang or so...

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
could here no sound from it. cant say the speed, it was hauling ballz tho, much faster than any jets ive seen flying. and im in phoenix arizona

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Did they look somewhat similar to the ones that were video taped over Mexico?(not sure if those were green or blue)

[Edited on 5/17/2004 by TekNo88]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
QUOTE:
phoenix arizona

so...you know were the best place is to shelter for incoming spacestuff

right in the middle of the ancient "crater" !

a trilion zilion chanche that 2 objects slam into earth at the same spot

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Did they look somewhat similar to the ones that were video taped over Mexico?

no, i could see this with the unaided eye. it would look similar if it werent for the flaming tail. Maybe the US shot one down with its new laser toys

new topics

top topics

join