It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'U.S. furious over Israeli incitement against Obama'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

'U.S. furious over Israeli incitement against Obama'

www.haaretz.com

The U.S. administration is furious over Israeli incitement against President Barack Obama, Democratic congressmen close to Obama told an Israeli source who returned from a visit to Washington this week.

The congressmen even hinted that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been personally involved.

The source, who met in Washington with administration officials and members of Congress, told Haaretz he was stunned by the level of anger there over attempts to portray Obama to the American public as an enemy of Israel because of his efforts to restart peace talks and freeze settlement con
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Here's an interesting quote from the article:

"There are people here who are playing with fire by damaging our relationship with the U.S."

It seems to me that Netanyahu's refusal to halt settlements in East Jerusalem is going to develop into a real issue with the Obama administration.

Barack Obama certainly does not seem as willing as George W. Bush was to bow to Israels wishes, and with Netanyahu seemingly adament that Jerusalem will not be divided, the prospect of any real peace agreement seems very distant.

www.haaretz.com

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
watch for the smear campaign... should be a doozy

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Interestingly, it is the media that will profit from this friction.

Think about it.

Madison Avenue will be consulted, media campaigns will ensue.... and in the end, people are still dying and living in fear.

All in the name of finding a special person to solve our problems for us... as long as that person is on OUR side....

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is where the rubber meets the road Mr. Obama.

Somehow I doubt he has the stones to do anything about it. We COULD force them anytime we wanted, but what's the point?

Who cares what Israel does? I don't vote in their elections so I don't want to pay any of their bills.

Stopping all aid to everyone solves that problem nicely. Would be nice if we canceled all our foreign debt too. Who would stop us?

[edit on 8-10-2009 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
IMO we should just leave the Israelis to themselves. We already got into enough conflicts on their behalf. The time has come for us to tend to our own tribe and leave Judah to itself. I'm not an anti-semite or anything but really, if they are God's CHOSEN people then surely God will save them. And before anybody goes onto a guilt trip laden rant over the 5000 years of persecution and exile please check out the youtube vids of some orthodox Jews in Israel harassing Christian shopowners and tourists. I don't have the link but there are a series of vids that blatantly show off this appalling behavior. If this is how they feel then may I quote a very bad man named Jeroboam, "see to thine own house, David"

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eye On War

"There are people here who are playing with fire by damaging our relationship with the U.S."

It seems to me that Netanyahu's refusal to halt settlements in East Jerusalem is going to develop into a real issue with the Obama administration.

Barack Obama certainly does not seem as willing as George W. Bush was to bow to Israels wishes, and with Netanyahu seemingly adament that Jerusalem will not be divided, the prospect of any real peace agreement seems very distant.

www.haaretz.com

Hmm I heard an interesting idea that Obama is actually a real president like Kennedy and that's why the Propaganda machine is rallied so hard against him, and how if you look at what he's done it's practically... nothing. Perhaps he is being stonewalled at every attempt and the reason he is pushing health care so hard is so there is something to keep medical afloat because maybe its gonna fall, and hard under the current system, and 'TPTB' doesn't want Obama to spend money to help anybody because they would rather soften the blow for themselves by spending every last of their fake grubby dollars on themselves while people are still providing the work.
Then again who really knows?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RjKon

Originally posted by Eye On War

www.haaretz.com

Hmm I heard an interesting idea that Obama is actually a real president like Kennedy and that's why the Propaganda machine is rallied so hard against him, and how if you look at what he's done it's practically... nothing. Perhaps he is being stonewalled at every attempt and the reason he is pushing health care so hard is so there is something to keep medical afloat because maybe its gonna fall, and hard under the current system, and 'TPTB' doesn't want Obama to spend money to help anybody because they would rather soften the blow for themselves by spending every last of their fake grubby dollars on themselves while people are still providing the work.

Good post, and I think you could be right

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Without US backing, Israel is as good as dead. Sorry to say that, but, it is true. Hey, but as long as the oil keeps flowing....it'll be alright...right?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I never understood why America was so bent on helping Israel.
They don't really want peace.

In the 70's when Israel won at war with Eygpt, the eygptians complained to OPEC and they stopped giving gas to all nations with ties to Isarel. The gas shortages of the 70's.

If that happened now, what do you think would happen?

Why do we let them push us around? What excatly do they bring to the table?

