It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher labeled terrorist, child abuser after students sing for healthcare on CNN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

rawstory.com...

An unknown person who has previously attacked the Wikipedia pages of U.S. Rep. Patrick Kennedy and John Travolta's deceased son has now vandalized the page of an educator after his students performed a song and dance routine advocating health care reform on CNN.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-8-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Now, your entitled to your opinion about health care, but some people just take it too far. Mostly I wanted to show that the "terrorist" label also gets thrown at liberals, or those seen as having liberal ideas, just as easily as it is at the conservatives. It just seems more so right now because we have Democrat in the WH. When Bush was POTUS, liberals were the ones being labeled as terrorists for having opposing ideas.

I'm just getting sick of the hate. On ATS and in our country. Yeah, we may all have different ideas on how things should be done, but that doesn't mean we all don't want what we think is best for America.

Now, there are people who only want what is best for them and it usually entails making life hell for us minions, but, seriously, to call are fellow citizens terrorists and whatnot is really just over the top.

rawstory.com

[edit on 8/10/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Mods: Can you please fix the title for me. Sorry, it should be: Teacher labeled terrorist, child abuser after students sing for healthcare on CNN

edit: You beat me to it

[edit on 8-10-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
You know there are still innocent people that are not tuned into what so many know about the huge changes in our world today.

It could have been of innocence that the teacher had the children sing to support the President.

Many years ago it would not have been odd or pollitically incorrect you know.

It is like a mass of wild dogs ready to shred anything, anything these days.

(I am not saying that I would have allowed or approved this song, but i also know that there are people too busy living their lives to know jack about anything most of us do)

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I don't really know about the song. I wasn't able to really focus on anything else about this story other than someone being filled with so much hate for someone who supports healthcare reform that they went through the trouble of changing their wiki page to say some pretty ignorant things about him.

Looks like it's not the first time the culprit has struck though.

I know that some people don't truly know what is going on but for those of us who do, I think it pertinent to focus our anger and frustration on those who are really running the show and not direct those emotions to people who otherwise really just have an opinion on what they think will make things better for people.

I'm at odds with conservatives sometimes, but I don't hate them. I know they want what is best for our country and its citizens. It's the people in the WH and on the Hill that I am angry at because all they care about is padding their pockets at the expense of the integrity of the US and individual freedoms.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Wow! Two warnings for one post.

Let me make myself clear.

I'm all for government run health care.

And I voted for Obama.

But, I don't think having a group of kids dressed in school uniforms
rapping about how we should accept everything Obama is helping his
cause.

Now, if I get a warning for saying my opinion, then so be it.

As for someone sabotaging other people, I don't agree with that either.

I can tell you that I have had to stick up for Obama, against those who don't like him simply because he is black more than once.

So having a group of all black students rap about Obama Health care dressed in uniform only adds fodder to the racist's rants.

In my opinion, it was a very bad move.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
A public health care option, offered to us by the Federal Government, is unconstitutional. It is NOT written anywhere, that anyone has the right to free health care. It IS written that the Federal Government should not interfere with anything not explicitly outlined in the same document.

Thus, my thoughts are that anyone who supports the public health care option also supports the Federal Government's crusades against the Constitution.

You cannot support one, and not support the other. They are one in the same.

That terrifies me.

Thus, I do believe that anyone who supports the Federal Government stomping on our rights and our Constitution is a terrorist.

:shrug: Any adjective is subjective, so of course this is 100% opinion and is no way representative of facts or the opinions of others.

My point: who cares? Someone thinks someone else is a terrorist... it happens every single day on Fox News.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Now, your entitled to your opinion about health care, but some people just take it too far. Mostly I wanted to show that the "terrorist" label also gets thrown at liberals, or those seen as having liberal ideas, just as easily as it is at the conservatives. It just seems more so right now because we have Democrat in the WH. When Bush was POTUS, liberals were the ones being labeled as terrorists for having opposing ideas.

I'm just getting sick of the hate. On ATS and in our country. Yeah, we may all have different ideas on how things should be done, but that doesn't mean we all don't want what we think is best for America.

Now, there are people who only want what is best for them and it usually entails making life hell for us minions, but, seriously, to call are fellow citizens terrorists and whatnot is really just over the top.

It is over the top in your opinion.

But in my opinion, it might not be.

In the next poster's opinion, it might or might not be.

At the end of the day, we have the right to call someone a terrorist if we believe them to be one.

Is the topic of this thread about the rap, or about your disliking for our freedom of speech?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Can we not call it "Cyber Terrorism" by the unknown person. I think that perfectly suits.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
Can we not call it "Cyber Terrorism" by the unknown person. I think that perfectly suits.

