It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN defunding is TEMPORARY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

She then further said that Congress hasn't cut off ACORN funding like you think. She says "Congress did a CYA move, they defunded ACORN just for the month of October." She adds that on November 1, "the spicket of federal tax money will open wide open again."

From this article: Michele Bachmann talks to Chris Baker about ACORN

To add insult to injury, she informed us that while ACORN didn't get federal funding in October, "They received a million dollar grant from Homeland Security for fire safety." Click Here for the story. What does ACORN have to do with fire safety? In fact, "they received 80% of the money for fire safety that was supposed to go to Louisiana."

Guess we get to see ACORN back to their wacky shenanigans again in November! The democrats cannot let them fall apart, they need then for the election in 2010.

-E-

[edit on 8-10-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
An excerpt from the article cited:

The behavior of some ACORN employees has been completely indefensible, but make no mistake -- the resulting sideshow is being fueled by the Right to distract all of us from the truth. And the truth is this: ACORN's work is invaluable. We make sure the have-nots and have-lesses get some say and some political power in this country -- and the people protecting the status quo have never been a big fan of that.

I think that about sums it up. IMO Acorn should be censured and defunded until it can prove itself trustworthy again. That said, they are one of the most powerful voices for the powerless in this country, and they do register many new voters who haven't been represented before.

On the whole, I disagree with just about everything Michelle Bachman says.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

That quote came from an ACORN member. ACORN has never had my trust, even before Pimp-gate, so earning it now will be very hard. I'm not saying SOME of the people/programs associated with them are not good, but I am saying the name ACRON is forever synonymous with voter fraud, and helping pimps set up shop. That's not where I want my tax dollars to go.

-E-

P.S. Spare me the "Your a right wing neo-con" mumbo jumbo, b/c i'm a Libertarian, and have never been more proud to be so.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think that soon the truth will come out. The reason why they are taking money that is suppose to go to Lousiana, is because the district Attorny of Lousiana has put a federal supeona on Acorn and they have to turn over all of their books and records to them. Failure to do such, means that the Disctrict Attorney can then put an injunction against Acorn, shutting them down in short order. But like cockroaches in the light, most of the board members and others in that organization will leave and go into the darkness of other so called community help groups that are not so transparent.
I also believe the real shame of the CEO of ACORN, Bertha Lewis, what she fails to understand is that it is been shown that corruption from the top down to the bottom of the entire organization. From embezellement, to tax evasion, voter fraud and other illegale and imorral actions on that organizations part. I will never trust them or any organization that the different members go to, as they are getting away with crimes that would send the average person to jail over.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think that ACORN should be investigated further to assess whether the problems are isolated or systemic, and then the appropriate action taken.
However.......

I also believe that Haliburton, KBR, DynCorp, Blackwater and many others should be de-funded as well. All entities that demonstrate criminal or otherwise inappropriate behavior as a matter of practice, should ALL be de-funded.

Lots of deaths, murders, fraud and even slavery have been attributed to the other companies I mentioned above.

But you can't just de-fund ACORN because it's politically convenient, and leave the others to continue killing, raping and stealing money just because they're not on the political landscape right now.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by uaocteaou

Yea but acorns a community activist group receiving federal funding. Big difference from Haliburton and co, which from what I am aware are privately owned. Considering all the charges brought up on acorn, "pimp gate" was the wake up call about the shady dealings they have been accused of.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

And if the guilt is systemic, they should be de-funded.

I'm NOT defending ACORN, I just don't want to be a part of a lynch mob either.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by uaocteaou

That was why I pointed out the difference between acorn and the other companies. But since the other companies rely on gov't contracts they can be "hit" by the bidding and/or prerequisites to be in the bidding.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Is this ancronym a message beyond what meets the eye?
What does this ACORN symbol really stand for anyway?

