It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Ban the Koran" says Dutch politician

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
youll see more fireworks and not just on the 4th of july lol.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Europeans loved to whine and moan about how big, bad, awful ole America was such a racist land. The US has HUNDEREDS of different races and ethnicities living together in (relative) harmony. Toss a few bearded guys in robes in Europe and all of a suddenly you hear talk that sounds straight out of the KKK.

I knowI'm painting with a broad brush here and not everyone in Europe is the same, but I can't help but feel a bit of of schadenfreude after decades of snotty European comments about "American racism." Now its YOUR turn to see if you can handle one-tenth of the level of diversity that has characterized the US for over a century like mature adults. Either that or man up and close your borders. Whichever way you choose to go, stop the whining and work it out like adults.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Europeans loved to whine and moan about how big, bad, awful ole America was such a racist land. The US has HUNDEREDS of different races and ethnicities living together in (relative) harmony. Toss a few bearded guys in robes in Europe and all of a suddenly you hear talk that sounds straight out of the KKK.

You are painting with a broad brush indeed. For example: a city like Antwerp (+/- 500.000 citizens) has 167 different nationalities among its citizens - without having real ghetto's or no go zones...

It's a fact though that mentality is becoming less tolerant throughout Europe - people are becoming more traditional, conservative, xenophobic, egocentric and scared compared to, let's say, 10 years ago. Or so it seems anyway. A polarization is taking place, while before we were actually evolving towards more tolerance, acceptance, respect. A sad evolution I hope to see reversed again.

<< 15  16  17   >>

join