It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bulk Dehydrated foods at Costco

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jar11

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin
OK ...first of all ...

Costco has had freeze dry food for A while now.
Yes that was A bit of A deal.
All kinds of group packages there.
They have A meat variety pack for $199.99 for 288 servings.
288/200= about $1.44 per serving.
7 to 10 days delivery

[edit on 9-10-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

sorry I just wanted to comment that that's only $0.69/serving. Really good deal.

DOH !!! My math sucks, thank you.
Thats for the meat variety pack

The year package works out to even less.
Is this A rip off... no of course not.

I just know if you buy this package you better make sure you going to have a good source of water.

I don't like TVP products personally, I don't think the word meat should be used. There processed vegetable protein.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gluetrap

I'm also in the Tulsa area. Everyone is better at my place and I still haven't caught the flu. Hopefully being around it so much I have built up some type of defense against it.

I haven't seen anything at Sams either but there are lot's of good items there in bulk that can store. Maybe not as long as those designed for long storage but I still like the bulk items. I need to make a stop there this week and see if I can find anthing good.

I was extremely surprised at the number of negative responses this thread has produced. I was just trying to help those out who might be looking for something like this. I'm sure those that want to purchase dehydrated bulk foods already know the postives and negatives and don't need someone ridiculing them. Amazing!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Someone locally told me about these dehydrated foods

samandy.com...

Supposedly they are freeze dried in #10 cans, about 600lbs worth, and it is a 2 year supply for 1 person.

anyone ever heard of them?

[edit on 19-10-2009 by DJM8507]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

Just make sure you freeze any bulk flour, corn meal or baking mix you get from the store for a week or two if possible. I think you can also bake it at a low temperature, and storing long term in buckets would be a much better solution as well.

We bought a big thing of pancake mix, and even though it had a zipper seal and I had it in an extra large ziploc bag it still got bugs. Those bugs then escaped and by the time we realized what had happened they were all over our pantry. GROSS GROSS GROSS!!!

It had been in the back of the cabinet for a while, as we just don't eat pancakes/waffles that often.

I ended up throwing out most of our dry packaged foods and grains even if they weren't obviously contaminated just to make sure we had all the little buggers out of the house.
We are now restocking our pantry a little a time and its sort of depressing.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
im not meaning to rain on anyone's parade but if your city is in such bad shape that you cant get food ... what are the chances your water is still running to rehydrate that food... its not going to do you much good without water ...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I ordered the costco tropical fruit cans and the vegis. Thrive is the name on the cans but shelf reliance is the manufacture out of Utah. I thought maybe I would get a better deal from the manufacture but no costco has the deal for real. The cans are actually full , most are not from other companies. The straberrys were 1/2 full but I am really happy. The price is excellent. The larger set of 78 cans is back ordered now.
Non GMO, they state that most of it is grown in the USA but not all.

edit by me for spelling, where is that darn spell ck we have been asking for?

[edit on 21-10-2009 by saralee]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

Some of us also store water and have means to collect and purify water. But you are right, no water = no rehydration.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by saralee

Sounds like a good deal. If you crack open a can, let us know how they taste!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join