Is Acorn associated with the military? To me, the image below looks kind of like a church with belfry, the acorn representing military...and the words "we accomodate" could mean ...what? They accomodate religious dominionism?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

They are not associated with the military as far as I am aware. They do identify with churches and generally recruit and intermingle in minority and lower income churches as that is where their "redistribution of wealth" propaganda hits home. In essence they recruit thier "soldiers" from poverty and low income areas with promises of bringing down the man and ideals of social justice. Some of thier middle management as well as upper ecehlon are true patriots to thier cause of uplifting the poor while bringing down the rich. It is nothing more than a pro-entitlement group that thinks that because you or me work and become successful we should fund and feed those that do not make an effort. Now, before someone jumps on me about being anti-poor, poor people who CANNOT pull themselves up or get a seriously f'ed up shake in life through no fault of thier own should be helped. Just not those that CHOOSE not to do something about thier situation and rather look for a handout. ACORN has to go. And honestly the Rathkes in my eyes ( the founders and CEO's) are nothing more than slavers.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd

They are not associated with the military as far as I am aware. They do identify with churches and generally recruit and intermingle in minority and lower income churches as that is where their "redistribution of wealth" propaganda hits home.

That is very interesting.
Could it be that they are networked into the rumored "private militia" of the christian dominionist movement?

How odd that an organization identifying itself with xtianity would also bear an acronym that refers to "sharpshooters" and "snipers".

The acorn symbol was used on the daggers of German militia in WWII.
Acorn motifs were also used on marksmanship awards.

Luftwaffe Silver Bullion Sharpshooter Aiguillette Braided Cord insignia w/Acorn

one acorn...good shooter
two acorns....very good shooter
three acorns....sniper

Were Civil War bullets chewed and carved into acorn shapes for a purpose?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

You do have a very convincing arguement as I was quite off, putting together what you posted earlier. That being said the symbolism of ACORN may not be what you need to focus on as most of thier members are pretty much just loud, rarely getting aggressive physically. However under ACORN's spread wing IS the SEIU ( Service Industry Union). They have been noted, arrested, and caught on tape more than a few times acting as jackboots and physically intimidating and attacking those that oppose them. I REALLY HATE TO USE THIS EXAMPLE, as in Germany the 2 factions of a certain someone were split between not ideology, but how to ENFORCE it. Scary thought indeed. SEIU Jackboots

[edit on 8-10-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
However under ACORN's spread wing IS the SEIU ( Service Industry Union). They have been noted, arrested, and caught on tape more than a few times acting as jackboots and physically intimidating and attacking those that oppose them.

I think some of these ancronyms are very telling.
And actual ancronym would be SIU. I suspect the E was for 'intent' in pronounciation.

SEIU...see you? or in a sarcastive voice "seeya!"

(This reminds me of a cancer treatment called 5FU. Medical personnel used to joke about it and call it "5 Feet Under". Ancronyms are usually clues to affiliations or intentions.)

Perhaps we should take a deep look under ACORN's wings. I bet there are some nasty bugs.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Acorns wings are that of an oversized condor. Over 300 fledgling organizations rest under the ACORN umbrella. SEIU, APOLLO ALLIANCE, and Center for American Progress are the big boys in the pod. They all interchange and work together under one lone progressive. Obama? NO. George Soros.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
"Acorn Goes Mercenary"

www.motherjones.com...

Truth in jest?

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Who is really funding ACORN...and what is the REAL purpose of it? Oh, I know their Robin Hood cover story...we've all heard that before. Many times the truth is the opposite of what is proclaimed.

Who is funding ACORN? and why?

Pass the Offering Plate: ACORN Getting Church Funds

September 24, 2009

....The PCUSA (Presbyterian Agencies) grants are one example of direct financial support for the beleaguered organization. In 2004, the National Council of Churches (NCC) coordinated with ACORN to increase voter turnout and "education," with a special emphasis on demographic groups in the population that tend to vote overwhelmingly Democratic.

www.theird.org...

Religions have more money than any government.
Is ACORN acting on behalf of the Christian Dominionist movement?
And if so, what could this mean to all who have spoken out about the lies of religion?

IRD President Mark Tooley commented:

“As ACORN implodes amid scandal, it will be interesting to learn whether other church agencies funded the activist group.

“Many Presbyterians would be aghast to know that some of their collection plate money was underwriting ACORN.

“As Presbyterians cut overseas missionaries from their rolls, how scandalous they still had funds for ACORN.”

IRD (Institute of Religion and Democracy)
www.theird.org...

If religious councils are funding ACORN they can certainly continue to function without government money or government approval.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
No No Noooo
*running around room screaming, pulling hair out*.

When will the madness end???

S&F

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Sundancer]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Don't miss this thread.
Take a look at ACORN's Handbook.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join