It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reining In ICE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Reining In ICE

www.thecherrycreeknews.com

DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano and Assistant Secretary for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) John Morton rolled out a series of initiatives meant to rein in the web of federal centers, state and county lockups, and for-profit prisons that constitute a multi billion dollar "patchwork" of detention cells created by the Bush administration.

DHS suspended controversial workplace raids and introduced a new set of guidelines that require ICE officials to focus on the employers...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
johnbowe.wordpress.com

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
About time, the GW admins approach was primarily designed to aid the slave traders who engaged in employing illegal immigrants by harassing any who dared to speak up for their rights.

In his book "Nobodies", John Bowe documents how illegal immigration policy has allowed slavery to exist in modern day America.

At the top of the chain are stock holders and politicians, at the bottom is a father of six, one of whose children suffers from leukemia, who entered America only to become the unpaid employee of a labor contractor nicknamed "El Diablo" for his cruelty.

For those of you who do not know, el diablo is Spanish for the devil.

The employers are the real criminals in illegal immigration. While some illegals make a better life for themselves, all too many find themselves trapped in a horrible situation.

On the John Bowe link, you can sign a petition to get the list of companies that use child labor and slave labor, which was authorized by congress, which the GW admin refused to make public.

www.thecherrycreeknews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There is no reason why both the criminal employers and the illegal invaders cannot both be arrested/charged/convicted.

Focusing on only one portion of the problem isnt going to fix it.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwreck

Yeah, focusing on the employers will fix the problem. If employers can not hire illegals with out stiff penalties, then there were be no jobs for illegals, and therefore no reason to come to the U.S..

This is the least costly solution, but of course that is not what law enforcement wants. Law enforcement wants to justify their jobs, and having a large immigration of illegal immigrants does just that. Thus the police state continues to expand itself.

edit to correct grammar mistakes.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by poet1b]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
this is along the lines of my beliefs on this issue. I don't blame the illegals at all. They are just doing what we(our government) allows them to do. Free health care and no taxes? where do I sign up? oh wait, I am a citizen, so I have to pay and pay. Focusing on the problem, the real problem is the way to fix it. I think you have nailed it on the head. Prevent employers from being able to provide sub-minimum wage employment, and eliminate the loopholes that allow an "undocumented alien" to receive Medicaid. I think everyone should have a shot at the dream, but you have to follow the rules just like I do. Without rules the US would be just like, well, Mexico.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
By essentially conducting an open borders policy the GW admin has succeeded in screwing everybody except for the rich who benefit from these illegals. This is a huge part of why our economy has collapsed.

It is good to see that the Obama admin is taking action to end the horrible mismanaged immigration policy of the GW admin.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
ICE should come poking around southwest CT then..to palces like CVS, walgreens, and walmart..i guarantee they will have a field day!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Really? By giving amnesty and healthcare to illegals, Obama is solving the illegal immigration policy? Seems more like he's just trying to please the left and add millions of Latino Democrat voters.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Illegal immigration has been subsidized by medicaid for a long time. While many American citizens have no access to healthcare, anyone with an accent can get free treatment, no questions asked. It is a scam to provide cheap workers.

The amnesty program is a mixed bag, considering the open border policy that the GW admin ran.

Going after the employers is the solution that needs to be followed, and that is a vast improvement, if it is established.

top topics

join