It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing kids toy uses brainwaves to levitate a ball

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Ok. Seriously. How does it work?

The wireless headset reads your brainwaves through dry sensor technology and can determine the differences between alpha, beta, gamma and delta waves. This allows a chip inside the Force Trainer to use an algorithm to interpret the data and translate it to physical action, which in this case moves the Training Sphere into different sections of the cylinder

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f37d246b3211.jpg[/atsimg]
The force is strong with this little dude!

How is the ball physically lifted?

The brainwave data is translated via computer chip to a fan inside the base of the Force Trainer, which is what actually lifts the ball -- your brain waves control how high the ball goes or how much it moves.

How do you see this technology being applied in the near future?

The applications for the underlying technology are nearly limitless -- there have been discussions of using it in remote controls for televisions, stereos, video games, as well as some medical applications and other avenues for this type of technology.

Link: Mysterious "Force Trainer" Toy Explained

This is pretty amazing to me, and if it is a hit for the children I believe it has profound implications for the future! Is this the beginning of controlling objects with our minds? If this type of game becomes popular, over time, will we gain more control over our brain waves?

-E-

[edit on 8-10-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

It looks like a fun novelty toy. The EEG reader controls a fan in the tube that blows the ball up. Your brain isn't doing anything directly to the ball.

There is work being done on using brain patterns to control cursor movements in computer programs.

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Toromos]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

Ya, the brain controls the velocity of the fan that in turn levitates the ball. Guess it wouldn't have been as fun for the kids if the toy was The Amazing Mind Control Fan!!

-E-

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This is actually old news

A number of toy companies including Mattel are releasing variations of this for Christmas.

There are wheelchairs that can be driven using devices that read your brainwaves and determine whether you are thinking 'left, right, forward, backwards, bear left, bear right' etc.

Work is being done on a device that may replace the keyboard which reads brainwaves that correspond with specific letters, numbers etc.

The implications for this technology are massive..

Also, its so off the wall, the majority of Scifi writers completely bypassed it

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

Thats why this is not in the breaking news forum, I did a search and found nothin on it, so I brought it to ATS to discuss.

-E-

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I love technology! What was once considered 'magic' can now be done through science! Think about all the great mysteries: flight-conquered! Jules Verne's submarines-invented! I think that the human mind's potential to solve problems is awesome! I want this toy!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
even though I think this toy is really neat and all, I don't see why kids would want to move the ball around with their brain. Isn't it more fun using your hands and auctually picking the ball up and throwing it around? My kids would use this toy twice ....maybe.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

Thats why this is not in the breaking news forum, I did a search and found nothin on it, so I brought it to ATS to discuss.

-E-

18-3-2009 www.abovetopsecret.com...

Searched "brain wave toy"

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Well damn, am I the only one who thinks the ATS search function needs to be upgraded?

-E-

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

-E-

Relax.. I did put a smiley face after the sentence..

Here's another one for good measure

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

No prob, I should have done more searches! Heres a happy face for u

-E-

new topics

top topics

join