It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Ban the Koran" says Dutch politician

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Geert Wilders is a racist. He and his party has it not only out for Muslims, but they want all colored people out of the Netherlands. They also want Aruba and the Dutch Antilles out of the Dutch kingdom.

The Netherlands for white people and for white people only. That's what they want.

The reason why he's getting so much attention is because the law enforcement can't get control of the criminal "foreigners", which are a minority, but whose crimes usually get blown up in the Dutch media. This gives the common Dutch person a completely messed up image of colored people and the way they act in the Dutch society, and abroad. Some people don't even know we live in real houses in Aruba (which is part of the Dutch kingdom). Yes, I and numerous other family, friends and acquaintances have been asked those silly questions by European Dutch people. They've asked me if I live in wooden houses, they've asked my mom if she lived in a tree like some prehistoric tribe. Ten years ago they were surprised that I can speak Dutch well three months after moving to the Netherlands to study (not knowing in Aruba our schools are in Dutch and we did the exact same exams they did to finish high school). Some others don't even know we are and where born Dutch.

Some European Dutch people think any foreigner is black (Chinese included).

Geert Wilders plays of the sentiments of these people who are ignorant of the facts about foreigners, and then they rally and complain against anything foreign (read colored). That's what's going on. He should be ignored.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Do you have any links to back up your claims about Gert Wilder's beliefs, as I couldn't find anything to back what you state.

I found this link very informative, so I thought I would post it here.

www.forum.nl...

Here is a link to an interview with Geert Wilders.

www.guardian.co.uk...

It seems he is only concerned with Islam.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Originally posted by poet1b
It started with this.

Men might "force" women to wear high-heels

Why would men force women to wear high-heeled shoes? To make them sex objects of course.

and ended with this.

Do you beat your wife if she goes around naked?

Now, to point out your semantics errors, I assumed you meant, "Do you beat your wife if she does not go around naked."

I meant exactly what I said there. So no. And how do you make a jump from "men force women to wear high-heels" to "You have been accusing me of demanding that women walk around naked"?!

Of course tie that to your signature, and your message is clear. You had to keep repeating the shoes topic, so I called you out and it worked beautifully.

Tie in with my signature? What? I'm sorry....if you've "called me out on something", you're probably the only person who knows what. I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure I never accused you of demanding that women walk around naked.

Yes, it is my opinion that the Burqa is a traveling prison, and a symbol of oppression, that is why I am putting this out there, so that people wake up. Putting your wife in a burqa and forcing your daughter to wear a head scarf everywhere is oppression, they are chains, in essence.

I think you see the burqa for what it really is. You support the burqa, because you support the control of women.

Forced? Who said anything about forced? I NEVER did. The only "forcing" in this thread was your idea to FORCE a ban on the burqa and headscarf. Since you support the banning of headscarf/burqa, does this mean you support the control of women?

[edit on 19-10-2009 by babloyi]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

reply to post by blupblup

And we get that you will make up any ridiculous excuse to pretend that Islam does not have some horrible practices.

Sorry where am i making up anything?
You may be confused.

What is it I've said that is somehow pretending anything?

Please explain.

If a christian priest molests a child, he goes to jail. It is illegal and not acceptable.

Or the Church covers it up to protect their good name.

I think it's common knowledge that it happens.
And more often than not... nothing is done about it?

There is a rather extensive page on it at wiki.
en.wikipedia.org...

It happens in Judaism too.
jewishsurvivors.blogspot.com...

Your support of barbaric and archaic beliefs and customs makes you someone that I think should be forced to live in this world you defend, Iran, or Saudi Arabia, or perhaps Somalia. That is where you belong.

Again... where am i supporting anyone?
I just don't like seeing one group of religious nutters calling out another.... i see it as hypocritical...

"let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

Do not post private U2U messages.

Remain on topic and let's try to be polite to one another.

Thanks,

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Thank you, thank you and thank you!

Finally somone to put a stop to the childish antics of some members on this thread. Completelty ridiculous.

Back ontopic.

No religion is perfect. But thenagain no religion is better than the other. All religions have thier faults. So the question should be, how can they be improved?

Or has it come to the stage where religions are going to go against each other once again, in a Major Religious War.

And there we all thought we would learn from history, isn't that a absolute joke.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

[SNIP]

My beliefs rely completely on scripture.

And yet, the simple act of quoting scripture would clear up the issue. I quoted what Jesus had said in regards to where he went, all you have done is whine how I'm the mouthpiece of Satan as if it's an insult.

Athiests and/or satanists try to use any trick in the book to turn people from the truth, from the Gospel of Jesus.

