It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For canadians-who do you want as PM??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
well this is the canadian version
so canadians who do u want as the PM???

personally i wanna see Mike Harris or Stephen Harper i'm getting sick and tired of those dam liberals who just sit on the fence!!

and i guess if your american or from somewhere else and know canadian politics who do you want to see as PM??

keep in mind they have to be a canadian citizen

posted on Feb, 19 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Anyone but that arrogant Chretien...don't get me started...*L*

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
rahboni yes i don;t like chretien as PM either but who wud u like to see as PM??

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to Canadian politics, either one of the McKenzie brothers would make a fine PM of Canada, hoser.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Umm...if Brian Tobin stopped being one of the band wagon gang, he might not be bad. The reform party has yet to produce a believable leader. Ralph Klein was refreshing for a moment...but he has no credibility. How about Red Roy (Roy Romanow)? I don't necessarily mean party wise, but as a leader.

I suppose I'm biased, being from Western Canada and all, but any political hack from Ontario/Quebec would have to be cut, as they tend to see just themselves. Canada does exist beyond Thunder Bay, and I hope the next PM will understand that. Alberta is already stirring with seperation talk....Saskatchewan and Manitoba are waiting in the wings.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
i think the alliance wud do good

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Faute de mieux, I ended up reading half a dozen newspapers on Canadian politics over the last few days. Mostly Vancouver and BC splendidly provincial.
I studied the new budget and, after my shock at how high taxation is in Canada even in the least rapacious provinces it was pretty obvious that the new budget means whoever gets in is in deep trouble. There is a commitment to spending that must effectively cripple the next incumbent. Its a Liberal budget and commitment whoever wins.
Ones immediate impression is of a country determined to beat the recession that is evidently here and ones first impression is also that there is a can do spirit here that will be a great asset.
On an international level: both sides seem resigned to Canadas continued collapse militarily: but maybe Canada doesnt need a huge military.
Overall, the stranglehold of the provinces strikes one as so strong that Ottawa seems largely irrelevant: hypnotism rather than scandalism.
Id appreciate enlightenment from a Canadian.

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
well estragon
military-yes i think so, we rely to much on the usa
taxes-yes i this cuz the money is spent on stupid things
provinces vs. ottawa- yes the provinces don;t like ottawa cuz chretien is dumb, but they 2 have always been bickering especially quebec

top topics

join