It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unedited Nasa clip - Uploaded - 7/10/09. UFOs Moving over Lightning Storm.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
What a beautiful sight, the crafts seem to be going crazy above the lightning...I suppose that's what it is. Must be fun to be zapping around in space...

Here is the vid. Enjoy.

And please don't tell me they are ice particles.

Martyn Stubbs, the one who contributed this video and others.
There are quite a few of these, I think about 8. So anyone that would like more insight on these NASA videos should consider taking a look at these.

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
These "ufos" only seem to move while the camera moves. When the cam is still the "ufos" are still. someone slapped ufo on the title to get hits

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It would be nice to compare the star background to the dots on the screen, and otherwise to get the illumination context of the scene.

But Martyn refuses to provide that information.

He demands a prosaic explanation -- but withholds the critical data on which a genuine investigation would have to rely.

The game is rigged.

But a lot of the target audience doesn't mind at all.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

that is an interesting video

one thing i noticed is , the camera sure does move around alot. that 's something i have noticed in many of these NASA vids. when some objects show up that might be UFO's the camera moves away almost as if they don't want to record them. i could be wrong but i think that video is from STS-48. we don't know what the objects are and don't mind Oberg , even if Martyn Stubbs had the info Oberg is crying about, he would still never admit anything was truly anomalous in any NASA video.

S+F

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Hi,

I noticed that too. Also, if you look in the middle on the far left on the screen, you can see a blurry spot on it. At 2:45 you can see something moving behind it. Could be anything though. I'm not a video analyst so I can't say for sure...

Notice how they seem to scatter when the lightning breaks...Pretty neat.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I thought I saw something interesting at about the 1:00 mark where the object appears to travel and suddenly stop, but then I noticed the camera was also moving.
Everything seems to travel in straight lines.
Plenty of space junk out there now that the Chinese have entered space.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
the supposed UFOs are not the stars and camera movement. Watch the whole video past the 1:44 mark and look near the atmosphere. There are plenty of non star movements that have nothing to do with the camera moving.

You are quick to dismiss this without even watching the whole thing obviously.

There are over 9000 cataloged items floating around up there as space junk but these NASA videos do interest me a great deal. The space junk and ice crystal explanation does not always fly with me as these objects move in varying directions and do seem to be commonly in the vicinity of lightning strikes.

Thanks for posting, I had not seen this one.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

good eye , i didn't see that until you pointed it out. that object seems to come from the left side of the screen and does not look like it's anywhere near the shuttle and then that patch of something appears and then seems to disappear after the object appears to go threw it. hard to say what either of those anomaly's are and determining the depth of field on that is difficult.

there has been alot of speculation about these ufo's seen in the NASA vids being attracted to the lightening storms. none of us can say for sure if that's true and until the space tourism industry is going full speed we may never know what's really going on up there. unless you believe everything NASA tells you

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You guys are having way too much fun playing the game without a full deck of contextual information.

You don't know where the sunlight is, or what the shuttle is doing, how it's moving and changing its motion, or what stars are in the field of view, and what the crew and MCC were working on and commenting on.

You don't know the names of any primary witnesses.

And you seem perfectly happy not knowing. It seems to be your preferred state of unawareness.

So your speculations are immune to any counter-arguments.

Well, i'm not going to rain on your parade. But I'm not going to take your speculations seriously, either. I'm sure that doesn't bother you. Enjoy yourselves.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

since you think it's important to have all that info you are whining about , why don't you provide some of it ?

why not practice what you are preaching ? or is that too much to ask for from you ?

are you going to take your bat and ball and go home just because the conversation isn't going how YOU like it ?

[edit on 8-10-2009 by easynow]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

A number of 'stars' appear which I don't think are stars
as well as some moving fire balls with tails. So we got
Foos (feu in French) in formation and some moving with tails.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Congratulations!...Jim is done...he's worn out & has gone to the old skeptics trick, dismissal... He can not be bothered any more. Bad mistake... Unable to continue at ATS, means he losses his power. We stop listening if his "passion" turns to mocking, like his post did.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
how about providing some of the info you are crying about since you think it's so important ?

I'm on Jim's side on this.

It is not him who has to provide that information, it's the people who are making the claim that there's anomalies in the video.

And you don't think it's important to have all the information before labeling something unexplained?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge

how about providing some of the info you are crying about since you think it's so important ?

I'm on Jim's side on this.

It is not him who has to provide that information, it's the people who are making the claim that there's anomalies in the video.

And you don't think it's important to have all the information before labeling something unexplained?

the shuttle birps , farts , dumps and pisses so many different way's it won't matter what info you have because you will never be able to claim something is truly anomalous with all those excuses constantly occurring.

the lighting conditions are somewhat obvious in this video and the never ending claim that just because the video was taken near the terminator means all these things are just debri and are being lit up because of the Sun is just a conviennent excuse to dismiss everything everytime.

having all that info Oberg is crying about would be nice but ultimately it won't tell us for sure what it is we are definitely seeing in the video.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Here is one of Martin Stubbs' first vids - 'Martin Stubbs vs NASA 1
Seems like a smart enough guy to me.

There is a whole series.
Knock yourself out.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
You guys are having way too much fun playing the game without a full deck of contextual information.

You don't know where the sunlight is, or what the shuttle is doing, how it's moving and changing its motion, or what stars are in the field of view, and what the crew and MCC were working on and commenting on.

You don't know the names of any primary witnesses.

And you seem perfectly happy not knowing. It seems to be your preferred state of unawareness.

So your speculations are immune to any counter-arguments.

Well, i'm not going to rain on your parade. But I'm not going to take your speculations seriously, either. I'm sure that doesn't bother you. Enjoy yourselves.

I hope the clip posted above will provide adequate answers for your queries.
Just so you know, you come across as arrogant.

I will edit that clip into the OP. To give it some context.
Thanks for the constructive criticism. It goes a long way.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

since you think it's important to have all that info you are whining about , why don't you provide some of it ?
why not practice what you are preaching ? or is that too much to ask for from you ?

So I'm now the excuse for the ease of UFO promoters deceiving and misleading the eager-believers? How many hundreds of hours of reviewing tapes do you think I owe you, to find these scenes -- scenes that Martyn knows full well when he recorded?

fixed typo

[edit on 8-10-2009 by JimOberg]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

the lighting conditions are somewhat obvious in this video ...

That's the point -- they aren't. The illumination conditions are unearthly. You have to know where the shuttle is in its orbit, which way the camera was pointing, and what potential sources of local-generated dandruff were in action. "Guessing" based on inappropriate earthside visual experience is helplessly hopeless -- which is where the sponsors of these videos are happy to leave you.

Why are you happy to remain there? I'm genuinely curious. Why is it that you don't just "don't want to know", you positively "want to NOT know" what the true environment of these views is?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
I'm genuinely curious. Why is it that you don't just "don't want to know"..

Jim, its highly ironic but I often think the same thing about you when it comes to actualy addressing UFO evidence.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Quick question, are you James Oberg, the UFO skeptic and debunker from this video?

(click to open player in new window)

(FF to 11:15)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join