It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many on here can bug-out with NOTHING?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Lets just put it this way.
No one will know what they are capable of until something happens.
We could measure ourselves against one another until we break our tapes, but the relative point is that if the S does HTF, there is no way everyone is going to get out of it.
There is also something to be said for waiting a bit, before moving.

Even the best laid plans of mice and men can be ruined by variables.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I intentionally left out which sit-x (use your imagination)

You want me to name it, ALL OF THE ABOVE YOU MENTIONED, Total breakdown of society.

You again't the world, Are you going to fight your way to your gear, or get while the going is good and forget your gear

There always has to be one that wants exact details.Common sense should have told you to pick one more severe than just a mob fight on the street.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtcctr
I intentionally left out which sit-x (use your imagination)

That's lame

You want me to name it, ALL OF THE ABOVE YOU MENTIONED, Total breakdown of society.

That's lame and not probable

You again't the world, Are you going to fight your way to your gear, or get while the going is good and forget your gear

that's lame and not probable

There always has to be one that wants exact details.Common sense should have told you to pick one more severe than just a mob fight on the street.

Your lazy... I don't think YOU have common sense. Therefore this thread exist

Here's some questions for you

Why do I have nothing ?

How many threads have you started in this forum ?
How many threads have you read in survival forums or survival topics ?
List ANY survival skills or equipment you have ?
Have you ever signed a lease,own property,or A home.
Have you ever been institutionalized. How long ?
Did you own a computer ?
Make a list of the top 5 survival related publications that you own.
I'm talking hard copies.

How long have owned them ?
Do you know how to make a kazoo out of a squirrel ? got pics ?

Your OP is not A valid thread in a survival forum ..why?

Can you accept that or will your ego force you to try and beat this thread to death ?
Now once you answer all those question,I would you suggest read more before you make A thread.
Use the search function here.
And respond to the threads that exist ...all of them.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think your question is very valid.
These are the instructions that have been given:

In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.

Luke 17:31

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Forced survival is probably the type of survival most people will encounter if SHTF. And the only thing that will save you is located between your ears.

And if you don't know how to use that tool then that tool will probably not save you. That's a hard fact of reality.

Building a safe house wont save you if you are far away from it. And your tool box wont save you if you dont have it with you.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i have nothing to worry about since im always walking in the forest, beach and the street i live at and I pretty much know where everything is.

I'm also resourceful, mentally strong and in physical shape.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

Why do I have nothing ? You decided to go for a walk without it.If you ALWAYS leave your house with it, You might need to seek help,, Its called paranoia

How many threads have you started in this forum ?,, 1 I just asked a simple question.

How many threads have you read in survival forums or survival topics ? ,,Several

List ANY survival skills or equipment you have ?,, My brain, Anything more will slow me down and waste valuable calories, I survived for 2 years without looking at money,or begging,left my home with the clothes on my back,and never stold anything. Some of the time in the woods and some in city,

Have you ever signed a lease? Yes,, own property,or A home. NO I would not wan't the headache.

Have you ever been institutionalized. How long ? Never

Did you own a computer ? Yes

I'm talking hard copies. I own none,,, thats what the library was for when I was 8. I'm over 40 before you ask

Do you know how to make a kazoo out of a squirrel ? Sorry NO I don't make useless things got pics ? Sorry NO

Your OP is not A valid thread in a survival forum ..why?,,,I did not know it was Illegal to ask a question,Sorry I wasted your time,

If the question is to difficult for you,There are alot more threads that you can bash

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtcctr

Why do I have nothing ? You decided to go for a walk without it.If you ALWAYS leave your house with it, You might need to seek help,, Its called paranoia

I have never left the house with nothing for the last 30 yrs.
Your thinking is flawed
Your thread vague.
Your assessment of me is not valid.

Here is some tests for you "know thyself"
similarminds.com...
www.humanmetrics.com...
www.web-us.com...

How many threads have you started in this forum ?,, 1 I just asked a simple question.

NO ...you presented A vague scenario that can't really be answered any other way than this.
I don't know ? maybe ?

How many threads have you read in survival forums or survival topics ? ,,Several

1)Read more
2)use the search function here. It sort of works.
3)Make some friends. Pick me if you want but I'm A bit nasty and you can be nasty back if you want. If not I won't be nasty anymore.

List ANY survival skills or equipment you have ?,, My brain, Anything more will slow me down and waste valuable calories, I survived for 2 years without looking at money,or begging,left my home with the clothes on my back,and never stold anything. Some of the time in the woods and some in city,

Glad your still alive .
Read more ! Stick around it's worth it

Have you ever signed a lease? Yes,, own property,or A home. NO I would not wan't the headache.