You can call it "purple" or "lime flavored" if you want.

Or "Billy Mays", or "Jupiter" or even "Dick Cheney".

People say and call one-another stupid things all the time..

I'm still not really understanding why this thread is of any importance.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I would say she is not a terrorist but child abuse? Yes, I do think so. She is there to teach them, not to brainwash / Child Abuse them. Just because she voted for the idiot that sits in the White House doesn't mean all those kids need to be exposed to that crap and turned into Hitler minions...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ignore the politics by forgetting momentarily about the Healthcare Issue and how you personally feel for it at all.

Since when is it acceptable for anyone to defame another for having a different viewpoint, especially to the point of Slander?

Since when is it acceptable to commit criminal acts of Vandalism, digital or otherwise?

It is never okay to use ideology to justify the means of one's actions. In my mind, "User talk: 96.10.92.234" is no better than the Islamic Jihadists he attempts to attribute those he is ideologically opposed to belonging. Any extremist that puts their ideology before civility towards others, and tolerance of other viewpoints other than their own is a fanatical zealot.

Had "User talk: 96.10.92.234" wrote his own commentary on his own blog about saying the same things, then his First Amendment Rights would apply to his own opinions as they would the next person. People might disagree with his ideology, but it is his right to say whatever he wants so long as it is not specifically meant to Slander without substantiation. However, defacing Wikipedia pages to use for his own pulpit surrenders those rights as he then committing not only a criminal act, but denying the First Amendment Rights of another.

Healthcare reform has little to do with this cut and dried case.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It's amazing how easily we sling around the word terrorist any more.

Who are they bringing terror to?

It kinda puts the following video into perspective.

See how easy it is to label someone a terrorist?

To me, that is the unnerving part.

PS. Did you know John Elway is a Freemason?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I agree that it is terribly unfair to label the teacher a terrorist and child abuser. What they did was wrong and I will not condone it. In fact, that video was disturbing. However, the word 'terrorist' is overly [mis]used to the point it has become a form crying wolf.

On that note, if it's any consolation, the accusation did not come from a politician, the media, or some federal document classifying such people as terrorists. Instead, it was a lone wolf anonymous Wikipedia vandal. Stuff like that happens all the time which is why Wiki even has a specific name for it.

If the accusation was coming from a more reliable and influential cause, I'd be a lot more concerned.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by nunya13

I agree that it is terribly unfair to label the teacher a terrorist and child abuser. What they did was wrong and I will not condone it. In fact, that video was disturbing. However, the word 'terrorist' is overly [mis]used to the point it has become a form crying wolf.

On that note, if it's any consolation, the accusation did not come from a politician, the media, or some federal document classifying such people as terrorists. Instead, it was a lone wolf anonymous Wikipedia vandal. Stuff like that happens all the time which is why Wiki even has a specific name for it.

If the accusation was coming from a more reliable and influential cause, I'd be a lot more concerned.

I also don't condone the name calling that occurred.

I would not be surprised at all if it turned out it was a pro-healthcare activist behind it trying to drum up falling public support for the POS healthcare bill.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by antiopression

Like I said, though, you can disagree with Obama's plan for healthcare and he and his cronies may very well have their ulterior motives for wanting it, but to call a fellow citizen with differing views a terrorist and suggest that he's abusing children and using the gymnasium for as a terrorist training camp is just so incredibly over the top and uncalled for.

I know this is just this one guy being talked about in the article, but my concern is that people with opposing opinions on healthcare may really have this perception of people who agree with Obama's plan.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

You get it. Thank you.

This doesn't have anything to do with healthcare. It has to do with people throwing around such insidious accusations at people who have a different opinion than they do. You can THINK and SAY whatever you want, but my concern is that this kind of mentality is what is tearing us apart.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I agree that labeling the teacher a terrorist and child abuser is going a bit too far.
However if my child was in that class, I want the teacher and principal or administrator of the school fired for allowing video of my child to appear on CNN without my concent. I would probably sue CNN as well. This is not a news item. If there was something going on and my child was photographed in the background, I wouldn't have a problem with this. This is a manufactured video, it is the same as a movie or commercial. How dare they show it without my signing a release for authorizing my child to participate in this.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Since well before 2001, the word 'terrorist' (and the word 'war' for that matter); have been two of the most abused words in politics.

In the 20th century it was 'yellow' or 'red' commies, things change, yet never do.

The use of a childrens' performance for demonstrating support for a political program is disingenuous (considering kid don't vote). In effect, it is as sleazy as calling someone a child-molesting-terrorist because you feel someone is taking advantage of the kids to further a political agenda.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join