It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Ban the Koran" says Dutch politician

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
As I have said before, you ban religion, weither it be the Koran, Christinaity, Jewish.

Humans will always find something to fight over.

Banning religion does not resolve the problems.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Unfortunately you can force someone to do something against their will, through physical and mental abuse. This is why we have so many Muslim women taking a stand against the burqa.

Many of these women are trapped in abusive relationships, and the burqa is a very important tool to keep them trapped.

This is why you have people willing to submit ridiculous arguments, and twist every point, they know how important the burqa is in keeping women subservient.

The people who defend the burqa care nothing about the truth. Their purpose here is to distort, humiliate, and paint themselves as the victims.

The sad fact is that, because there can be no common ground found in these discussions, people will turn more and more to people like Geert Wilders. In other words, it will get far worse before it gets better.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

agreed

I really, really, really - really agree

:-)

(4th line - just for good measure)

edit to add: plus a star

[edit on 10/20/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

It can also apply toany other religion poet. Come on, it has happened in Christianity, the Jewish religion, now it is hapening in the Muslim religion. You cannot bann one religion without banning all other religions as well. Sad but true it is a fact.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

In other words, it will get far worse before it gets better.

but it doesn't have to poet1b

it doesn't have to

we don't have to pick sides and dig in our heels - we simply don't have to throw up our hands, give up and roll over - let it go however it's going to go

if we really want peace - we have to work for it - not just load up on canned goods and ammunition and wait for dawn

I do want peace

but I know - I'm just another one of those ceaselessly yammering, endlessly annoying flavor of the day, mouth-peace of Satan, hopelessly PC peaceniks

so shoot me

(you know you want to)

also, poet1b - what ever happened to poet1a?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Oh, I agree, all religions have their extremist ways. This is why separation of church and state is so important.

At one time, other religions did force very strict dress codes on people, but people rebelled and ended those types of restrictions.

Any religion that attempts to control people should be stopped from using their control methods, which is why the Burqa should be banned. The burqa is a method by which men control women.

If it was Christians attempting this, I would say the same thing. I am no fan of Catholicism. I don't advocate banning the religion, and I stated that early in this thread.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Well, I wouldn't be posting here if I wasn't looking for a peaceful resolution, I would be on some sight planning with other war mongers.

You can't integrate when you are wearing a burqa, or your woman is wearing a burqa.

As a Westerner, I see it as a giant sign that says screw my beliefs.

Not only that, but I see it as a prison that perpetuates abuse.

Banning the burqa is the peaceful solution.

Edit to add

I don't know what happened to poet1a, originally, I wanted the name poet1ab, but it was already taken, so I have stuck with this ever since.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by poet1b]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Well, I wouldn't be posting here if I wasn't looking for a peaceful resolution, I would be on some sight planning with other war mongers.

fair enough

I'm outta here

Satan's mouthpiece needs a break

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I watched one video and do not want to watch anymore of that garbage.

Geert is obviously dealing with his own fear from centuries of spitting into the wind. He is afraid his time of rule is up and his people are losing control and the power they have over the masses.

The illusion of “being good” translates to our way or no way. Many, many, atrocities have been committed all over the world, including the USA by a few claiming rights that they did not want anyone of a different ethnicity to claim. He sounds paranoid. I heard nothing to justify his obsession.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I've seen this Anjem Choudary talk, and what a load of rubbish. He thinks the UK will be a Muslim country within a few generations, can noone else see he is trying to brainwash people to slowly invade and take over the UK?

It won't happen of course, he is a deluded idiot who should be taken out of this country forever, the way he talks and brainwashes people amazes me, they all fall for it and can't see how brainwashed they sound and look.

I for one will not allow any 'Islamification' of the UK, and i think pretty much every non-muslim in the UK agrees.

I can see there being a Civil War at some point if this continues, although the sides will be far from even, there are less Muslims in the UK than non-muslims.

Britain will NEVER be a muslim country.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Well IMO and from what i have seen, integration dose not work. Governments have been trying it for years, it just dose not work. These people have such a strong faith, culture and way of living. Its like trying to fit a piece of jigsaw into a different jigsaw. Though people allready know that. What the concern is, is that its growing, along with Radical Islam in Europe. Which is what Geert Wilders is talking about.

Indigenous peoples of Europe are going to become ""a piss in the Ocean"" if nothing is done about it. The governments of Europe relly need to tighten there Immigration.

Tsom87

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by the siren

I find it extremely funny that this man repeatedly screams about his right to an opinion, his right to express those opinions wherever he likes, and then says that something else should be banned.

This man is a disgusting hypocrite.

Anyone who gives him a moment of their consideration in anything other than condemnation is an idiot of the highest order.

In the last thread about this guy I suggested that he should be allowed to express his opinions, and that people could fight him with their own intelligent views.

I'd now like to suggest that he be "banned" from our shores, not because of his political views, but simply because he is a complete tard who doesn't even see the stupidity and hypocrisy of his own comments.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

With a signature of "www.boycottisrael.co.uk..." it is easy to see why.

It seems that all Geert wants is to get rid of a growing hostile population within Holland, where most of these people feel more loyalty to their own country than they feel towards Holland.

Geert it looking out for preservation of Holland, while it seems that you for some reason have a major problem with Israel.

With enemies like you, it makes Geert all that much more respectable.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Any religion that attempts to control people should be stopped from using their control methods

I would apply this to the sorcerers that control the world. In the case of religion one is aware of the rules, in the case of sorcery, one may not know it has been applied.

People choose their religion, although most tend to accept the religion of their parents.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Siren]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Banning the burqa is the peaceful solution.

I agree.

Many Muslims believe that the Islamic holy book, the Qur'an, and the collected traditions of the life of Muhammed, or hadith, require both men and women to dress and behave modestly in public. However, this requirement, called hijab, has been interpreted in many different ways by Islamic scholars (ulema) and Muslim communities (see Women and Islam); the burqa is not specifically mentioned in the Quran
source

Unfortunately I don't own a Quran so I can't be 100% sure the statement above is correct, but if it is, that means...
1) Men have to dress modestly too, not just woman
2) Dressing modestly doesn't necessarily mean wearing a ninja suit

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by the siren

Yeah, being that there are numerous reports of the head scarf and the burqa being used as tools of religious oppression, intolerance, and intimidation, they should be made illegal.

When non-Muslim women have to start carrying head scarves in their purses to avoid harassment in Muslim neighborhoods, then it is time to make these head scarves illegal.

Also make it a serious offense to harass a woman for not wearing a head scarf or a burqa. Those who harass women for not wearing these symbols of oppression should get hirty days county for a first offense, up to a year for a second. If violence is used, ten or more years should be the price.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by the siren
Unfortunately I don't own a Quran so I can't be 100% sure the statement above is correct, but if it is, that means...
1) Men have to dress modestly too, not just woman
2) Dressing modestly doesn't necessarily mean wearing a ninja suit
From what I remember that's true, both sexes should dress in a modest way, the idea is not to "advertise" the body as such, even man should not show more than the lower arms and legs, and that only while working.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
A number of scientists claim that Islam has elements of a sect.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Udo Hohnekamp Lux.

That would be on par with all religions. What about the Jewish religion? Is that a sect? Or Roman catholics? etc., etc., etc.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
One of the things I actually agree with in the Quran is the notion that people should dress modestly. This does not mean that you should have to wear thick clothing on boiling hot days, or dress like a ninja as other people have said.
However, I do not think the hijab should be permitted in religiously secular nations because as others have said, it is a sign of submission and oppression. If your country is an Islamic nation then that is a different story.

[edit on 15/11/2009 by Dark Ghost]

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join