That is your choice to make.

Have you ever been institutionalized. How long ? Never

Awesome. I'm not really A Typing Penguin. OK
There is some awesome people here, get to know us.

Did you own a computer ? Yes

Awesome that means you can hang out.

I'm talking hard copies. I own none,,, thats what the library was for when I was 8. I'm over 40 before you ask

I love the library great place to decide if you want to buy the book or not.
Plus it's great place to meet up with people.

Do you know how to make a kazoo out of a squirrel ? Sorry NO I don't make useless things got pics ? Sorry NO

Dam I guess I'll have to let that squirrel go then?

Your OP is not A valid thread in a survival forum ..why?,,,I did not know it was Illegal to ask a question,Sorry I wasted your time,

It's not and if you knew me well,you would be laughing.
You should see some of the ones I come up with

If the question is to difficult for you,There are alot more threads that you can bash

It's not hard...when making A thread you have the opportunity to edit the title,the Original post,and your other posts after that. There's A time limit.
A couple hours.
Were all allow to be human ...except me ..I'm A penguin.
I'm not bashing your thread.
Welcome To ATS Survival I hope you enjoy your time here.

Now that you answered all those questions...

I don't know maybe ?

In An urban environment there is stuff everywhere and people are your friends or foes.
To the best of my abilities ?

[edit on 8-10-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I will say this,I can probably survive. Not the best way, I will be the peson barely making it. I won't be able to carve a lock out of wood for my door. But I know enough not to build my lean to in a stream bed.

I will if I have too, but I will be cursing and begging for my air mattress the whole time.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
we could do it... if all else fails ...we hot wire a vehicle.... and head into the hills where the shelter is at...

along the way.... do what ever i have to to stay alive...

having a gun is not an issue... I always wear a hand gun....

goes with the damn job....

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Australian aborigines can.

so if you're in australia, best bet is to try to befriend some of them who still know their traditional subsistence lifestyle. they helped white people survive in this country when the first colonies were set up (silly them)...

maybe the same goes for other countries with indigenous people who are used to living off the land and making what they need from nothing.

they will survive when the rest of us starve...

alternatively, befriend a farmer. they're already growing what they need probably; and own a few guns...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I'm never without my kershaw so
I guess the question does not apply.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

OMG should I eat this ? Any know what that is ?

Go for it.

It looks like rose hips to me. Lots of good vitamins.

[edit on 9/10/09 by PSUSA]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PSUSA

Go for it.

No it's not

You need A penguin.
Your making penguin stew I bet

Maybe it's A shrubbery ?
NEE !

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
You can bug out with nothing but I wouldn't recommend it. Might want to take at least some survival stuffs with you.

My bug out kit consists of my Gilly suit, rifle, sidearm, and camo backpack o' goodies (which contains all of my actual survival gear which also contains my 2 piece 40lb recurve bow and screw apart arrows.).

They can't catch what they can't see

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Go for it.

Too low to the ground to be rose hips. Also rose hips do not grow in clusters like that.

I think it looks like wintergreen berries.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

No I'm sorry Alethea there not wintergreen berries(Gaultheria procumbens).
That bush doesn't have waxy green leaves.
The leaves on that bush are serrated.

I know it's hard to tell from pictures.I also know those books on edible plants and mushrooms I bought might kill me one day. That's why I try and get to know each plant in person before I eat it. If someone else tells me it's edible they get to eat it first. My Dad use to take me foraging all the time. He wasn't A botanist,he grew up on a farm.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

That sure does look like rose hips to me. But OK, for the sake of the argument I will admit I am probably wrong.

The berries come in various shapes and red tints, but the leaves and ... never mind.

OK then, what are they?

Maybe it's A shrubbery ?

[edit on 9/10/09 by PSUSA]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

That sure does look like rose hips to me. But OK, for the sake of the argument I will admit I am probably wrong.

The berries come in various shapes and red tints, but the leaves and ... never mind.

OK then, what are they?

Maybe it's A shrubbery ?

Hey the OP asked A question,pretty much A blanket question. so lets play ARE we going to survive.

What Do you want me to do ....put you on the right path oh knight who say Rose hip haha

A PATH!!!! A PATH !!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
reply to post by lucentenigma

Here's my position. I'm a nice guy. I don't steal. I don't take advantage. I'm not selfish.

In Sit-X, I'm a dead man unless I nut up and start getting not-nice.

What you'll probably find is that people will tribe up and live off each other's willingness to help their tribe survive.

I agree becoming "not-nice" would be an option to consider. But how far do you take it? I personally don't want to have to prey on my fellow man for my survival. There has to be a better way.

I think it may be wise to tribe-up, that may be best for long term survival.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join