It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For canadians-who do you want as PM??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
well this is the canadian version
so canadians who do u want as the PM???

personally i wanna see Mike Harris or Stephen Harper i'm getting sick and tired of those dam liberals who just sit on the fence!!

and i guess if your american or from somewhere else and know canadian politics who do you want to see as PM??

keep in mind they have to be a canadian citizen

posted on Feb, 19 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Anyone but that arrogant Chretien...don't get me started...*L*

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
rahboni yes i don;t like chretien as PM either but who wud u like to see as PM??

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to Canadian politics, either one of the McKenzie brothers would make a fine PM of Canada, hoser.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Umm...if Brian Tobin stopped being one of the band wagon gang, he might not be bad. The reform party has yet to produce a believable leader. Ralph Klein was refreshing for a moment...but he has no credibility. How about Red Roy (Roy Romanow)? I don't necessarily mean party wise, but as a leader.

I suppose I'm biased, being from Western Canada and all, but any political hack from Ontario/Quebec would have to be cut, as they tend to see just themselves. Canada does exist beyond Thunder Bay, and I hope the next PM will understand that. Alberta is already stirring with seperation talk....Saskatchewan and Manitoba are waiting in the wings.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
i think the alliance wud do good

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Faute de mieux, I ended up reading half a dozen newspapers on Canadian politics over the last few days. Mostly Vancouver and BC �splendidly provincial.
I studied the new budget and, after my shock at how high taxation is in Canada �even in the least rapacious provinces � it was pretty obvious that the new budget means whoever gets in is in deep trouble. There is a commitment to spending that must effectively cripple the next incumbent. It�s a Liberal budget and commitment whoever wins.
One�s immediate impression is of a country determined to beat the recession that is evidently here and one�s first impression is also that there is a can do spirit here that will be a great asset.
On an international level: both sides seem resigned to Canada�s continued collapse militarily: but maybe Canada doesn�t need a huge military.
Overall, the stranglehold of the provinces strikes one as so strong that Ottawa seems largely irrelevant: hypnotism rather than scandalism.
I�d appreciate enlightenment from a Canadian.

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
well estragon
military-yes i think so, we rely to much on the usa
taxes-yes i this cuz the money is spent on stupid things
provinces vs. ottawa- yes the provinces don;t like ottawa cuz chretien is dumb, but they 2 have always been bickering especially quebec

top topics

join