[edit on 8-10-2009 by tooo many pills]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
One thing is for sure the majority of the Zionists and Israel supporters have been very vocal in their criticism of Obama. I don’t know exactly why Tel Aviv wants to make it appear as if there is some kind of rift with Washington but with Rahm Emanuel as White House Chief of Staff I would say the likelihood of Obama and Tel Aviv not being in lockstep is some where between 0% and 0%.

My best guess is that it makes for a handy political distraction and controversy to keep people from focusing on the economy and things like Cap and Trade. It probably has the added benefit of keeping the Iranians guessing whether to expect a U.S. attack or an Israeli one.

Personally I wish Obama had the kind of integrity and fortitude to break or radically alter our relationship with Israeli. The truth is you don’t run a 2 billion Hollywood/Madison Avenue Presidential Campaign unless you are bought and paid for lock stock and barrel.

The fact of the matter is, the ugly fact of the matter is that Israel does keep building on the Palestinian West Bank and we do keep giving Israel money and weapons. We also give a lot of Israeli firms’ government contracts too.

It’s another war of words like the one with Iran. It’s all designed to distract and confuse the masses.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Israel would not bite the so called hands that feed them without good reason, and part of that reason could be the up comming innaugeration of tony blair as eu president. Maybe Israel will get absorbed into the eu and wont need a dying america no more.

Just a thought....

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Man i'd pray to a God I dont believe in for you to be right about Obama.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by tooo many pills]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hi
star and flag great thread

It will be Interesting to hear the Washington media spin on this.
We might be starting to see a back flip towards the Israeli brotherhood that Washington has been pushing in our face of late.

lets hope bombardment from opposing media outlets, the ongoing blogs and message boards around all talk about The UN s findings of the Goldstone report and the war crimes that should go ahead against Israel.

The occupation of Jewish settlements in the west bank continue to be a big hampering in dealing with the Issues at hand with Iran .

With Israel backing Illegal settlements in Palestine and the media outcry of late I would bet on Obama waving good bye to his fading brotherhood with Israel.

Ocker

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RjKon

You know, I'm starting to think the same thing but I'm still not completely sure and what turned me against him in the first place was when he said he wanted to give the Federal Reserve more power. I think it's very possible he is trying to do the right thing and getting blocked at every turn but who knows since we have no real transparency.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
I never understood why America was so bent on helping Israel.
They don't really want peace.

Why do we let them push us around? What excatly to they bring to the table?

Geography, they are one of few allies in the middle east. That's helpful for pretty much one reason and that is oil. However, you will see American Israeli relations cooling as more and more Arab states are regime changed to become American friendly. Iraq is a done deal. They are currently working on Afghanistan. As we acquire more and more friends in the ME, you will see less and less concessions for Israel as they become less useful.

As for why we let them push us around, take a look at your politicians. Many of them have high power positions and dual Israeli American citizenship.

Alan Greenspan and Ben Bernanke are prime examples of high powered Jews deciding things for the American people, and by domino effect, the entire world.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja

Geography, they are one of few allies in the middle east. .

...and the reason for that is....

that the USA supports Israel 100%, regardless of what it does.

Countries that don't unilaterally support Israel have fewer enemies in the ME. Counties that back Israel 100% - regardless of right and wrong - tend to have enemies in the region as a result.

Funny how that works, eh?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Get ready for the mother of all backlashes from every country the is in Europe and the ones half in Europe and half in Asia that cant get accepted. Let that happen you will have a divide in Europe like nothing before.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

What excatly to they bring to the table?

Those in control of the Jewish race, "& the rest of us" bring only disappointment and death to the table.

Old news. I know.. huh?

World banking elite no consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jatsc

Its been on the cards for a long time now, and phoney blair will most likely push it too.
They have found a very large quantity of oil in and around the dead sea, so it would soften the blow politically to bring israel on board. Alongside this is the fact that there is an awfull lot of european duel nationals in israel, and also with the inclusion of turkey may help to stabalize the area especially with the palistinians on board too. Methinks it would also defacto end the jewish state, and as a Messianic Jew myself, its not something i want.

It would not be the first time israel have been ruled by a european superstate-rome.

Its funny how history repeats itself!

Anyway, it just gives us more reason to get to sing in the eurovision song contest! (i never got that btw)

[edit on 123131p://f07Friday by Selahobed]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join