I disagree, again I must point out that I quoted what Jesus said in that regard and all your doing is claiming without showing.

Think about that drive you have, where do you think it comes from? Why do you care how other people believe?

Do you think it's ok for people to spout around something that you know is wrong?

You want to save them, lol, from a man whose main message was LOVE? To love your neighbor as yourself?

Which goes against what God has deemed allowable in the Old testament. God says his word stands forever, never to be changed by man. Jesus was not the Messiah nor do the Messianic prophecies indicate that when the Messiah does come that he will change Gods word and usher in new religions.

You are simply a tool, a pawn, and don't even know it.

This coming from a man who can't even quote from scripture what he holds to be true about a false Messiah.

***MOD EDIT: u2u's are not a part of this thread.***

[edit on 10/20/2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Geert Wilders is highlighting Extream Islam which is a reality. It will only get worse if people don't stand against it. Though speaking against such thing in the UK is not easy, people have been brainwashed into thinking that anyone who speaks up against a ethnic minority is a Racist. Greet Wilders has said (at least all the time i have heard him) he dosen't hate any people of any race.

Intersting listen!

Tsom87

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I can tell you've had bad experiences with some of my less educated countrymen, but please don't generalize. "The common Dutch person" does not have a "completely messed up image of colored people".

Wilders has stated time and time again that he has no problems with Muslims themselves (I can't remember him ever making a comment about coloured people in general, so I second the request for a link), it's solely the Islamic ideology he perceives as dangerous and a threat to our culture.

And yes, it's true his party seeks independence for Aruba and the Dutch Antilles. But that has nothing to do with the colour of the people living there. His party is very fiscally conservative and seeks to minimize government spending wherever possible. Currently, millions of euros of European Dutch taxpayer money are flowing away to former colonies that are rich enough to support themselves.

Finally, I disagree that Wilders should be ignored. His popularity demonstrates the existence of concern among the Dutch about a growing influx of Islamic followers and he provides them with a voice. Pretending those sentiments don't exist seems foolish to me.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Muslims and the Islam are a big issue in the (non-Dutch) mainstream media. Arubians, Antillians and Surinamese are not (except for the Holloway case some years ago). That's why you might not find much about it. Except for the part that he had his fellow politician (Hero Brinkman) criticizing Aruba, calling all of us corrupt (pot calling the kettle black) on U.S. t.v. and what not.

And he's not the first and is certainly not the last. In the past we've had Pim Fortuyn (who wanted to offer all foreigners money for them to leave the Netherlands), Jan Maat etc... They have all discriminated against us and have veiled their racism to the outside (non-Dutch) world.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

IMO he's lying. He'd rather see a whites only Netherlands.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Symer

Finally, I disagree that Wilders should be ignored. His popularity demonstrates the existence of concern among the Dutch about a growing influx of Islamic followers and he provides them with a voice. Pretending those sentiments don't exist seems foolish to me.

I believe soon, if not allready, his popularity will demonstates the existence of concern within Europe. People know what he's saying is true, about Radical Islam, though like i said, most people would be in fear to add there voice to this concern.

Tsom87

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
reply to post by TSOM87

Are you sure that's not the reverse-racism monster being stirred up inside you? Since when does wanting to preserve, honour and celebrate one's own national identity for their country make them against non-white people? When a country like Japan has festivals and public ceremonies praising their culture and heritage they are not considered racists and xenophobes. Japan also has a dirty history.

I'll tell you a very sad, simple truth. In modern times, most non-whites that suffer and blame their troubles on "racist, intolerant whites" are hurting mostly because of their inaction to change things. I am not excusing the mistreatment and injustice that they suffered in the past, but they will likely not be able to move on and be happy if they continue to blame an external enemy for all of their current troubles.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Am I guessing correctly that the Aruban media has been raging pretty hard on Wilders and his party?

Going around claiming he's a racist with nothing to back such a claim up is an easy way out of a potentially difficult discussion. Surely it's easier to say 'He's just a racist' then it is to admit that the Aruban government does have some problems with corruption.

It reminds me of Americans telling me "I'm just jealous" when I'm trying to discuss an area in which the US has been lacking.

It's a quick way out, but not very constructive in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
reply to post by TSOM87

If Geert Wilders and people like him of the same concern don't stand up against this it will become a Muslim only Netherlands. Netherlands is on that course.

Tsom87

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I totally agree - Muslim countries do not allow other religions to practice there - it is tome to get an eye for an eye!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Listen to this, listen hard to what he has to say.

He is not a Racist. He's fighting for people who want freedom in the future.

Tsom87

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join