It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bulk Dehydrated foods at Costco

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Honestly how pathetic have we become. Stock piling dehydrated food,
get a backbone stand up and use your energy to try to change the world.
Instead of stockpiling crap that some gang of thugs will just come take from you. Your buying your salvation from the same facist system who is scaring you into buying it. Be scared very scared you can do nothing to help others save your self. Dont worry about anyone else unless it benfits you. If tptb exist they must read post like this and pee there pants laughing. Look at these cowardly little monkeys they deserve to be dominated. So huddle and hide and pray for salvation while chewing on your dried food because all your water has gone bad. Not me I will be on the street with anyone else who wants to stand against the long night. Hopefully people will wake up and we can regain are liberty as free men and women before we let it slip away. So stop stock piling worth less food and start talking to everyone u know about how u feel about the society we have created. Education and communication are are swords.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
reply to post by on_yur_6

Something I've not seen with any of those 1 year supply of food family plans is a meal planner. What would be ideal is if when the suppliers say, "this amount of food will last 1 person 1 year" they would also include exactly how to divvie the rations up in meals...

[edit on 8-10-2009 by whitewave]

If you go to Emergency Essentials at Beprepared.com they actually have some tips on food preparation (dehydrated etc) and recipe books. Check it out.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
cheaper: Buying some seed packets...grow your own fresh food.
Buy a dehydrator and some meat and make your own jerky if you want to prepare for the man eat man world of tomorrow

Might break out the jerkymaker myself and make packets of "survival food packs"...will even come under the corporate 800 buck price for a year supply

as PT said, "theres one born every minute"

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Just a piece of advice for anyone stocking up on this -- also spend the money and buy enough cooking oil to go with it.

Cooking oil is one of the most valuable survival tools when planning on living off of dehydrated food. It's relatively inexpensive and is the best way to cook various foods without electricity. You are not going to want to use any water for cooking -- you'll have to save that solely for drinking and cleaning.

Anybody worried about cholesterol or constipation from using dehydrated food and/or cooking oil isn't really planning on "surviving". And isn't so indicative of the society we now live in to worry about going to the bathroom?

I think people tend to forget that at the point that one starts relying on said dehydrated food - TSHTF and it's all you have left. Suddenly, the "side effects" become irrelevant and the sole focus is on staying alive.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
oh, last note on this.

should we come to a time where I have to shoot my neighbor out of fear he will be stealing my freeze dried peanuts, I do hope I died in whatever it was to begin with that started it...because scratching out a existance on a world devoid of food is not a world I would want to be a part of overall.

you can take your moonrock earth...I will check out early...feel free to grab my old bag of rice cakes should you stumble across my home in the new desert planet..oh, and toss a coat or something over my body.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
For the best prices on dehydrated food, shop around like anything else. A little internet searching will save you a lot. I also bought some on ebay, very competitive priced.
Buying in bulk and vac sealing is also a way to get stuff dirt cheap. Good luck to all.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
For those that do not want to support TPTB...
try going to the website of the makers of THRIVE here . Its a Utah based company I believe and they have some good products to consider if your interested in that sort of thing. I do not know if its cheaper then Costco, but its there non the less.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Does anyone have a good site or a list of things that one should have to be prepared for an emergency? Or for when TSHTF ?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
And coming up next, get your genetically modified foods in I.V. bags for direct insertion.

Why bother rehydrating your food when you don't even have to taste it! Consume at twice the speed for twice the disease!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
A Gun
A bottle of Scotch
And some rolling papers

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It looks like its no longer available.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Why would you want to give Costco your money?
Just imagine a giant warehouse of over-processed GM food is just gross and corporations like Costco are the ones that are killing us all in any case, they keep us fat, and lazy.
Instead of buying that junk, start supporting you local organic farms, most of them now have weekly vegetable, even meat deliveries right to your door once a week. Fresh, no hormone, grass fed, no pesticide honest to goodness real food. Do you even remember what a real tomato tastes like? Have you ever even seen how yellow the yolk of a real egg can be?
Get out of Costco, instead go out your front door, find your local farmers and give them your 800.00. You'll feel better, and be doing more for regular folks than anything Costco ever could hope to do.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MADCZAR

I don't think that TPTB are peeing their pants laughing at us poor fools stocking up and such since they're doing the same thing. Have you heard of underground bases, seed vaults?

Besides, I don't know how we're supposed to fight and take back what's ours and right the wrongs of the world if we're starving.

BearTruth thanks for the handy tip. I'll check it out.

If Costco no longer has the food available you can still dehydrate and nitro pack your own. It's a good investment.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

There's not much you can do if people won't listen. Just keep preparing for yourself. Hell, even my wife isn't fully on board. It really rubs her the wrong way with all of the closet space I have taken up storing food/water/supplies. At least I don't keep my ammo stores in the closet. Most people just hope for the best and don't think things will ever change. Those people normally don't study history either. History is seriously about to repeat itself.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kenochs

I spend about $900 a month on food and products at Costco. The quality is much better then the stuff I find in small markets around my area and it's cheaper. I dont see the point of paying more for less just to support local farmers.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
One should trace the source of this food.

Remember just like Walmart, an 800-pound pig like Costco is only concerned with maximizing its greedy-profits, at the expense of the average uninformed American. All of the big-box stores, have ripped America off, and are notorious for selling Chinese garbage.

Don’t forget all the poisoned milk powder that recently came out of China. The chinese are currently producing megatons of dehydrated food, and distributing it throughout the U.S.

What residual levels of pesticides and other toxins are in these food containers?

“Chinese Tainted Milk Company Accused Of Cover-Up”
abcnews.go.com...

[edit on 9-10-2009 by seasoul]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_uk
I do however believe that the reason we are having a "food crisis" is due too over population and our governments need to take steps to stop this from happening.

I disagree. Farming has been outsourced to many countries instead of local farming. We are too dependent on the current system of transportation. Another fuel shortage/price spike would reveal this again. If the trucks can't make a profit delivering the goods they won't ship. If Iran is bombed you will see record breaking prices on fuel. When items aren't shipped to your store what will you do?

Here in the USA our country puts the priority of three inch bait fish over farmers and jobs. San Joaquin Valley is in the middle of an intentional drought instigated by the US government to protect the Delta Smelt. This is one of our country's main breadbaskets. There is almost a 40% unemployment rate in this farming community.

It's Fish Versus Farmers in the San Joaquin Valley

Another reason for food shortage is the use of ethanol in our fuel. Food crops are being diverted to fuel generation. It's so profitable many Mexican farms have stopped making Tequila and have started growing ethanol crops.

It's time to return to our roots and stop depending on other countries for our food. There are many reasons we should all have some food stashed away in case there is a short or long time disruption of our current food distribution system.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
OK ...first of all ...

Costco has had freeze dry food for A while now.
Yes that was A bit of A deal.
All kinds of group packages there.
They have A meat variety pack for $199.99 for 288 servings.
288/200= about $1.44 per serving.
7 to 10 days delivery

Now the only problems left are ...
How much is a serving ?
Wheres it coming from ?
How is it packaged ?
Was it relabeled ?
Has it been repackaged ?(old stock)
Who's making it ?

Now As far as I know quality freeze dried food with proper packaging is A little expensive. I doubt you want to eat it daily.
The only reasons to buy long shelf life foods is if you "know" your going to be there when the SHFT.
If you buy A screw driver from Snap-on and one from the dollar store which is better ?
When survival food is concerned it's better to buy the best quality.

If you can't afford to outright buy the best "stuff" for your survival then budget,save for it and get a little at A time.

As far equipment is concerned get A 72hr kit NOW if you don't have one and work your way up.

Have a nice day.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MADCZAR

Are you serious? Calling people pathetic for making preparations to take care of their family? Why can't you do stand up and make your voice heard and prepare to take care of your family? I don't want to look into my children's eyes when they are starving and tell them I can do nothing for them. If any thug thought about coming around here to take what I have stored they wouldn't walk away. Believe me I've prepared for that.

Not everything has to be about a corrupt or collapsed government. We recently had a horrible ice storm that knocked out power everywhere, including all of the grocery stores. Some people were without power for weeks.

Honestly you are the first person I've run across that thinks being prepared is pathetic.....

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
if you can't afford this bulk deal, just buy a dehydrator and DIY.

Google Search of Dehydrators

hyperlink FAIL!

anywhere from 55 USD to 200 USD can get you the ability to DIY.

Turducket Jerky!

[edit on 9-10-2009 by 10001011]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join